The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Doubt About The Solar Rails

Khallisto

Why would it be chaos if it was global.

THe cost of those rails is rather high for alliances....initially we will see alliances rushing the Hek out of it...but after a month at most it will have settled down and you will only see occasional fights I guess.

I also don't see how per region would be logic. Invasions and Alerts are global as well.

Edited by Shehriazad

Why would it be chaos if it was global.

THe cost of those rails is rather high for alliances....initially we will see alliances rushing the Hek out of it...but after a month at most it will have settled down and you will only see occasional fights I guess.

I also don't see how per region would be logic. Invasions and Alerts are global as well.

The worry is about whether or not the occupants will be online to be able to do something about their challenger, though I imagine that the rails won't just be destroyed within an hour or a couple minutes. WOuld be more suitable to have it survive a day or two. But that depends obviously on how many people play that Sector.

Edited by White-Glint

The worry is about whether or not the occupants will be online to be able to do something about their challenger, though I imagine that the rails won't just be destroyed within an hour or a couple minutes. WOuld be more suitable to have it survive a day or two. But that depends obviously on how many people play that Sector.

Rail conflicts will be decided chiefly by the playerbase. I doubt the actions of any single clan or alliance will be significant enough to appreciably sway the balance, especially if the tribute rates are sufficiently different.

Solar Rail battles take 48 hours it seems. Aren't as easy to win, and if the alliance defending has good tax rates going...chances are that the towers can survive even if the alliance owning it wouldn't do too much about it.

As said. The worry lies in whether the defenders even have enough time to react and try and sway the public opinion to fight for them. If there are at least two days worth of health on the rails then at least there should be enough time to try and sway player interest.

As said. The worry lies in whether the defenders even have enough time to react and try and sway the public opinion to fight for them. If there are at least two days worth of health on the rails then at least there should be enough time to try and sway player interest.

Pfft, "public opinion", like we're running elections here or something.

The only propaganda you'll need is lower tribute rates.

I figure any tactician can log in for 3 minutes and reduce the rates to match or beat the competition.

(And then probably jack them back up once the monopoly is reestablished.)