Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Potential Problem With Melee 2.0

TheLargeOne

I kind of saw it on the recent dev. stream (AND WHO HASN'T?! :D), but there was something that the Bo showed me that kind of got me worried:

Damage during animations. 

Wouldn't weapons with longer animations be less desirable because you're spending more time swinging and taking bullet damage from other enemies?

If anything, you can't parry during the attack animations, so this just makes you a slightly moving duck.

Though it's balanced considering "you are melee," but this might be a problem if there isn't some consideration with this (maybe higher levels or for incoming players/early levels).

Just a thought.

Otherwise, I CAN'T WAIT :D

Minor suggestion: (decreased projectile damage while during melee attack animations?)

Lets just wait for it and then give feedback. Speculating about what could possibly happen doesnt bring us very far.

Also weapons with longer animations will probably be more rewarding in terms of damage and combo-potential.

Edited by Genoscythe

while i understand where your coming from, things like scaling length with damage could fix it, also that is only extremely important when your min-maxing. and you probably wouldnt notice anything till you get extremely far into a survival/defense.

-snip-

I can understand where you're coming from but you have to understand we haven't been assigned the update yet to give them concrete feedback on Melee 2.0

We all have to wait until it drops on Wednesday.

I'm actually writing down how 1.0's Parry system works in comparison to 2.0 But I'll only have one side until I can actually check the Parry 2.0 myself.

They're incorporating a lot of stagger mechanics into melee weapons across the board from what I can tell. Big weapons will hit more people, causing more stagger and decreasing the damage dealt from those enemies.

You'd be getting shot at by enemies you aren't hitting regardless of the weapon you chose.