Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Origin Protectorate [Multi-Game Community] News And Recruitment Thread

reltats

Hello my friends! on this day, the 3rd of june, 2014, I share news with the alliance!

Weekly Announcement # 1 - 6/3/2014

Major Announcements

~Weekly Announcements: we will be starting weekly announcements to try and share some ideas the officers have been discussing about and try to keep you all up to date with current events. This is where we will post Important notices, dates of events, news on solar rails, and other stuff. The announcements will be posted every tuesday night, and will be posted in both the steam group page and The Origin Protectorate forum page.

~Events: After the success of the Dojo Fight club, we will start to try and host various events within reasonable time frames. While the last one started at 5PM EST, we are aware that some are in different timezones. We want to hear of times that people are free on a regular basis and try to plan favorable to the majority.

~Role Call: The deadline to reply to the role call is June 10th. After this date, if you have not replied to either the forum page or the steam group, YOU WILL BE REMOVED! We cant stress this enough, as many clans still need to reply. YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE A CLAN WARLORD TO REPLY! As long as you say the name of the warlord, any clan member may represent their clan in the role call.

Minor annoucnements

~Keep it Clean: we would like to remind you to mind your manners in the alliance chat. We have new members coming in frequently, and some may be offended by what some say. If you see anything disturbing, harrasfull, or spammish, please screenshot the conversation and notify a moderator.

~Raid Call: Our raid call group ID is 8559225. We have multiple channels for coordinated gameplay, so we hope to see more of you in there.

~Spread the word: Help us out and send a shout out in the alliance chat about announcements and important posts.

this concludes the weekly announcements.

GO FORTH AND GAME!

Forever and ever,

Lizzardboyc, The NeoReapers

Edited by Lizzardboyc

Hello,

Our clan is willing to join this alliance. We have all facilities, researches, labs and also a solar rail. 

Clan name: Rivenlight

Clan Tier: Ghost Clan

Active members: 6

Representative: Archybald (me)

Warlord: Skyve

Main timezone: East Europe

Roll Call - As the end of our first roll nears its end, the great kickening (credit Ninjarican) is almost upon us. If you have not answered yet, you're almost out of time. Don't get kicked. Ninjarican will handle the appeals for those kicked.

Emblem contest - I have reached the ultimate level of f**k it. The vote resulted in an extension and I only got one more submission. so the submission period is now until DE allows us to set an alliance emblem.

Ambassador system - (subject to change as it is tested)
-Up to three per game
-Anyone can become an ambassador
-A single person can be an ambassador for no more than three games
-Not truly a higher rank, but will be distinguished so that people can go to them to organize, suggest events, etc.
-There will be a special section on the steam forums for suggestions of lets plays (games, or fun things to do on warframe, or even RPs)
-Anyone can suggest a lets play of a game, and if they get at least 5 (subject to change) endorsements, the tread can be shown to a mod or ambassador of the game, and so long as it does not conflict with another event, it will be added to the list

Solar Rails - We will move sometime after the great kickening and after reaching 40-50 million credits

Moderator stuff - NinjaRican will take on the fifth high councilor seat, and thepizzalord138 will be added as another moderator. We are waiting for the response of another to see if he would like to become a mod.

Tomorrow marks the end of our first roll call and the great Kickening. If your clan has not answered the roll call by sometime later in the day, you will find yourself out of the alliance. Appeals can be taken up with Ninjarican, who is far more forgiving then I.

No clan is exempt, even if your a moderator or regularly on the raidcall. You must answer the roll call.

Do NOT, I repeat, DO NOT come to me if you are kicked out. I don't give a fly f**k because it took your clan getting kicked out of the alliance to actually notice something.

Role Call:
Clan name: Farkas Falka
Clan tier: Ghost Clan
Active members: 5
Representative: Jed Blace
Warlords: Jed Blace, Atomvihar
Time zone: East Europe

Also I deeply apologize for being so late with the role call.

Edited by Jed_Blace

For those clans who have not answered its your lucky day. I have had a very very bad day and between barely being able to see stright, being entirely out patience, and not being able to give the power to kick clans to other alliance members (thanks DE) there will be a one extension to the roll call.

Or at least a few more hours

The Great Kickening is completed

The kickening has now been completed. Sadly we lost a lot of clans today. But those that are left have shown that they, to any degree at all, pay attention to the alliance and deserve to be members.

If you are in the steam group or check the forums and somehow failed to notice all the announcements about the roll call then shame on you. However if you wish to reapply then PM NinjaRican as he is handling the reapplications. DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT pm me about it. I will toggle ignore you.

Lastly there may have been mistaken kicks. We took great care double and even triple checking clans before we kicked them, but mistakes do happen. One we caught and the clan has already been re-invited. If your clan was mistakenly kicked then just PM NinjaRican and tell (preferable show) him where and when you answered and you will be promptly reinvited

Edit: Post text was in black for some reason, fixed

Edited by reltats

I don't give a fly f**k because it took your clan getting kicked out of the alliance to actually notice something.

Funny, that's exactly how I found out about it.  No in-game mail, no forum PMs, no chat whispers -- what exactly was I supposed to respond to?  The 201st post on PAGE 11 of the Recruitment Thread?

Best of luck.

Funny, that's exactly how I found out about it.  No in-game mail, no forum PMs, no chat whispers -- what exactly was I supposed to respond to?  The 201st post on PAGE 11 of the Recruitment Thread?

Best of luck.

Have to agree with this, it would've been better to send a PM/whisper, because personally I thought I didn't need to check the recruitment thread anymore since it's...well...a recruitment thread.

