The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warning Points

Ajiit

Warning points are a record of infraction.

Collect too many and your forum access will be restricted.

Edit: Note your warning points are only visible to you and moderators.

Edited by DBugII

If it bugs you so much, you can make another infraction and see a 2 instead of a 1.

:D

As someone said, the warning points can only be seen by you and the moderators. There was a post by a moderator long ago explaining this with much more detail. As far as I can remember spamming will give you a warning point that will be taken away after a while, but there are others that will stay with you. I believe the post was made by C3dric and reposted by DERebecca at some point.

Edit: I got his name incorrectly. It is Ced23Ric, not C3dric. I blame my bad memory... Actually I am quite surprised I even got close to it.

Edited by HellEnforcer

but there are some cases when giving a warning can be controvelsial - and the mod will have to be a judge.
exg. case:

you ansered to a tread - and then the op send a raport on you and deletes the tread. mod have a raport - but have no proof

I got one for saying that an idea was very stupid, i never insulted the person but i was very persistant attacking the suggestion proposed by that person that in my honest opinion was detrimental to the game and the community, and i really do not like having it, specially because i wasnt aware that i was breaking any rule (even though i had read the rules before) and i really hope that it can be taken away if i don't get any more on a prolonged time or something, i don't know if it's possible though.

Edited by Orbister

Welcome to the Point Club!

Ive had 2pts for over a month now. Last one for insulting someone or something, idk Lol

Atleast on other forums you can see the reason why and when it expires when you click on the pt. DE seems to ike to keep us in the dark, the suspense makes me wanna earn a 3rd and 4th, cuz only even numbers are cool =D

Be proud of your pt(s)!

Thanks to a post by another user not long ago, I got the info I was looking for on the post I mentioned earlier. Here is probably the info you want

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/126192-community-moderators-faq/

The segments of you interest are below after a very careful and delicate operation of copy-paste:

"

Q: Okay, I got warned for breaking a rule. What happens now?
A: Ideally, nothing. You receive a reason with your warning and that could be it. If you understand why you were warned and don't repeat the offense (or any other), there are no repercussions whatsoever. Warnings are just a pointer for you to ease off and get you back on track, and a marker for the other staff to see your history, if they interact with you. As long as you stay below three warnings, nothing happens.

If you keep collecting warnings, you will eventually be suspended, temporarily. That is not a ban, but a temporary suspension. You can still play, you just cannot read or post on the forums. The first suspension is three days. In case of repeated offenders or severe transgressions, such as fits of rage, you may also face moderation queue - which means that you can only post if DE staff approves your posts.

Q: I have received a warning and I disagree with it. What should I do?
A: The first thing to do is PMing the mod in question. Explain why you disagree with the warning, and feel free to look up the rules/guidelines, too. Keep in mind that the ComMods are working based on a "Mature" rating, with an eye on swear words, foul language and disruptive/negative behaviour just as much as more blatant rule violations. The goal is to keep the forums friendly - as hard as that is.

If the moderator in question does not respond or his answer does not satisfy you, you can report the process. To do so, please go into the the moderator's profile and click on "Report This Member" to the post you disagree with, and click on "Report". This generates a report about that moderator post. There, please describe your issue and the other moderators and DE staff become privy to it.

If the outcome of this escalation still does not satisfy you, contact DERebecca, [DE]Megan, or [DE]Drew by sending them a PM. Expect some delay, as the team is fairly busy - the ComMods exist to take work of their shoulders, in the first place. Other language users can contact their appropriate staff representative. 

Q: How long do Warning points stick around?
A: Warning Points are permanent unless otherwise indicated. Misleading Title warning points are temporary. Any other infraction will leave you with a permanent point. Warning points are only visible to the recipient, so no one else can see them.

"

So in short we will always and permantly be remained of a mistake, does not seem very friendly nor just, i think points should dissapear after a time period, no matter how long, make it a year if you want, it is just rude to permantly have that thing there for a mistake and a sanction that is probably debatable and subjective in the first place.

Both we and moderators can't escape our own subjectivity. and rules provide big margins to speculate and bend them, off course we players are less eager (and probably not eager at all) to speculate and bend the rules because we do risk our priviledges.

Edited by Orbister

Jeeze, I feel like the odd one out.

I got the warning point by calling some poor shmuck a dumb monkey that needed to evolve before they where allowed to post on the internet.

I deserve mine, no doubt at all.

Edited by ValhaHazred