Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Idea] Prime Warframe Alternates.

Muldoon555

Hello, i'd just like to discuss what you'd think of possible alternates of primes? Prime warframes have a golden and dark colour scheme, majestic and made from Orokin technology, but, would you expect some warframes to be primes? Nekros, Valkyr, Vauban and a few others, they wouldn't fit the 'Prime' sort, if you ask me, as they feel and look more evil than good, as Nekros represents Death, Valkyr represents Rage, and Vauban just feels a bit too badass to be a prime.

What if there was an alternate to primes, called Derelicts? A derelict would be...

A prime that has picked up the technique of a long lost Tenno of planet earth, to be able to master and adapt to the technocyte virus, melding it within their own armour.

So they would have picked up a (relatively weaker) version of Hayden Tenno's adaptation to the Virus to alternate their warframes?

It's only a suggestion, but its open to anyone who wants to have a look at it, or comment on it.

Anything to stop the further primification of the game.  Anything.

On a serious note, they will probably just make another series of alternates (be them skins or standalone frames) for each existing and future warframe.  It costs a lot less development time and designer brainpower to come up with an alternate version of a warframe than creating a brand new one after all, and people seem to treat each new prime as a new warframe anyways, so why not?

I am pretty sure that every frame released from the start of the game up to Vauban is fair game to Prime for sure. Nova, Nekros and valkyr is hard to say. Since nova was designed and made by the tenno high council and lotus (lore wise) so by that logic their really isnt a original prime version of her. Valkyr was made the way she was due to Alad V experiments so she might not get a prime either. Not sure about nekros. Oberon, Zephyr and the new water frame could be considered primeable depending on how their lore is.

I honestly think framess should only be left to priming, and if they cant be primed due to lore then maybe a wraith, or vandel versions. But there should only be 1 variant of each frame imo. Example being Frost, since he already has a prime thats it. He can not have a wraith or vandel version aswell.

Original Valkyr (Valkyr Prime, since Primes are the original versions) was taken by Salad and Corpus experimented on her, stripping her from her external armour, putting the bonds, collar, etc.

Valyr Prime would need a different model, that's for sure. And probably Hysteria visuals should also be tweaked, but I can't see why shouldn't it work.

Original Valkyr (Valkyr Prime, since Primes are the original versions) was taken by Salad and Corpus experimented on her, stripping her from her external armour, putting the bonds, collar, etc.

Valyr Prime would need a different model, that's for sure. And probably Hysteria visuals should also be tweaked, but I can't see why shouldn't it work.

That isn't right I think at one point the devs said something like Valkyr being made of other warframe kinda like zanuka

From Codex:

Forged in the labs of the Zanuka project, the original Valkyr was subject to cruel experiments leaving her scarred, angry and frighteningly adept at killing.

Original Valkyr was a test subject, tortured, tormented and released by us.

Edited by Angius

Valkyr is definitely a likely possibility, seeing as she was most likely - if not definitely - a Tenno and therefore could potentially become a Prime frame.

If I had to guess at the next Prime Warframe, it would be Volt. Think about it - we have Frost Prime and Ember Prime, but no Volt Prime (nor, for that matter, a Saryn Prime although she's not exactly the most viable option). Plus, he'd both look more awesome and he'd be able to join the exclusive Prime-frame-only club.

Edited by Blackout751

• 3 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure our next prime is going to be female due to the trend that DE has been going at, also mentioned by Angius.

Primes go M-F-M-F pattern. We got Rhino now, so the next prime will be female. Saryn or Nyx, I think.

So at this point I'm hoping it's going to be Saryn, but i think Nyx and Banshee have a pretty good chance too(although Banshee needs a little love from DE).