The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Don't Want This Melee 2.0 Update.

(PSN)PD_33

I think their are 2 aura mods for each weapon type. these are stances. WHen they are leveled, new combos open up?

Out of topic,

When you level up a melee weapon with a stance,

it will unlocked a new combo as I lvl it up, yes?

This is what they said a while ago, now I don't know if you just rank it up through fusion or if you level it up through use (looks more likely judging from the stream), but things could have changed since it seems a lot of this has been kinda last minute.

What I gather from this thread:

Warframes only have 4 lives and they only have 4 lives.

Melee will be too complicated, holding E is easier and better and warframes only have 4 lives

The game will have less gore and be PG-13 (converted into a movie) and won't even make a dvd release cause it will be bad but only have 4 lives

Trolling the entire time but remember that warframes only have 4 lives.

I've basically gained nothing.

This deserves so many upvotes.

I think their are 2 aura mods for each weapon type. these are stances. WHen they are leveled, new combos open up?

i think so, but i saw in the dev stream that some of them werent leveled up and you had all the moves. maybe increasing them gives bonus damage when doing the combo?

My replies are in bold text

The game is hard as is without having to waste extra time in a mission trying to melee each enemy with hundreds of enemies in a mission. That would take twice as long to complete missions.

Actually there are only 10~20 enemies per instance.

I want to keep my Orthos Prime and my Galatine for charge attacks. DE plans to remove charge attacks from the game.

I almost stopped reading your post. Still... I would stop since right when I saw "Galatine", "charged attack" and "remove in one instance, just no. Halting Melee 2.0 just for this reason is just plain selfishly stupid. Yes... it is stupid.

When you are in a room, and you are running low on health, and you have 5 enemies shooting you, will you pull out your sword and begin to melee one of the enemies. Or will you simply pull out your Soma and mow them down in 5 seconds.

Options on combat... Melee or shoot or press an ability, no one will going to stop you. Depends on how you assess the situation. I'm sure we are not that pretty stupid to outright melee combat 5 Fusion MOAs surrounding me.

Say goodbye to your 400k Galantine Charge + Invisibility and whatever else that boosts damage.

Edited by faustias

I understand many people are excited about Melee 2.0, but hear me out.

Players should have some say on this game changing idea.

Don't simply ask for change, for the sake of change. You may be unhappy with the resulting changes. I personally don't want this melee update.

We only have four lives per day, so I like to spend my lives wisely, and my time playing Warframe doing as many missions as I can quickly before I have to go to bed so I can get ready for real life. I do not want to spend my time in Warframe doing combos and/or trying to see how long I can make my combo. I want to cut my enemy in half and move on to the next one.

The game is hard as is without having to waste extra time in a mission trying to melee each enemy with hundreds of enemies in a mission. That would take twice as long to complete missions.

I want to keep my Orthos Prime and my Galatine for charge attacks. DE plans to remove charge attacks from the game.

When you are in a room, and you are running low on health, and you have 5 enemies shooting you, will you pull out your sword and begin to melee one of the enemies. Or will you simply pull out your Soma and mow them down in 5 seconds.

I can understand using this in defense, but for Survival mission it would waste too much time. We only have 4 Lives. Four Lives DE. Let us use them wisely, and let us use our time wisely. We don't want 20-30 hit combos. That is time wasting. I can headshot an enemy right now, why would I want to do a combo on it, when I have other enemies shooting me?

Please tell us why you are changing melee?

1. Players did have a say in these game changing idea & as Letter13 mentioned majority of players want it. Majority of Players.

DE won't change their mind just because one guy say "oh, no, I don't want it"

2. We have 4 revives/day PER Warframe. Go ahead & check.

3. We DO NOT have to melee. It is not complusory. Don't like melee? Shoot.

4. Charge attacks gone, how about reserving judgement until we know what happen with those weapons & whether melee channeling can dish out more damage than charge attacks? For all we know, those weapon may be able to dish out more dmg than ever.

