Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blank, The Mimic Warframe

Vengola

Blank/Mimic is a faceless infiltrator warframe that stalks enemies and steals their appearance.

Concept comes from shape altering and lllusion powers used by Tzimisce and Nosferatu from Vampire the masquerade rpg setting as well as several competitive team shooters. 

Team Fortress 2 has a spy that can take on appearance of enemy player.

Quake Wars has a Stroggos unit that stabs a marine with some sort of syringe and turns into him.

Loadout, game similar to TF2 has a buyable Disguise ability with same effect.

There are two visual themes I have in mind for this guy. One would a faceless, coat wearing Tenno high tech operative and other more fun, the infested spiderlike stalker similar in body design to Saryn, Ash and Nekros.

Power concepts:

I will start with two not very likely powers as other frames have them but they are part of concept and get a mention

1. Tentacle grab - sadly this is similar to Valkyr Rip Line but I must mention it

2. Discard flesh  - Mimic disards his previous form, leaving behind a decoy that buys him time to escape, yep Saryn's molt but damn does it fit

3. Shock/toxic sting, harvest - ability one, a melee attack that paralyzes target for easier dna harvest, it could take a form of tech     needle, injector or a biological spike, one idea I had was that warframe must collect dna if he wants to use other abilities  in   addition to or instead of energy

4. Steal face - ability two, works pretty much like stealth but instead of making you invisible it alters your appearance to one of previously harvested enemy

The_Sharp_Demonologist, on 08 Apr 2014 - 9:57 PM, said:snapback.png

Lets talk about Harvest and Steal face. Would be cool if when your disguised you can steal attack enemies, if the enemy lives your disguise is gone, if he dies you increase the duration of the disguise. You can use your Harvest ability instead of the normal stealth attack for a more powerful stealth attack that comepletly refreshes your disguise but at the cost of a longer animation (giving your enemies more time to find what your doing.

5.Web trap - ability three, Mimic places a nasty web on some part of map, enemies that stumble into it are stuck like flies, obviously first concept is organic/infested but it can be anything from Predator razorwire or energy

6. Clone, duplicity, mitosis - ability four, ultimate, when I saw Hydroid artwork one of ideas I had was that it would be fun if he could create water clones that fight for him, this version replaces water with excess dna that is turned into proxy minions

7. Faceless legion - ability four, ultimate, Mimic masks whole group into enemies, this might be insane to balance, maybe  something like illusion is broken if they attack making it just utility power

8. Perfect imitation - ability four, ultimate, Mimic takes not only appearance but also abilities and weapons of his target

Feel free to comment or post your own ideas for Mimic and his powers. If someone else posted a similar idea before me, my bad, I did not see it.

Edited by Vengola

Oh the SPy, nothing funnier tan watching enemies turn around every 5 seconds becuase they know your out there, watching, waiting. What they dont know is that the Heavy they are healing, is YOU!

God i love games when you can mindfuck your enemies, specially players so a frame that allows you to sneak between enemies as one of their own would be cool.

Lets talk about Harvest and Steal face. Would be cool if when your disguised you can steal attack enemies, if the enemy lives your disguise is gone, if he dies you increase the duration of the disguise. You can use your Harvest ability instead of the normal stealth attack for a more powerful stealth attack that comepletly refreshes your disguise but at the cost of a longer animation (giving your enemies more time to find what your doing.

Yeah I like this idea, adds a desperate survival element to it,