The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Let The Phased Ankyros Skin Work On The Ankyros Prime

Bobsplosion

1. The models are extremely similar, even if the texture maps are not.

2. There is no reason to use Ankyros when Ankyros Prime exists, which basically makes the skin useless.

3. Having very limited distribution shouldn't lower its importance.

Pls Draice help a pal out.

There have been so many threads about this topic already but the staff i spoke too and have answered seem ether against or completely unsure if not just complacent with this issue, and i do really find it an issue. I understand the difficulties with doing this but i feel its important enough to put some effort into (I know there is bigger things in this game to worry about but this one is at least a straight forward solution).

If they do decide and then act on this i fear it could be a long while before it is resolved unfortunatly :(

No, just no.

Why should that skin be an exception to the fact that weapon skins don't work on Prime weapons? Doesn't matter if everyone had the Phased Ankyros or if 10 people had it, it's still stupid to change the Ankyros Prime to allow it and then basically disregard everything else. And since they said Prime weapons won't be getting the skin option, well, don't expect this to happen.

No, just no.

Why should that skin be an exception to the fact that weapon skins don't work on Prime weapons? Doesn't matter if everyone had the Phased Ankyros or if 10 people had it, it's still stupid to change the Ankyros Prime to allow it and then basically disregard everything else. And since they said Prime weapons won't be getting the skin option, well, don't expect this to happen.

The problem is with all Prime weapons really not just the phased Ankyros. Dont think the OP wanted an exception just for that skin it was just the specific one they is dealing with at the minute i guess..but i could be wrong.

Edit: Reading it over a couple times maybe they do, or are not aware of the problem with the other primes and skins.

Edited by Seldom

The problem is with all Prime weapons really not just the phased Ankyros. Dont think the OP wanted an exception just for that skin it was just the specific one they is dealing with at the minute i guess..but i could be wrong.

Edit: Reading it over a couple times maybe they do, or are not aware of the problem with the other primes and skins.

The OP sounds like he wants an exception for that skin. I guess (the OP is) not aware of the problem then, huh? Edited by Nealybealy

The OP sounds like he wants an exception for that skin. I guess not aware of the problem then, huh?

If they dont have any other skins to prime conterparts then yeh its not a far fetched thought to think it only effects the Ankyros.

Edited by Seldom

I think that makes it worse for those who have it then really. Pretty much useless now.

The Ankyros has always been utter trash though. If you got it (or even bought it for the crazy huge price it goes for), you're doing it for swag/completionist purposes, not because you think the Ankyros is a decent weapon.

The Ankyros has always been utter trash though. If you got it (or even bought it for the crazy huge price it goes for), you're doing it for swag/completionist purposes, not because you think the Ankyros is a decent weapon.

The ground execution is cool.

I just checked; I remember at some point skins were useable on their prime counterparts. I didn't know this was disabled.

That was never intentional. I remember awhile ago I think it was Draice? Anyway, one of those guys confirmed Prime weapons wouldn't get skins because it wouldn't make sense. (orokin weapons were not designed for the skins, lore wise too)

So yeah, this isn't happening.

EDIT: Found the quote!

"There are no plans to support additional skins on Prime Weapons at this time. The main reason being that the mesh for the Prime variations is usually modified, so skins that work on the standard guns will not wrap correctly around them. We would need to create a unique alternative skin for them.

Lore-wise, these weapons are the predecessors of the standard weapons. It does not really make sense that the Ancient Orokins planned on supporting skins for their technology developed by their Tenno ancestors."
Edited by Nealybealy

Hm.

I make a motion for an exception on the basis that "phased" is different from normal skins, in that it's a state of being as opposed to a cover.

Phased wouldn't make sense, as these Primes already are found in the Void and are unphased like the rest of Orokin technology.

Lore-wise, these weapons are the predecessors of the standard weapons. It does not really make sense that the Ancient Orokins planned on supporting skins for their technology developed by their Tenno ancestors."

"supporting skins"? How hard is it for my tenno to take his nice looking paris prime and wrap it in cheetah print duct tape? Most of the skins that I know of (proto, candy cane, dagger axe, brokk, and manticore being the exceptions) do not change the model so its not like it necessarily anything more complex than a fancy paint job.

Edited by SquirmyBurrito