The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Psa- Nvidia Owners "great Improvement"

Mythblaze

Is anyone experiencing any improvements on 600 series cards? Ive really only read of its improvements to the 700 series, and that would explain alot, seeing as how my performance gain, so far in this game is very little. 

I have a GTX 660 Ti I can test these drivers on. I'll get back to you after I test.

@ Op what card are you currently using?

And do you mean you got more fps?

by how much?

whats with all the questions?

Going to dl this and see if i get any improvements

its pimrarly the GTX680 and above , anything bellow i dont think il see anything as much as an improvement

its pimrarly the GTX680 and above , anything bellow i dont think il see anything as much as an improvement

It affects any cards that use DX11.(400 series and above if i am correct)

So any of those cards should see a good amount of performance increase.

Not sure about relative performance gains but i feel as though on average it should be the same throughout all cards. 

Of course you still have to consider the whole rigs setup not just the card.

A friend of mine hasn't seen a noticeable performance while the rest of my friends have noticed a considerable gain on their 400-600 series cards.

Edited by Kroul

I'm using a GTX 780. In the void prior to using the 337.50 driver, my low FPS in the Void was in the 50's, now the FPS has not gone under 100. In normal missions my FPS is sitting around 250-350 now. 

What CPU are you using.

These drivers lower DX11 overhead, the result usually being that if you were CPU limited before, you will be less CPU limited now. However, if you were GPU limited before, not much will change.

Warframe tends to be the former, but that would depend on your settings and system.

QUESTION: When was tesselation added to Warframe?

Not sure, but it's part of DX11, so with the addition of DX11 support, tessellation was probably inevitable.

What CPU are you using.

These drivers lower DX11 overhead, the result usually being that if you were CPU limited before, you will be less CPU limited now. However, if you were GPU limited before, not much will change.

Warframe tends to be the former, but that would depend on your settings and system.

Not sure, but it's part of DX11, so with the addition of DX11 support, tessellation was probably inevitable.

Using a i7 2700k @ 4.6 Ghz

Im wondering if reinstalling direct x would help... probably not but couldnt hurt..... Im just really confused as to how in multiplayer i still notice a huge performance hit

I noticed this before with the older drivers, however it is a greater margin with the 337.50 driver. 

I got the drivers and there was no change at all on my 640. I always seem to get the low end of optimizations, so many people report a 20+ FPS boost and the most I ever get from these are 5 if I'm lucky.

My rig isn't even that bad... 

Edited by theharddrinkingapplejack

I got the drivers and there was no change at all on my 640. I always seem to get the low end of optimizations, so many people report a 20+ FPS boost and the most I ever get from these are 5 if I'm lucky.

My rig isn't even that bad... 

You should know what you are buying before you make the purchase. 

Here is a good comparison for you.

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-660-vs-GeForce-GT-640

Just did a couple of runs to benchmark the FPS change and this is what I got.

System: i7 4770k@stock; GTX 770 4gb; 8gb RAM; Win 7 64 bits.

Game runs at 1080p and all the video settings are maxed out (FOV is maxed, Physx is On).

All the runs were made solo.

WHQL Drivers: 335.23
Grineer Galleon Tileset; Sargas Ruk boss
Solo: Avg: 115.169 - Min: 63 - Max: 235

Gas City Tileset; Alad V boss
Solo: Avg: 109.105 - Min: 56 - Max: 167

Earth Forest Tileset (NIGHT); Capture; Pacific Node
Solo: Avg: 107.436 - Min: 60 - Max: 196

Void capture
Solo: Avg: 104.088 - Min: 59 - Max: 159

BETA Drivers: 337.50
Grineer Galleon Tileset; Sargas Ruk boss
Solo: Avg: 121.612 - Min: 65 - Max: 254

Gas City Tileset; Alad V boss
Solo: Avg: 142.119 - Min: 67 - Max: 234

Earth Forest Tileset (NIGHT); Capture; Pacific Node
Solo: Avg: 128.701 - Min: 73 - Max: 205

Void capture:
Solo: Avg: 120.715 - Min: 77 - Max: 191

A pretty decent bump in frames...
Edited by Kraizer

You should know what you are buying before you make the purchase.

