Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Don't Want This Melee 2.0 Update.

(PSN)PD_33

I understand many people are excited about Melee 2.0, but hear me out.

Players should have some say on this game changing idea.

Don't simply ask for change, for the sake of change. You may be unhappy with the resulting changes. I personally don't want this melee update.

We only have four lives per day, so I like to spend my lives wisely, and my time playing Warframe doing as many missions as I can quickly before I have to go to bed so I can get ready for real life. I do not want to spend my time in Warframe doing combos and/or trying to see how long I can make my combo. I want to cut my enemy in half and move on to the next one.

The game is hard as is without having to waste extra time in a mission trying to melee each enemy with hundreds of enemies in a mission. That would take twice as long to complete missions.

I want to keep my Orthos Prime and my Galatine for charge attacks. DE plans to remove charge attacks from the game.

When you are in a room, and you are running low on health, and you have 5 enemies shooting you, will you pull out your sword and begin to melee one of the enemies. Or will you simply pull out your Soma and mow them down in 5 seconds.

I can understand using this in defense, but for Survival mission it would waste too much time. We only have 4 Lives. Four Lives DE. Let us use them wisely, and let us use our time wisely. We don't want 20-30 hit combos. That is time wasting. I can headshot an enemy right now, why would I want to do a combo on it, when I have other enemies shooting me?

Please tell us why you are changing melee?

Edited by (PS4)PD_33

I don't want a update gap between PC and PS4.

haha me either. But do you like currently being able to cut an enemy in half with charge attack or you wanna waste 5 seconds per each enemy trying to kill them? I prefer option A.

I mean maybe PC players have a lot of time to spend doing each mission, but I don't. I have a limited time for gaming, as I have a family and work.  Imagine how long it would take to complete a mission when you are doing 150 -500 enemies, at level 50+ , and you have to melee them all with Combos. I want to cut enemy cleanly in half and move on with my Orthos Prime. GG.

And where is the gore, when you hitting the enemies over and over with a sword. What happened to all the gore?

And why remove the charge builds, if they are fun and successful currently. This is bad design.

Edited by (PS4)PD_33

Melee 2.0 is something that the majority of the player base has wanted for a long time. Melee, as it is, is very lackluster and leaves a lot to be desired, especially with players who want a much more involved experience when it comes to close quarters combat.

When you are in a room, and you are running low on health, and you have 5 enemies shooting you, will you pull out your sword and begin to melee one of the enemies. Or will you simply pull out your Soma and mow them down in 5 seconds.

Because Melee 2.0 will make melee weapons that much more viable, not only that but it unlocks many more builds for frames... such as damage blocking/reflecting builds, stamina/speed builds to close the gab and slice through enemies at high speed, et cetera.

Don't simply ask for change, for the sake of change. You may be unhappy with the resulting changes. I personally don't want this melee update.

We did have some say. We, the players, were the ones who pressured DE into revising the entire melee system. We also didn't "simply ask for change" either. We voiced our desires, our wants and our thoughts on what we thought Melee 2.0 should be. DE listened to us and because of it they went back to the drawing board multiple times to make sure Melee 2.0 would be something the players would really enjoy.

I want to keep my Orthos Prime and my Galatine for charge attacks.

I think you're just upset because you won't be able to just "hold E to decapitate" an enemy.  You'll probably still be able to decapitate enemies. You're probably be able to do so faster and more efficiently. You should probably try a thing before you say it's bad.

We only have four lives per day, so I like to spend my lives wisely, and my time playing Warframe doing as many missions as I can quickly before I have to go to bed so I can get ready for real life. I do not want to spend my time in Warframe doing combos and/or trying to see how long I can make my combo. I want to cut my enemy in half and move on to the next one.

The game is hard as is without having to waste extra time in a mission trying to melee each enemy with hundreds of enemies in a mission. That would take twice as long to complete missions.

Again, in Melee 2.0 you'll be able to cut your enemies in half just as well... but you'll be able to do so fabulously. Now, Melee isn't just a "Hold E to win" game. Not to mention when you have your melee weapon equipped you can block incoming damage and that certain melee stances unlock various moves (and possibly buffs, but I'm not 100% certain if stats get buffed when in melee).

