Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

First Impressions Feedback: Unimpressed.

Sader

I know this is anecdotal evidence, but the most hackers I've ever seen in games, have been retail games such as Counter-Strike and Modern Warfare.

well the most I have seen has been warz lol but outside of that warrock, combatarms, gunz, ava, APB all have really bad hacker problems to name a few

me and Macy are playing warframe pretty often you should add me to your contacts sir

The PvP is simple to implement in this game there is no magic or rocket science behind it.

Disable Warframe powers in PvP.

The rest is simples

Mode for swords and other using both guns and swords

Voala PvP for everyone and warframes can go on with their live without the fear of a nerfbat.

But to this model to work, needs to get rid of pro system.

As for Hackers well, its like real life, there is A******s everywhere , we don't stop living because of those A******s.

Edited by Takamori

The PvP is simple to implement in this game there is no magic or rocket science behind it.

The rest is simples

Voala PvP for everyone and warframes can go on with their live without the fear of a nerfbat.

As for Hackers well, its like real life, there is A******s everywhere , we don't stop living because of those A******s.

do we disable mods also and weapon levels ?

Diablo II didn't last ten years on the strength of its PvP, it lasted that long because people like phat lewts.

"phat lewts" used mainly for PvP or leveling to get more gear to level easier/solo/grind/acquire online currency because there was actually an economy (trading, etc).

No because thats part of the "pvp build"

But no problem in having a mode called No fun allowed and nothing is abled besides swords and gun basics.

Well, they need to find a way to balance it, without ruining the PvE aspect also.

However nothing have been said, either publicly or in the design council about PvP, so I don't expect it anytime soon.

The rest is simples

Bolded the part I vehemetly disagree with.

Italicized and underlined the part I vehemetly agree with.

Anyway - the Warframe powers are what would give PvP depth. Think of it - you could have 4v4 arena, and crafting a team comp and using each other's abilities (which are the main unqiue/distinguishing point of the Warframes) would create dynamic gameplay with impressive rich variety. It would be an experience unattainable from another game. Taking that out and it would just be a standard "machine guns, pistols, and shotguns, oh my!" game with the mission modes already in the game (one team on each side) and I guess TDM or some last-man-standing arena. Still good, but if you kept Warframe powers, it could be incredible.

No because thats part of the "pvp build"

But no problem in having a mode called No fun allowed and nothing is abled besides swords and gun basics.

im pretty sure people that don't have the op mods will be having very little fun in your super simplistic solution, people need to understand putting pvp into this game would be a megaton of work not some simple slaped together thing. If we remove powers why even bother having pvp the powers are half the bloody game

"phat lewts" used mainly for PvP or leveling to get more gear to level easier/solo/grind/acquire online currency because there was actually an economy (trading, etc).

Nobody played D2 for PvP though. Especially given that it was literally a negative-sum game.

And you get phat lewtz that make getting more gear easier in Warframe too. It's a very simplistic system right now but the answer to that is to add depth. Not throw it out and make a PvP gamemode.

Nobody played D2 for PvP though. Especially given that it was literally a negative-sum game.

And you get phat lewtz that make getting more gear easier in Warframe too. It's a very simplistic system right now but the answer to that is to add depth. Not throw it out and make a PvP gamemode.

Who said to throw it out? Build on it and it will make the PvP deep, rich and rewarding as well.

And PvP is the only reason people still play D2 legitly, all the PvE is just finding gear to trade to deck our a PvP character at this point, and it's pretty much been like that since 2005ish.

Edited by Volume

I think the best way to make PvP balanced is to reduce damage in PvP from all abilities. This way we wont lose anything in PvE while making all of skills less punishing in PvP. And all of weapon mods and builds should be left where they are now, because what differs 2 same weapons is their mod build. As for pro, I dont find this system really bad, cause everyone needs a salary, why not support the game you play at least a bit? The sum isn't so big.