5. They're changing melee coz as it is the only viable melee weapons are very limited & melee doesn't work endgame where you pretty much die in few shots. They're trying to strengthen melee as a whole.

6. Decapitations & gore. They are not removing it. & as I know, there are execution moves now when channeling is active.

Now as I said in 3. If you don't want to melee, then don't. Shoot em up. It is not compulsory, they do not change range weapon dmg, nor do they force you to get close to your enemy. They're buffing melee & that's it.

Why pass judgement until the update comes out? That is hilariously stupid in all honestly.

because.

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽PANIC༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

The OP needs to stop being selfish,

First of all as every else said the change won't make you use melee so keep using your soma.

Second its not out yet you have no clue how its going to be.

Third the melee is being buffed not nerfed and the devs are taking your precious charge attack away to make room for exciting gameplay.

Fourth you are one person what you want ain't changing anything, besides if anyone was gunna recommend change it would be a veteran player.

And fifth if you wanna use over powered guns and one button one hit kill melee go play call of duty.

Have fun using your bland charge attack for the last few hours you will have it.

:)

yes but that was an easy mission. What is going to happen on level 50+ Defense. When you spend 10 seconds at the back of the room dancing with 1 enemy, the other one kills the cryopod. This update will lead to a lot of frustrations, and a lot failed missions.

i think only in unskilled hands XD

You joined in february 2014, which leads to missing out on alot of discussions in the forums about. Letter13 provided a few but that is just the tip of the iceberg. Don't look only at the first page (and say you read it daily) but dig a bit deeper, then you will realise many players want the change and if you don't well too bad ;), the decision has been made and too much work put into the project for it to be scrapped couse some woke up to a fact and say they don't want it. The only time i can use up all my 4 revives in a single day is doing nightmare only where fails do happen. So something is wrong here

i think only in unskilled hands XD

You joined in february 2014, which leads to missing out on alot of discussions in the forums about. Letter13 provided a few but that is just the tip of the iceberg. Don't look only at the first page (and say you read it daily) but dig a bit deeper, then you will realise many players want the change and if you don't well too bad ;), the decision has been made and too much work put into the project for it to be scrapped couse some woke up to a fact and say they don't want it. The only time i can use up all my 4 revives in a single day is doing nightmare only where fails do happen. So something is wrong here

I've been here since alpha, but only recently registered an account on the forums. That's a rash assumption going off of the forum join date.

I've been here since alpha, but only recently registered an account on the forums. That's a rash assumption going off of the forum join date.

I thought the account automatically registers on the forum as well.. 

I don't remember ever registering on the forum...

I smell b8.

Anyway, why are we ignoring that you'll still be able to use melee the same exact way?

You still can hit/hold 'E' just like normal.

or

IF YOU WANT, you can equip your prized melee weapon, brandishing it in it's singular glory; unleashing a torrent of ultimate &#!-kickery upon the solar system, laying waste to cyborg clones and tech fetishists.

Almost everyone wants the latter.

In fact, why do you want Warframe to continue being mundane? Because it is. We all know it, "Endgame" is boring, melee is definitely lacking, and there's just not enough badassery in the galaxy.

UNTIL NOW

Edited by Cepmosod

Nope it didn't register for me, I can proudly say that I've been a forum lurker for a year lol

Edited by TheGuyverOne

yea i was thinking that myself, never registered to the forums..was automatic when i registered my account.

I smell b8.

Anyway, why are we ignoring that you'll still be able to use melee the same exact way? You still can hit/hold 'E' just like normal.

IF YOU WANT, you can equip and unleash a torrent of ultimate &#!-kickery upon the solar system, laying waste to cyborg clones and tech fetishists.

No, they are actually removing charge attacks.. except for glaives..

Nope it didn't register for me, I can proudly say that I've been a forum lurker for a year l

That's weird.. are you a PS4 player?