Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Breakdown

PsiXeno

So, I had a previous thread open (which I didn't really think it through), but from it, I got an idea that I'd like to run by people.

What if in the foundry you could dismantle and breakdown a weapon you created (not bought with plat)? This way, you can regain a portion of the resources spent. Also (another though) if a potato is attached, you can get that potato back (or not).

Just a thought....

The point isn't to remove the potato or not. My main point in this thing was to dismantle a weapon you created and get a portion of the materials back. So lets say I make a Soma:

Build:

-7 morphics

-850 Plastids

-1200 Rubedo

-8000 Salvage

So when you Dismantle, you'd get (assume 30% return):

-2 Morphics

-255 Plastids

-360 Rubedo

-2400 Salvage

That's what I wanted the main point to be.

The potato thing could be an additional gain. 

Edited by PsiXeno

The point isn't to remove the potato or not. My main point in this thing was to dismantle a weapon you created and get a portion of the materials back. So lets say I make a Soma:

Build:

-7 morphics

-850 Plastids

-1200 Rubedo

-8000 Salvage

So when you Dismantle, you'd get (assume 30% return):

-2 Morphics

-255 Plastids

-360 Rubedo

-2400 Salvage

That's what I wanted the main point to be.

The potato thing could be an additional gain. 

DE will never incentivize destroying weapons. Slots are a large driver of revenue - anything that rewards you for not keeping weapons is contrary to their rev stream.

Whilst I kind of agree in princriple, this sort of defeats the idea of the weapons being in some cases harder to get than the rest, or the weapon taking time and you feeling in many cases happy that the effort has paid for itself. The only resource I can think of that I would want this to happen to is morphics, but that is just me, and as said above, the majority of the resources aren't that hard to get anyway, so the validity of the argument in the eyes of the developers who would lose a small amount of money as a result is almost negligible.