At the same time, however, I can see how they wouldn't want to send out PMs/whispers. There's quite a few clans after all, and besides, it looks like they're looking to keep the "most active in the alliance". I popped in alliance chat occasionally, but I wouldn't call myself very active in the alliance. Too bad, I guess. 

Have to agree with this, it would've been better to send a PM/whisper, because personally I thought I didn't need to check the recruitment thread anymore since it's...well...a recruitment thread.

At the same time, however, I can see how they wouldn't want to send out PMs/whispers. There's quite a few clans after all, and besides, it looks like they're looking to keep the "most active in the alliance". I popped in alliance chat occasionally, but I wouldn't call myself very active in the alliance. Too bad, I guess. 

I'm not the one who's had to do it in the past, but IIRC we've already gone down the PM road which yielded little to no result. Communication is a two way street. If you aren't hearing anything, then it's time to consider putting your ear to the ground to find out if perhaps there's communication going on but you're simply not receiving it.

I'm not the one who's had to do it in the past, but IIRC we've already gone down the PM road which yielded little to no result. Communication is a two way street. If you aren't hearing anything, then it's time to consider putting your ear to the ground to find out if perhaps there's communication going on but you're simply not receiving it.

Perfectly put, thank you DJ_Redwire

There was a month's notice to do this posted not only on this thread but the Steam group too. We have also spammed chat intermittently to raise awareness only to be pushed aside in multiple conversations of which warframe has the best &#!/boobs etc. We gave two weeks more than we honestly should have, and you people still want to be mad about it. Your loss then. Don't *@##$ about it here since nobody will honestly care. If you want back in, PM NinjaRican and he will judge wether or not to let you even try to apply again. If you don't care and just wish to complain and be a sourpuss about it then here is what we do, we write it in a post, then we delete the post and move on with our lives. Have a good day.

There was a month's notice to do this posted not only on this thread but the Steam group too. We have also spammed chat intermittently to raise awareness only to be pushed aside in multiple conversations of which warframe has the best @$$/boobs etc. We gave two weeks more than we honestly should have, and you people still want to be mad about it. Your loss then. Don't $#*(@ about it here since nobody will honestly care. If you want back in, PM NinjaRican and he will judge wether or not to let you even try to apply again. If you don't care and just wish to complain and be a sourpuss about it then here is what we do, we write it in a post, then we delete the post and move on with our lives. Have a good day.

Well, considering Warframe has a pretty poor system of mass communicating with other people it's not surprising that only those who were more closely involved with the alliance would have heard anything/knew where to look. I'll admit, I did not pay much attention to alliance chat because most of the time it's just people talking. The only time I saw announcements was when we first started. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming you guys for it. I know how tedious it is to get people's attention, I helped run a 600 person tournament, and literally messaged 50+ teams for responses every week. And it took a heck a lot of time and energy, which I don't blame you for not wanting to do. 

The reason why I even said anything after my initial post was because it IS possible to have contacted everyone (I have done so before in a similar environment as I just mentioned), and so I think it would be better to respect that some people might feel let down, like the poster I responded to, especially since Warframe doesn't have very good methods of communication.

I'm not saying you should have messaged everyone and made sure you got a response, I'm just saying people are gonna feel bad/blah blah and it would be nice if you guys would be a bit more understanding, since not everyone looks at the forums/chat and they shouldn't really have been expected to as it wasn't a clear requirement (I was unable to come to the meetings, so maybe you guys did require it there). When I first joined, there did not seem to be a requirement for clans to be active either, otherwise I would not have submitted my clan (since we're a very casual clan). 

I suppose I just don't understand the hostility toward those who were not active when it wasn't clearly stated in the beginning (I think?) that clans needed to be active. I understand WHY you are angry; I've been in your shoes. It's frustrating when people don't respond or take time to find information. But you have to realize not everyone is as invested in the alliance/tournament/what have you as those organizing it are, and if I've learned anything from running a tournament, it's that people won't care enough to find information themselves, and only wait for people to explicitly tell them what the information is. So I would ask that you try to be at least somewhat respectful to those who did not know they needed to do role call, because by human nature most people do not go seek out information, and also, judging by the amount of clans that have been kicked out, I don't think it was made very clear at all that people were going to have to do a role call.

Considering that with 160+ clans we were losing to other solar rails pretty easily until we actually LOST Ur, We had to go through and actually make sure people were not only paying attention, but actually helping and assisting the clan. I posted the role call in each announcement I made on both the steam page and the forum page, Voted and agreed on a voice chat system that is used by only some of the population, Reminded people to give a shout out about the role call in the alliance chat that everyone loves, Personally came to the alliance chat to shout it out to remind everyone, and I wouldn't be surprised if at one point someone did try to go down the entire 160+ clan list and send a PM about something related to it. I honestly believe that more than enough warning and communication was necessarily communicated out to everyone. Warframes communication is no where near good or perfect, but we shouldn't be responsible for having to scroll through every person in 160+ clans when we have made it apparent to everyone that we use other types of communication like Steam, The forums, and Raid Call for discussions and mass notifications.

We will hosting a meeting this Saturday, June 14th, at 2 PM EDT in the raidcall

The kickening/roll call - This meeting will be to look back at the initial effects of the kickening and roll call and whether or not future activity enforcement will or should be taken; Those affected by the kickening may join for this discussion, as long as they are civil about it. If you just want to join to vent, rage, or give us a sob story you will be given ever increasing temp bans. Be constructive with what you add (You can add how this felt, shortened versions of the story, and so on as long as it is constructive).

Clan sizes - With so many clans lost to the kickening we will retouch the issue of allowing mountain clans.

Multi-gaming - All the people who have been highly active in the raidcall have felt for a little while now that this is the best course of action for the alliance. Have a game you like that you want the alliance to start playing? then come join in and discuss this.