The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"fixes A Variety Of Stance Mods Not Dropping From Their Intended Enemy Types. Mod Farmers, Throw Down Your Pitchforks."

Mehbah

Why exactly are you acting like the "angry mob" isn't entirely justified? You said weapons would come with a stance by default. That was an outright lie, and it's simply absurd that we're forced to grind at all in order to fix the mess you made of the melee combat. Not that it's going to fix how you completely ruined charge weapons, anyway.

Adding more grind is not how you improve the game. I know people are saying this all over the forum, so why do you refuse to listen and instead choose to make snide remarks at your customers?

Edit: Just saw the "chill, Tenno. Chill." in the red chat text. That isn't exactly helping, either. Of course people are going to be very displeased when you make a mess and do the exact opposite of what they are asking for.

Edited by Mehbah

I was with you right up until you started complaining about "ruining charged weapons"  DE are doing something different and it may take some time to get it right so obviously player input is going to be important here, but if all you're going to do is sit and moan because your favourite build is gone then congratulations on holding the game back from evolving in any way, for the sake of your own preferences.

They did not mess the melee combat, they changed it.

You have a default stance if you have no stance equipped. 

Also, the quotations marks on the title and the way it is said, I assume it was The Mighty Redtext who said that before the hotfix. In which case, I shall laugh at you for not getting humor. 

And what angry mob are you talking about? The few posts about this issue I have seen are actually people asking nicely for locations and information from other players. As far as I have seen the angry mob you mention is just a single frustrated player.

Some day people will stop complaining about 'grind' when they realize that having absolutely everything from the start is pointless and pretty much kills any sense of progress.

the default stance allows you to attack, channel, parry, counter-kill, ground finish, copter, and accumulate combo bonus damage.

This stance exists for all weapons in game.

It is accessed by not having any stance mods slotted.

Yes, but that's only touching what, 30% of the entire Melee 2.0 system?

I could...

Copter

Attack

Parry

Ground Finish

Even in Melee 1.0.

So what you REALLY added in Melee 2.0 with the default stance was...

Channel

Counter-kill (what exactly is this, anyways?)

So.... yeah. Without a stance mod, you're missing out on 70%+ of what Melee 2.0 -IS-.

I think we've a right to be annoyed when we farmed for hours and saw no stance mods.

I was with you right up until you started complaining about "ruining charged weapons"  DE are doing something different and it may take some time to get it right so obviously player input is going to be important here, but if all you're going to do is sit and moan because your favourite build is gone then congratulations on holding the game back from evolving in any way, for the sake of your own preferences.

THIS, dear god THIS

Where you here for Damage 2.0? The forums are in the exact same chaos with Resistances and Armor scaling and all things being useless. But, after several hotfixes, it got fleshed out. So fleshed out that you can actually mod a gun to One-Shot Mr. Spookums

Channel

Parrying a melee attack while channeling will stun them, and open them up do an attack that deals stealth muliplyer, plus crit, plus channel bonus damage. Generally speaking, this outright kills whatever you just countered.

In addition, with the old system... could you parry:

Sheild Bashes?

Ancient Knockdowns?

Grineer Radial Blasts?

Bombard Rockets?

Napalm Shots?

Scorpion Whips?

Edited by ensignvidiot

Yes, but that's only touching what, 30% of the entire Melee 2.0 system?

I could...

Copter

Attack

Parry

Ground Finish

Even in Melee 1.0.

So what you REALLY added in Melee 2.0 with the default stance was...

Channel

So.... yeah. Without a stance mod, you're missing out on 70%+ of what Melee 2.0 -IS-.

I think we've a right to be annoyed when we farmed for hours and saw no stance mods.

No, you have no right whatsoever to be annoyed for not having something that you did not have to begin with. They added something new, and we have to look for it.

No, you have no right whatsoever to be annoyed for not having something that you did not have to begin with.

When the devs basically promise you'll be getting this stuff without at any point while using examples like "I was able to do Pluto with just the Skana", essentially implying even new players will be able to benefit from the system without clarifying beforehand "BTW you're going have to be farming a lot to have access to most of this stuff", yes, one does have a right to be annoyed.

Edited by RealityMachina

When the devs basically promise you'll be getting this stuff without at any point clarifying beforehand "BTW you're going have to be farming a lot to have access to most of this stuff", yes, one does have a right to be annoyed.

No, you can do everything but have a combo with a unique finisher effect. Thats the ONLY thing you miss out on without a stance. All other Melee 2.0 content can be performed without it.

