Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Orolius - Time Frame

ShiningArmor

I know the name is a bit of a pun, but hey, it might be useful.

Orolius: Has the ability to manipulate time. (Kind of like in the game Time Shift.)

Health - 75 (250 at 30)

Shields - 100 (300 at 30)

Power - 100 (150 at 30)

Armor - 80

Sprint Speed - 1.1

Stamina - 100

Polarities - 4x 17px-Ability.png 1x 17px-D.png

Aura Polarity - 19px-Bar.png

Ability 1: Deceleration: Send out a wave of energy to slow down time on any enemies who enter for 5%/15%/25%/45%, with a length of 2/4/6/10 in-game meters, and a width of 1/3/5/8 in-game meters and lasting 3/6/9/15 seconds. The difference in speeds causes enemies who enter to take DoT for 60/120/180/250 dps.

Ability 2: Blink: Move ahead forward in time, potentially teleporting to a spot in the future for .5/1/1.5/3 in-game meters.

Ability 3: Gift of Time: Increase the defense of your fellow Tenno by looping their armor through time, increasing their durability by 10%/15%/20%/30% for 4/6/8/12 seconds.

Ability 4: Time Lock: Release a time bubble which pauses all enemies in time in a radius of 5/7/10/15 in-game meters for 3/5/7/10 seconds. Can stop bullets from coming in, but be warned: As soon as the ability is over, all bullets/projectiles that are locked in the time lock will resume motion, meaning they can hit you once it ends.(Might be subject to change.)

Edited by ShiningArmor

What about Kronos as an alternative name? Nice ideas though.

No! Enough with the friggin Kronos, Cronus, Chrono, Chronus, Krohnus, Krono, and Chronuks. Seriously it was clever the first time, by this point it has gotten super annoying. There's easily over a hundred different time frames named with a variant of cronus. Orolius is much better!

No! Enough with the friggin Kronos, Cronus, Chrono, Chronus, Krohnus, Krono, and Chronuks. Seriously it was clever the first time, by this point it has gotten super annoying. There's easily over a hundred different time frames named with a variant of cronus. Orolius is much better!

I actually got the idea for the name off of Horologium the Clock from Fairy Tail. xD

Edited by ShiningArmor

What if instead of Pause (his ult already stops time) he creates a time rift in a straight line, Enemies trapped in the rift will be slowed and take damage over time. Also other abilities have especial benefits against rifted targets.

Also instead of rolling like other frames he does a "time shift" like Aeron from Castlevania.

When your trying to make a great time manipulator you need to go beyond just "increasing speed". Be an Aeron, dont be a Zilean

Oh just remembered this guy named Nox, the main villain of Wakfu cartoon and he can pull off some pretty good Time tricks

Edited by The_Sharp_Demonologist

What if instead of Pause (his ult already stops time) he creates a time rift in a straight line, Enemies trapped in the rift will be slowed and take damage over time. Also other abilities have especial benefits against rifted targets.

Also instead of rolling like other frames he does a "time shift" like Aeron from Castlevania.

When your trying to make a great time manipulator you need to go beyond just "increasing speed". Be an Aeron, dont be a Zilean

Oh just remembered this guy named Nox, the main villain of Wakfu cartoon and he can pull off some pretty good Time tricks

You mean Aeon? And I looked at his ult, and I don't know if that would work good for an Ability 4 since most 4s affect an area. The only one that seems to not is Valkyr's and she just gains claws and invincibility. Trinity as well but she just heals her team. All others as far as I know affect an area. And I can try the time rift, though, but I don't know what you mean by "other abilities have special benefits against rifted targets". I'll also mess with my Fast Forward a bit.

I've made a few edits to the abilities, but I still can't think of anything for Fast Forward and Rewind. I took out the running speed for Fast Forward and made it so it affects the entire team, but I'm still doubting that that would be a good idea.

Edit: Also made a quick edit to Time Lock.

Edit 2: Replaced Rewind with Time Warp.

Edited by ShiningArmor

You gotta be a little more creative, though, and call it Veesiar.

Lol, nice.

I've made a few edits to the abilities, but I still can't think of anything for Fast Forward and Rewind. I took out the running speed for Fast Forward and made it so it affects the entire team, but I'm still doubting that that would be a good idea.

Edit: Also made a quick edit to Time Lock.

Edit 2: Replaced Rewind with Time Warp.

Too much usage of the word 'time'. For first skill try, 'Deceleration'. Skill two could be 'Flash' or something like that to imply to are doing something quickly, since that's the meaning of the description. FF is more of you're skipping something, moving ahead forward. Doesn't fit.

3rd ability, lets make it support. Maybe a durability buff skill, (yes this potentially would not be favored by frames that don't need durability) but we could work on that. Overall i think 'Gift of Time' <--- New name for #3 =D would be very valuable overall (for most frames, even if not all) in increasing durability for other frame skills.

Lol, nice.

Too much usage of the word 'time'. For first skill try, 'Deceleration'. Skill two could be 'Flash' or something like that to imply to are doing something quickly, since that's the meaning of the description. FF is more of you're skipping something, moving ahead forward. Doesn't fit.

3rd ability, lets make it support. Maybe a durability buff skill, (yes this potentially would not be favored by frames that don't need durability) but we could work on that. Overall i think 'Gift of Time' <--- New name for #3 =D would be very valuable overall (for most frames, even if not all) in increasing durability for other frame skills.

As a change, I made Ability 2 Blink, where he is moving forward in time to a spot he would be in in the future. Man making a time frame sure takes a lot of time. xD

Cool ideas, but most are difficult to realize in game (that's why they will most likely use simpler abilities for a time-controlling frame). However I like the idea to change immediately to the spot where the movement would normally end as an alternative way to roll =) (idea of The_Sharp_Demonologist)

Yeah like how Zephyr is lighter than most frames why not giving this guy some unique movements, rolling is for mortals.

Like Volt with his second ability, speed?

No, not really. Here's the link, it's a bit different. The frame uses speed abilities to obliterate his foes.

Edit: I can't find the thread. T.T

Edit 2: Nevermind, found it: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/195180-my-ideas/#entry2268422 It's the last concept in the Warframes section.

Edited by ShiningArmor