Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Castanas Stick To Sentinels

mrecentric

I was aiming slightly upwards while walking. I came to a stop abruptly right as I was firing. The Sentinel hovered right over where I was aiming and the Castana I threw became stuck to my sentinel. The only thing I could do was trigger the Castana and take damage :(

Sentinels inconsistently jump into the path of your Castanas.  It is not intended behavior for players to have to hurt themselves or just not use the weapon for the rest of the mission every time this haphazardly happens. There is no good way to avoid it besides avoiding swinging your camera too fast, which is stupid in a fast-paced shooter.

Edited by RealPandemonium

Sentinels inconsistently jump into the path of your Castanas.  It is not intended behavior for players to have to hurt themselves or just not use the weapon for the rest of the mission every time this haphazardly happens. There is no good way to avoid it besides avoiding swinging your camera too fast, which is stupid in a fast-paced shooter.

Mine's consistently 180 degrees behind me. I only hit it if for some strange reason im shooting up, or rapidly swing and fire into that blob blocking my reticule.

Options, fire when reticule is clear?

Mine's consistently 180 degrees behind me. I only hit it if for some strange reason im shooting up, or rapidly swing and fire into that blob blocking my reticule.

Options, fire when reticule is clear?

And in the edge cases when you are swinging the reticule that way it should not happen.  No one is arguing that they shouldn't stick to things, but sticking to one's own sentinel (which is hard to hit with something even if you try to) is clearly an unintended consequence.  Go argue about things that actually matter.  

sticking to one's own sentinel (which is hard to hit with something even if you try to) is clearly an unintended consequence.  Go argue about things that actually matter.  

We've been sticking things to our sentinel since Vauban's release. Even if it was unintended, it's now part of the game.