No, you have no right whatsoever to be annoyed for not having something that you did not have to begin with. They added something new, and we have to look for it.

Right, so...

We might as well call Warframe, "Grindframe" then, because every time something new gets added, you gotta grind grind grind your eyeballs out to access it.

This isn't a weapon, or a warframe (good God, Hydrion... eeew.), this is an entire game system that's being placed behind a wall of pure grind.

Hint: Farming the same crap we've been farming since we started playing Warframe purely for the sake of farming is not fun.

They hype up all of this "look at all of this awesome flashy stuff you can do!!!" and then on release day it is "oh, but you're going to have to farm for hours before you can do this."

If it were a "Kill 500 enemies with your weapon before you can combo with it" hey sure. 500 kills and I get my combo. There's no RNG in that, I'd be fine with that.

But RNG? Eh, no thanks. I know how Warframe RNG works all too well, since I....you know.... STILL don't have Dakra Prime BP, despite me doing 15-20 Exterminate 1s.

And even if I did have Dakra Prime BP.... the 15 orokin cells.... Good God.

I'd be killing Lephantis until my fingers bleed.

Edited by Xylia

When the devs basically promise you'll be getting this stuff without at any point while using examples like "I was able to do Pluto with just the Skana", essentially implying even new players will be able to benefit from the system without clarifying beforehand "BTW you're going have to be farming a lot to have access to most of this stuff", yes, one does have a right to be annoyed.

If they did not clarify it, then you are getting annoyed simply because your own assumptions were not correct. 

They said we were going to get Melee 2.0. And we got melee 2.0.

Pluto is nowhere the reach of new players to start with. The implication in that case was then made by the players and they missed it.

If they did not clarify it, then you are getting annoyed simply because your own assumptions were not correct. 

Pluto is nowhere the reach of new players to start with. The implication in that case was then made by the players and they missed it.

Well if you're gonna nitpick like that then we can just fall back to the fact they said they were gonna give a stance mod for free.

Well if you're gonna nitpick like that then we can just fall back to the fact they said they were gonna give a stance mod for free.

they didnt say that either, only that all weapons would have a default stance (and they do)

so far, they have done 100% of what they said they would do.

Pluto might not be for new players, but you know how stinking hard early game is on newbies now, Combos are something Newbies need. And if that weren't enough, a Stance card increases mod slots on their melee weapon, something any newbie sorely needs (since they are not likely to have potato'd stuff).

So yes, Combos = Very Newbie Friendly.......only Newbies can't, until they get a drop. Some weapons' stance drops are... very late in-game.

Right, so...

We might as well call Warframe, "Grindframe" then, because every time something new gets added, you gotta grind grind grind your eyeballs out to access it.

This isn't a weapon, or a warframe (good God, Hydrion... eeew.), this is an entire game system that's being placed behind a wall of pure grind.

Hint: Farming the same crap we've been farming since we started playing Warframe purely for the sake of farming is not fun.

They hype up all of this "look at all of this awesome flashy stuff you can do!!!" and then on release day it is "oh, but you're going to have to farm for hours before you can do this."

If it were a "Kill 500 enemies with your weapon before you can combo with it" hey sure. 500 kills and I get my combo. There's no RNG in that, I'd be fine with that.

But RNG? Eh, no thanks. I know how Warframe RNG works all too well, since I....you know.... STILL don't have Dakra Prime BP, despite me doing 15-20 Exterminate 1s.

And even if I did have Dakra Prime BP.... the 15 orokin cells.... Good God.

I'd be killing Lephantis until my fingers bleed.

I fail to see why were you expecting new stuff to be added to our inventories for no reason. It is new so it has not been around here before, it makes sense to look for it. Tell me of a car company that gives everyone a new car to everyone that had an older model simply because they had already a car. They have to buy it. Same here. They released something new and we have to go and get it.

Your hint is nowhere to be real. How could you have been farming something "since you started playing WarFrame" when that thing just went out yesterday?

I actually support that kill count to learn a combo. I made a post similar to it a few months ago. Although it was for achievements instead of learning a new combo. I like that idea and I support it. Still I don't agree that we should get everything just because we logged in.

15-20 runs is not that high. Specially when it is a single reward from an entire run on something that has multiple possibilities. I have run much more that that for Nova and Ember Prime and I am still missing a piece of Ember Prime. Not to mention that I have yet to get my first Split Chamber. I can't complain since I know it is there and I know people get them. Complaining and whining just because I feel impatient won't get me anywhere.