Here is a good comparison for you.

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-660-vs-GeForce-GT-640

I knew exactly what I was getting. it runs warframe well enough because my limit is 20 FPS so what the game normally runs at in extreme conditions is fine and I can run everything else at 30+ fps. Warframe is the only game I've had any problem with and even then I can still get 50+ fps but only when I'm not hosting and the lobby isn't full.

In my opinion, the extra cost isn't worth the performance or fancy textures. Partly because I have low standards and mainly because I'm a pretty stingy person.

Edited by theharddrinkingapplejack

QUESTION: When was tesselation added to Warframe?

With the Orokin Derelicts, I believe. It was the resulting performance issues after they were added that prompted them to include a toggle for tessellation in the options.

This driver has significant changes to the cuda subsystems.  My cuda cores are showing as active when they have not in the past (and I'm pretty sure warframe didn't code shaders specifically for cuda).  

Also, significantly less data is being rendered at vblank (I'm v-synced).  I sense an improvement in the internal culling functions along with the integration of some of the more general features of G-sync.  My card is not showing spikes of usage at a 60hz interval but instead I see a solid ~20% usage.  

You all should watch your thermals because of this driver update but it really is worth trying the beta.  GeForce Experience will auto update you to the stable when it comes out.

Some multiplayer tests I did. (Benchmarks for solo runs are on the 2nd page, response #38)

System: i7 4770k@stock; GTX 770 4 gb; 8gb RAM; Win 7 64 bits.

Settings maxed (FOV max and Physx on) at 1080p.

Full party in every test.

BETA drivers:
Void Capture
1st: Avg: 57.047 - Min: 40 - Max: 69 (Hosting?)
2nd: Avg: 77.437 - Min: 53 - Max: 128 (Not Hosting?)

WHQL drivers:
Void Capture
1st: Avg: 50.334 - Min: 41 - Max: 66 (Not Hosting?)
2nd: Avg: 42.678 - Min: 29 - Max: 53 (Hosting?)

These drivers (at least for me) give a nice increase in performance on solo play as well as on Multiplayer.
Edited by Kraizer

Some multiplayer tests I did. (Benchmarks for solo runs are on the 2nd page, response #38)

System: i7 4770k@stock; GTX 770 4 gb; 8gb RAM; Win 7 64 bits.

Settings maxed (FOV max and Physx on) at 1080p.

Full party in every test.

BETA drivers:
Void Capture
1st: Avg: 57.047 - Min: 40 - Max: 69 (Hosting?)
2nd: Avg: 77.437 - Min: 53 - Max: 128 (Not Hosting?)

WHQL drivers:
Void Capture
1st: Avg: 50.334 - Min: 41 - Max: 66 (Not Hosting?)
2nd: Avg: 42.678 - Min: 29 - Max: 53 (Hosting?)

These drivers (at least for me) give a nice increase in performance on solo play as well as on Multiplayer.

Are you sure that you had overall better performance when you where not hosting? I tested with a few clan members, we all shown to take a significant performance hit when we where not the host. I used the beta drivers while the others used the WHQL. It is impromptu testing but it works. 

Edited by Mythblaze

The performance for 337 was similar to the 335's, which did improve frame rates for my Geforce 330M GT, except the 335 introduced 5 second freezes, thankfully these do not have the freeze problem for me.

Just played a solo game on Alad V, fps dropped from 150+ to 50 many times ON SOLO! I have no idea what is going on with this game.. I have an OC'd 670, a i5 3450, 8gb ddr3 1600mhz ram and yet this game still lags for me, when gpu usage is sitting at 30-50%.

The driver seems to have done nothing now.. Lets hope this U13 will bring with it HUGE performance fixes..

Ive just had about enough of this game.