I can understand using this in defense, but for Survival mission it would waste too much time. We only have 4 Lives. Four Lives DE. Let us use them wisely, and let us use our time wisely. We don't want 20-30 hit combos. That is time wasting. I can headshot an enemy right now, why would I want to do a combo on it, when I have other enemies shooting me?

Again, with the right Warframe build to promote melee efficacy, I imagine you'll be darting between enemies with your melee weapon like Ash does with Bladestorm. Not to mention you will be able to reflect damage back at enemies while you're moving from enemy to enemy, assuming you know how to block. Not to mention it's more fun to perform stylish melee combos and become a chainsaw tiger death tornado rather than just stand still point and brrrrrrp at some enemies. 

tl;dr - Because we, the players, asked for it.

I didn't ask for it. but thanks for your detailed response And I read the forums daily. I don't see anyone asking for it.  I see people complaining about bugs, rewards, connection issues, warframes, level variety and about game modes to name a few. It just looks to me like a change for the sake of change imho.

This melee change will not fix the game, but possibly add a lot of extra time to missions, and will cause a lot player deaths. Keep in mind the game right now you only have 4 lives, and even experienced players die a lot.

Now they will take away Charge builds?

I can see this helping stealth gameplay possibly, but my Sweeper will simply shoot the enemy before I get close, and I don't want to change my current build. I like the game as it is now.

Edited by (PS4)PD_33

I didn't ask for it. but thanks for your detailed respons.e And I read the forums daily. I don't see anyone asking for it. It just looks to me like a change for the sake of change imho.

I don't see many plankton in my day to day life, and am not one myself. That doesn't mean they don't exist.

Players have been asking for a better melee system for a while now, you may not have seen them, but they do exist.

I didn't ask for it. but thanks for your detailed response And I read the forums daily. I don't see anyone asking for it.  I see people complaining about bugs, rewards, connection issues, warframes, level variety and about game modes to name a few. It just looks to me like a change for the sake of change imho.

This melee change will not fix the game, but possibly add a lot of extra time to missions, and will cause a lot player deaths. Keep in mind the game right now you only have 4 lives, and even experienced players die a lot.

Looks like you don't read the megathreads.

This must be a really, really bad joke. Really? you know, you have 4 lifes for every warframe, and... You really die that many, many times? LOL... The game dont will stop updating because of you.

Edited by Akuarius

u keep mentioning 4 revives per day, as if u used all of them everyday? then that's something wrong on ur end, because i barely use them. and if anything melee 2.0 is making melee more useful than before. charged attack might be gone, but that doesnt mean the idea of slow but heavy attack is gone. 

all i see here is the fear for change.

Actually, if you wanted to dig the forum's history, many have spoken to revise the melee system since long time ago. Maybe waaaay long before Warframe went live on PS4

Why? Because at the current standing point, melee is just something you have to carry.

Melee-ing enemies are not worth the risk (take a look at heavy units and ancients).

Better just stick to the guns.

The new melee system allow players to actually has reason to use melee. And make us something more 'ninja'

I've heard that the old system actually are still there, and it's interchange-able. So if you wanted to stick to your Orthos Prime/He-Man sword, go ahead. But you'll miss half the fun others might have when the patch hit PS4.

Edited by Lorche

I don't see anyone asking for it.

First and foremost: Melee 2.0 Megathread.

And then the threads which really give a good sense of why people are disappointed with the current Melee system:

Why Do We Even Bother With Melee Weapons (Key Word: Redundant)

Primary Melee Idea (Key Phrase: Equipping as Primary)

Why Is Melee So Useless (Key Word: Dodging)

This is the results of a very quick search for "Melee" through the forums and forum archives.

I understand many people are excited about Melee 2.0, but hear me out.

