Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Mod Idea - Cleave (Increased Target Count, Powerful)

Lactamid

Perhaps Melee 2.0 will render this useless, but we'll just have to see :)

This is on the topic that melee lacks a "multihit" mod.

This mods function is to increase the amount of targets each strike could hit. Now a normal 1-handed sword can only hit 1 enemy at a time, while orthos swipes may strike 1-5 targets. With cleave the number of targets you could hit at any given strike would be increased.

Don't know how it would work out technically but the mod would probably be something like a 3 lvls Rare mod.

Level 0: +1 Target. 10 Energy. (5 target weapons @ +6T, 3 target weapons @ 4T and 1 target weapons @ 2T)

Level 1: +2 Targets. 11 Energy. (5 target weapons @ +7T, 3 target weapons @ 5T and 1 target weapons @ 3T)

Level 2: +3 Targets. 12 Energy. (5 target weapons @ +8T, 3 target weapons @ 6T and 1 target weapons @ 3T)

Level 3: +4 Targets. 13 Energy. (5 target weapons @ +9T, 3 target weapons @ 7T and 1 target weapons @ 4T)

Or %.

Level 0: +20% Targets. 10 Energy. (5 target weapons @ +1, 3 and 1 target weapons @ 0)

Level 1: +40% Targets. 11 Energy. (5 target weapons @ +2, 3 target weapons @ +1 and 1 target weapons @ 0)

Level 2: +60% Targets. 12 Energy. (5 target weapons @ +3, 3 target weapons @ +2 and 1 target weapons @ 1)

Level 3: +80% Targets. 13 Energy. (5 target weapons @ +4, 3 target weapons @ +2 and 1 target weapons @ 1)

Or % chance to hit additional targets.

Level 0: +20% chance to hit additional targets. 10 Energy.

Level 1: +40% chance to hit additional targets. 11 Energy.

Level 2: +60% chance to hit additional targets. 12 Energy.

Level 3: +80% chance to hit additional targets. 13 Energy.

This would scale in that you would have a chance to hit 80% chance to hit enemy +1, then followed by 80% chance to hit enemy +2 aso. You could potentially hit a huge number of enemies, but it wouldn't be guaranteed.

I don't know if the math behind this is solid but I think that it would have stats like this:

@ max level (3) 80% = 0.8

Bonus enemy #1: 1*0.8 = 0.8 (80%)

Bonus enemy #2: (1*0.8) * 0.8 = 0.64 (64%)

Bonus enemy #3: ((1*0.8) * 0.8) * 0.8 = 0.512 (51.2%)

- simplifying math -

Bonus enemy #4: 0.512 * 0.8 = 0.4096 (40.96%)

Bonus enemy #5: 0.4096 * 0.8 = 0.32768 (32.768%)

*Bonus enemy #10: ~10.7%

*Bonus enemy #15: ~3.5%

Maybe additional targets suffer only a % of the normal damage? *Corrupted mod style.

Also note that your melee weapon would have to be within reach to actually hit the enemies.

Edited by Lactamid

I love this idea. I would absolutely love to hit more enemies as I perform the death of death with my melee weapon!

Im probably the only one who uses parry and those other mods (I can see why) that I know of but I noticed that im lacking the large multi hit function outside of my orthos prime.

It would be imo a great addition

I love this idea. I would absolutely love to hit more enemies as I perform the death of death with my melee weapon!

Im probably the only one who uses parry and those other mods (I can see why) that I know of but I noticed that im lacking the large multi hit function outside of my orthos prime.

It would be imo a great addition

Nothing is quite as satisfying as slicing through a wall of meat and creating a crimson typhoon of gory bits and pieces ;) Multihits ftw!

There's nothing like swinging Kitty the Jat Kittag and watching your enemies face disappear.

Does Jat Kittag even have a limit to the amount of enemies it can hit? I guess if there's so many that they're outside the circular radius of charge attacks, but that's beside the point.

THE POINT IS that having more hits than usual sounds awesome, because sometimes the Infested are just too boring to hit one at a time. Explodifying them all in one hit is pretty satisfying and doing that will all the other weapons sounds nice.

I actually really like this.

Glad to hear that, give it a +1 maybe if you like it enough :P

There's nothing like swinging Kitty the Jat Kittag and watching your enemies face disappear.

Does Jat Kittag even have a limit to the amount of enemies it can hit? I guess if there's so many that they're outside the circular radius of charge attacks, but that's beside the point.

THE POINT IS that having more hits than usual sounds awesome, because sometimes the Infested are just too boring to hit one at a time. Explodifying them all in one hit is pretty satisfying and doing that will all the other weapons sounds nice.

Jat Kittag is a beast, reaallyy liked that weapon. Slamming the ground was so much more fun with that baby. And spinning too ;P

Having some extra hits should be beneficial, especially vs infested swarming you.