I think the best way to make PvP balanced is to reduce damage in PvP from all abilities. This way we wont lose anything in PvE while making all of skills less punishing in PvP. And all of weapon mods and builds should be left where they are now, because what differs 2 same weapons is their mod build. As for pro, I dont find this system really bad, cause everyone needs a salary, why not support the game you play at least a bit? The sum isn't so big.

So instead of Excalibur being OP Trinity, Mag, and Loki are OP. There's no easy way to balance Warframe for PvP without literally rebuilding a whole bunch of Warframes from the ground up. For one, most crowd control abilities have to go. Radial Blind, Shockwave, Magnetize, Pull, Switch Teleport...

We also need to remove lengthy invulnerability frames. So out goes Slash Dash, Rhino Charge, etc etc.

So let's see what Warframes have now.

Excalibur has Super Jump and nothing else.

Loki has Decoy and Invis.

Volt retains all non-ubers.

Ember retains her fireball power and the non-stun power. I think.

Mag retains Polarize.

Ash has Shuriken and Smokescreen and Teleport.

Trinity retains all non-ubers.

Rhino has nothing.

At this point many characters will be nigh-unrecognizable in PvP. I don't think people understand just how hard balance is in PvE, and that lets you make things way looser than any form of serious PvP.

So someone here said for the frames to keep the mods in PvP.

Have you seen what the mods can do?

The shield mods multiply with and within, a person with high level mods will be very difficult to kill.

And there is also a big balance issue with guns, an issue that is minimal in PvE.

The best PvP will be competition to see which team can beat a level fastest

or

Have 4v4, 4 being the frames, the other 4 being the enemies but with unlimited lives.

So someone here said for the frames to keep the mods in PvP.

Have you seen what the mods can do?

The shield mods multiply with and within, a person with high level mods will be very difficult to kill.

And there is also a big balance issue with guns, an issue that is minimal in PvE.

The best PvP will be competition to see which team can beat a level fastest

or

Have 4v4, 4 being the frames, the other 4 being the enemies but with unlimited lives.

If they rebalance shield boost mods, an adversarial PvP mode with one side being minibosses w/ AI allies would work far better than direct PvP, although there's still the "unfun" risk because most Warframes have serious business high-end crowd control. Still less of a problem than direct frame-on-frame PvP.

people keep complaineing about how repetative and how there is no pvp in this game but honestly its fine the way it is they are being different and i pefer being different than being like every other mmo and if u want pvp so bad then go play a game that has pvp in it aka any fps shooter or your generic mmo this game has alot of potential to be great and the fact its still in closed beta and the dev's are very receptive to people means they will be changeing alot and adding much more in time closed beta means what it means AKA no finished so the fact people are dissapointed in a unfinished stage of a game is their own problem let them cry because their will allways be that group of people who is never happy with what is given and will allways find somthing new to btch about so if u like the game great play it give feedback and make and effort to make the game better. otherwise just quit and play somthing else if your not happy with it its very simple

I sont care about pvp(coz of super crap balllance in any fps pvp game,im not count 1 shot to kill games like cs), i wish to stay in pve only missions,its a most fun part for me, i start to liked when played r.i.p global agenda, pvp there was unballanced crap with one op class and ofc noobs always choose op class ,pve raids and missions was super fun only!

My 2 cents .

This game with its consept is looking great but , i'd like to hope that devs will make more variaty to the game in all forms.

This game should have more gameplay features that keeps u entertained .More environment , more flora and fauna , add some dynamics , instances should be more harder or allow player to choose difficulty .

I wish devs more brain storms for new ideas . Keep up good work !

The developers definitely need to add in more enviornment and NOT Just on a ship i think they should put us on full blown planets! Granted i've only played like 8 hours into the game and might have not gotten that far but for the 8 hours i have to pause the game for a while and then get back into it because it does get a bit more repetitive seeing the same things over and over again!

Keep it classy people and keep up the great work devs :)!

-Matter