I want to keep my Orthos Prime and my Galatine for charge attacks. DE plans to remove charge attacks from the game.

as i heard it charge attack wont be removed :o likei heard on the forums.

about that 5 enemies shooting me on low HP well i got a perfect frame what can handle it well > Valkyr < or > Nova <3 <

^Taking down enemies with melee will be with ease with the right frame ofc :3

and you saying ''we dont want 20-30 combo's'' ??? well YOU dont want it :P i really much would love to go on a combo breaking mission wasting time or not i want to melee again.

I dont consider this an upgrade to melee, more like downgrade or a sidegrade. What if I don't want to wait 10 seconds to kill an enemy? Did the developers think of that. My weapons are so strong right now, I can 1 shot pretty much anything to wave 50.

Why should I waste my time with this melee 2.0? There is no good reason. If I want to do combos, Ill play Killer Instinct. Yes having four lives is a problem, even for experienced players. Once you spend 10 seconds killing one enemy another one will spawn, having to do the same exact thing again. How do you consider it an upgrade when it will take longer to kill enemies.

And yes Charge attacks will be removed, DE has said it will be removed.

When you try to melee  at high levels, it will become a problem with game balancing. You will either die a lot or it will become extremely easy. And 10-20 hit combos means that decapitations are removed.

Edited by (PS4)PD_33

I dont consider this an upgrade to melee, more like downgrade or a sidegrade. What if I don't want to wait 10 seconds to kill an enemy? Did the developers think of that. My weapons are so strong right now, I can 1 shot pretty much anything to wave 50. Why should I waste my time with this melee 2.0?

Try reading links Letter13 provided

First and foremost: Melee 2.0 Megathread.

And then the threads which really give a good sense of why people are disappointed with the current Melee system:

Why Do We Even Bother With Melee Weapons (Key Word: Redundant)

Primary Melee Idea (Key Phrase: Equipping as Primary)

Why Is Melee So Useless (Key Word: Dodging)

This is the results of a very quick search for "Melee" through the forums and forum archives.

I dont consider this an upgrade to melee, more like downgrade or a sidegrade. What if I don't want to wait 10 seconds to kill an enemy? Did the developers think of that. My weapons are so strong right now, I can 1 shot pretty much anything to wave 50. Why should I waste my time with this melee 2.0?

This is something people have been wanting for a VERY long time, dig deeper and farther back into the forums. I wouldn't expect a PS4 player to understand, no offense. 

Melee 2.0 is something that the majority of the player base has wanted for a long time. Melee, as it is, is very lackluster and leaves a lot to be desired, especially with players who want a much more involved experience when it comes to close quarters combat.

Because Melee 2.0 will make melee weapons that much more viable, not only that but it unlocks many more builds for frames... such as damage blocking/reflecting builds, stamina/speed builds to close the gab and slice through enemies at high speed, et cetera.

We did have some say. We, the players, were the ones who pressured DE into revising the entire melee system. We also didn't "simply ask for change" either. We voiced our desires, our wants and our thoughts on what we thought Melee 2.0 should be. DE listened to us and because of it they went back to the drawing board multiple times to make sure Melee 2.0 would be something the players would really enjoy.

I think you're just upset because you won't be able to just "hold E to decapitate" an enemy.  You'll probably still be able to decapitate enemies. You're probably be able to do so faster and more efficiently. You should probably try a thing before you say it's bad.

Again, in Melee 2.0 you'll be able to cut your enemies in half just as well... but you'll be able to do so fabulously. Now, Melee isn't just a "Hold E to win" game. Not to mention when you have your melee weapon equipped you can block incoming damage and that certain melee stances unlock various moves (and possibly buffs, but I'm not 100% certain if stats get buffed when in melee).

Again, with the right Warframe build to promote melee efficacy, I imagine you'll be darting between enemies with your melee weapon like Ash does with Bladestorm. Not to mention you will be able to reflect damage back at enemies while you're moving from enemy to enemy, assuming you know how to block. Not to mention it's more fun to perform stylish melee combos and become a chainsaw tiger death tornado rather than just stand still point and brrrrrrp at some enemies. 

tl;dr - Because we, the players, asked for it.

