Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Price Of Credits And Items

Swiftau

I just got this game a few days ago and it's pretty rad! My only quarrel is the fact that you can't earn many new weapons, suits and items by just playing the game. 

The credits are pretty expensive if you want to buy the good stuff. I would rather pay $80 for this game instead of having to continually pay to keep my attention. The idea of unlocking items in other games such as the Battlefield and Call of Duty series and all the MMO's out there is what keeps players coming back for more, not the need to empty their wallets in order to experience the game at its full potential.

At this rate, I've spent about 5-6 hours playing the game and I'm already over it. I haven't unlocked or found any new weapons. I've unlocked one mod (vitality) and that's it. It's very disappointing. I mean... you even have to pay for additional colours to customise your Warframe and weapons... come on, seriously? It appears as though the publishers just want to make a game that will fill their wallets, make their players broke and not focus on what's important. The actual game!

Like I said, the game is pretty fun to play but after a while it gets very boring unless you're willing to fork out a lot of coin to buy new items. Either make the credits more affordable or add some new items, weapons and Warframes to the game that you can unlock and/or find and make it easier to earn these things.

Am I the only one that feels this way?

The only thing you can't earn in-game are slots and vanity items, such as color packets and the scarves. 

Weapons and frames, which seem to be your gripe, can be farmed, and built, using materials you acquire in-game without shelling out any RL money.

You earn credits for completing missions, and in the market you buy blueprints for weapons. From there you use credits and resources to craft them in the foundry. A few weapons can be bought for only credits. The only things which require actual money to be spent are slots for warframes/weapons and purely cosmetic items.

Edited by DeathKoala

I just got this game a few days ago and it's pretty rad! My only quarrel is the fact that you can't earn many new weapons, suits and items by just playing the game. 

You can get every weapon and frame just by playing the game.

Do you know how unlocking weapons work? You need to buy the blueprint (for credits you get for finishing missions) and craft it in the Foundry using materials you gather during the missions.

Yes, you need to pay for cosmetics, but other than that - you can get everything that really matters completely for free, just by playing.

And sometimes there are color palettes sold for 1-1000 credits, so it's not like you can't have any more colors.

Besides, there's a trading system. You can sell mods, Prime components and keys for Platinum.

You don't need to spend a single cent.

I really recommend reading the Wiki, because it looks like you don't know what're you talking about.

I thinkt your problem and partially a problem of this game is, that the beginning is quite slow. You don't earn much credits and you have to unlock some planets to be able to get all ressources.

As the people above me statet you don't need to pay for any frame or weapon, but you have to grind for them, and while you literally can swim in ressources when you play a bit, but it can be quite annoying to farm them at the beginning.

If you like the game keep playing and you will see, that it gets easier to obtain things especially when you are patient(building takes some time too: 12 h, 24h or 3 days for frames).

The only thing you really need platinum for is inventory slots for your frames and weapons and cosmetics, aside from that you just buy convinience and time. (trading as a possibility to gain plat without spending money was mentionend, as slots are cheap you really can have everything without a cent...you might need to spend some time farming though)

Edit: spelling errors

Edited by lukshu