The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Flavor/passive Abilities

CaelChulainn

Alright I'll keep this short. Me and a few mates were kicking an idea around about little bonuses a frame brought to the table, nothing game changing but stuff you'd notice every so often and it would sell the frame as one of a kind, For example:

Excalibur:

All melee stats receive a X% boost. On a melee only run this bonus could be upped with U13 around the corner.

Frost:

Resistant to ice attacks and the cold environmental hazard.

Volt:

Reduced damage from shock traps and gains energy from them.

Ember:

Reduced fire damage and speed boost on fire environmental hazard.

Nekros:

X amount of energy on a kill.

This is really to not force playing a frame but reward you for playing this one and also help in the play-style they encourage. Frost on a cold environmental hazard is pretty gimped as a tank and Ember is already fragile without having reduced spacing so this reduces those issues while sticking to the frames lore. Thoughts?

This is posted multiple times a day and DE doesn't seem to want it.

Valkyr is lighter and has a different reaction when falling (slowfall). That could be the stepping stone to each frame having a unique passive eventually.

Valkyr is lighter and has a different reaction when falling (slowfall). That could be the stepping stone to each frame having a unique passive eventually.

Zephyr? And that seems to be very different than what is being described here

Yep, it's a great idea, just as Loki's Meele Bonus while Invisible.

That's just a bonus you get from the enemy being unaware. I can be done with Ash or Excalibur's radial blind.

Zephyr? And that seems to be very different than what is being described here.

Yeah it's Zephyr and he's right on the money actually. Zephyr is all about being airborne and she gets a bonus for it, like Frost is all about.. well frost, maybe he should get a bonus for it.

Yeah it's Zephyr and he's right on the money actually. Zephyr is all about being airborne and she gets a bonus for it, like Frost is all about.. well frost, maybe he should get a bonus for it.

I see Zephyr's floatiness as a necessity to actually using the skills effectively, so you can fly farther, and have more control when using divebomb.

I think I'll do out a more comprehensive list when I have the time tomorrow, as currently there isn't alot of content there.  Also some frames lack something obvious as a passive (see Nova, Rhino and Valkyr etc.) Any ideas for those frames?

Rhino could simply benefit from innate % resistance to knock downs, and Valkyr from an innate melee damage buff... 

There are many choices.

The only one that gave me a real problem is Nova, since she is already very very powerful and doesn't need a passive. 

Also, giving "strong" passives to all warframes would force an improvement on Zephyr, as the low gravity thing is not really an advantage in every situation. She should get an innate "aviator" mod, giving her a damage reduction when she is mid air.

I'll look for my old thread and post it here, so you will be able to take the ideas you like !

Edit : Here it is : 

Ember 
Fire resistance : She should take 25% less damage when hit by fire attacks, and be immune to environmental fire hazard.

Frost 
Ice resistance : His shield should not be affected by cold hazard, and he should be 50% less slowed down when hit by an ice attack.

Volt 
Electricity resistance : He should take 25% less damage when hit by electric attacks., and 75% less damage by environmental electricity.

Saryn 
Poison resistance : She should take 25% less damage when hit by poison attacks (toxic ancients, + some bosses)

Nekros

Should be able to use his abilities when incapacitated, allowing "terrorize" for example, helping his teammates when they are reviving him.

Trinity 
Should be faster at reviving other Tenno, and should be able to revive herself if she uses "blessing" when incapacitated. This would only revive her and wouldn't give any invulnerability and heal to anyone. 

Rhino 
Innate heavy impact.

Zephyr 
Innate 25% damage reduction when airborne (the aviator mod becomes a multiplier on this warframe)

Excalibur 
Innate 25% melee damage buff.

Valkyr 
Innate 25% melee attack speed buff.

Vauban 
Innate enemy detection. (40 metters ?)

Banshee 
Innate silence on all weapons. (?)

Innate 25% crit chance buff on ranged weapons.

Loki 
Possibility to deal surprise ninja attack even when detected, if you manage to attack from the back of an enemy.
(?)

Ash

25% chances to stagger on melee hits OR 25% bonus damage on stealth attacks.

Mag 
Disruptions should not affect Mag's shields.

Nova 
(?) - the most relevant would be radiation resistance, but it would be absurd as no enemy deals this kind of damage (as I know)

Edited by DeadScream

Thank you very much. I was just wondering as my preference is to keep the frames signature as possible. Zephyr could maybe see a double jump that functions like a rapid direction change in the air. As currently she feels to me as if she lacks snappy mobility she sort of.. lumbers in the air to me.

Edited by Cliffjord1997

I'm only really kicking the idea around as it seems to me some frames are languishing abit as their roles are being better filled by news ones and giving them unique passives could reward you for say playing Frost over Rhino and an cold hazard came up. It's not stopping you playing Rhino but it means missions can be a bit more dynamic ''Our tank has had their shields gimped? Well thank God I brought Frost.''

Does anyone really see a flaw in this is my question of the day. Can anyone point out why this idea shouldn't be brought in before I continue this topic?