Agreed! Personally, i can't wait for Melee 2.0!

What if I don't want to wait 10 seconds to kill an enemy?

No one is forcing you to use the entire combo. Use part of the combo, or just use one or two channeled melee attacks (Channeled attacks are what's replacing charge attacks; however it requires you to activate channeling before attacking and then deactivating it afterwards to prevent too much energy bleed). I don't think you watched Devstream 26 very closely (if at all). If you had, you would have noticed that enemies were dying before Scott could properly engage the combos.

Not only that, but when he wasn't actively attacking enemies, he was mitigating and reflecting damage back by blocking, which means you're hardly a vulnerable little cream puff waiting to be gnashed by Grineer teeth.

No one is forcing you to use the entire combo. Use part of the combo, or just use one or two channeled melee attacks. I don't think you watched Devstream 26 very closely (if at all). If you had, you would have noticed that enemies were dying before Scott could properly engage the combos.

Not only that, but when he wasn't actively attacking enemies, he was mitigating and reflecting damage back by blocking, which means you're hardly a vulnerable little cream puff waiting to be gnashed by Grineer teeth.

yes but that was an easy mission. What is going to happen on level 50+ Defense. When you spend 10 seconds at the back of the room dancing with 1 enemy, the other one kills the cryopod. This update will lead to a lot of frustrations, and a lot failed missions.

You are possibly the second person I've seen in the year I've played warframe that doesn't want a melee change, the majority of people are hype for this.

I have seen countless threads that wanted what melee 2.0 is exactly, so you're alone on that you and maybe that one other guy that half wanted it and half didn't.They never said they'd remove charge attacks or anything from the old melee system, you can still use the old system while everyone prances about with their swords in a fabulous manor like a murderous Brittney Spears whose done too many lines of coke.

And if I'm surrounded with low health I'll rely on the friends I'm playing with or my powers maybe even some of said powers that actually will work better with melee 2.0

So I think you're about as alone on this as Tom Hanks was in cast away and that other guy who kind of wanted/kind of didn't want it is that volley ball with the face on it.

Looks like you don't read the megathreads.

It looks like he didnt read anything at all!

He just upset his charge builds will be "useless"

Edit: read his post again, it all comes down to his Galatine/Orthos Charge Build

Edited by Kao-Snake

I dont consider this an upgrade to melee, more like downgrade or a sidegrade. What if I don't want to wait 10 seconds to kill an enemy? Did the developers think of that. My weapons are so strong right now, I can 1 shot pretty much anything to wave 50.

Why should I waste my time with this melee 2.0? There is no good reason. If I want to do combos, Ill play Killer Instinct. Yes having four lives is a problem, even for experienced players. Once you spend 10 seconds killing one enemy another one will spawn, having to do the same exact thing again. How do you consider it an upgrade when it will take longer to kill enemies.

And yes Charge attacks will be removed, DE has said it will be removed.

When you try to melee  at high levels, it will become a problem with game balancing. You will either die a lot or it will become extremely easy. And 10-20 hit combos means that decapitations are removed.

simple solution, keep playing the way you have been. quick melee is not leaving. its been stated. you can still run and gun and quick melee the living day lights outa peeps. and guess what! you never have to pull your melee weapon out...oh wait...

I WANT THIS TO HAPPEN! you can see many people in this thread right now WANT IT TO HAPPEN. im so sorry you dont want it. but game isnt ganna stop because you dont like a system.

melee 2.0 is going to happen, nothing short of the apocalypse is ganna stop it from coming this week. (note im blowing this way outa proportion)

im really trying my hardest to prevent my self from being as rude as i possibly can, but seriously, if you dont want it, dont use it! im sorry. 

yes but that was an easy mission. What is going to happen on level 50+ Defense. When you spend 10 seconds at the back of the room dancing with 1 enemy, the other one kills the cryopod. This update will lead to a lot of frustrations, and a lot failed missions.

Um, you know that even if the name of the update is "The Sword Alone", you are not forced to use melee only after this update, right?

You still have your guns.

Edited by Lorche