For the Orokin Cells, go hunt Ruk. He drops it almost always, not to mention the map frequently gives you 1 or 2 more.

To be honest I have no idea what they said. But we have a default stance. 

Edit: deleted a sentence. Made it sounds rude even thought I was not my intention.

Edited by HellEnforcer

Your hint is nowhere to be real. How could you have been farming something "since you started playing WarFrame" when that thing just went out yesterday?

I counted 6 drops off of common Corpus Mobs: Crewmen, Prod Crewmen, Moa, Shockwave Moa, and Tech.

You know......the same Crewmen, Prod Crewmen, Moas, Shockwave Moas, and Techs I've been killing for the last year. I've killed thousands of these, and the solution to these new mobs?

"GO KILL MOAR OF THEM!!"

As if farming enemies is the single, only way to get a new mod, right?

They couldn't have, I don't know, picked a non-farm method? Maybe have them be rewarded randomly at the end of various mission types? Heck, you know those Spy/Exterminate/etc missions? Give us a reason to do those! They should randomly reward one from the pool 25% of the time.

I actually support that kill count to learn a combo. I made a post similar to it a few months ago. Although it was for achievements instead of learning a new combo. I like that idea and I support it. Still I don't agree that we should get everything just because we logged in.

I never asked to have all of the stances, but they could have given at least one basic MOD STANCE CARD, not just hidden default one in the background, for each weapon type. Then make 2-3 more you have to find.

For the Orokin Cells, go hunt Ruk. He drops it almost always, not to mention the map frequently gives you 1 or 2 more.

Ruk, with his invincible phases, takes forever to kill. If I wanted to fight a boss with invincible phases, I'd go fight Lephantis because unlike Ruk, he can drop up to FIVE of them, and... hey, look at that. Orokin Derelict Mobs can also drop Orokin Cells (but they never do, just like mobs on Saturn).

Honestly if you want to beat RNG, you have to be smarter than it.

Dont grind for Stances.

Go Grind Prime Parts. Sell those for platinum

Wait for your stance to pop up on the market, buy it.

Done.

no more grinding.

Such is the beauty of Trading.

Honestly if you want to beat RNG, you have to be smarter than it.

Dont grind for Stances.

Go Grind Prime Parts. Sell those for platinum

Wait for your stance to pop up on the market, buy it.

Done.

no more grinding.

Such is the beauty of Trading.

"Go grind and you won't have to grind"

That's fantastic advice.

Anyway, and this is directed at everyone in the thread, Warframe is not a job. Do we have that cleared up? It's a game. Games are supposed to be enjoyable. Read that again. It's clear that several of the people here have not understood this yet. Go back, read it again. Keep doing it until it gets through your skulls. Warframe is meant to be enjoyable. It's not meant to feel like a job. If it does, it's a failure of a game from the consumer's standpoint.

Why am I pointing this out? Because these forums, and to be fair the forums for many games, are infested by people who have an incredibly stupid way of looking at things. Namely, that players owe the developers something and that it's the players' fault whenever the devs are incompetent. When a game requires a bunch of mindless RNG grinding, only utterly, objectively stupid people defend that. You know the type. The ones who actually believe "you just want to get things without putting in the work" or "stop being entitled" are sane responses. Let me repeat: Warframe is not a job. You should not have to "put in the work" in order to get to the enjoyable part. I should not have to grind for several hours to maybe (hint: I didn't) find one of the stances for the weapon I want to use, in the hopes that it will make it go from being utterly ruined to maybe actually useful. Not that I know which one to grind for, because the damn game doesn't tell me squat about them before I own them myself. I should not be held responsible for the developers' inability to realize that, when you remove charge attacks and only reward fast attacks, you have to properly balance out the weapons that did not rely on fast, normal attacks.

In short, stop blaming the player for the shortcomings of the game.

In other news, I met the Harvester for the first time about an hour ago. It was the first time in over three hundred hours of playtime. I got one part of the weapon you can only get from it. One. On average, it would take me nine hundred hours of playtime to be able to get the Detron. Assuming I don't get the same drop repeated or die to it, that is.

"Go grind and you won't have to grind"

That's fantastic advice

Every key is worth a potential average of 10p (Rhino chassis goes for as high as 100p). Every key will give you a 100% gauranteed sellable primepart. For the purposes of earning Plat, its the most anti-grind thing we have available, because regardless of what the RNG hands you, you can still turn a profit from it. And if you dont get something thats super sellable at that moment, you still get tons of credts that you'd need to make the plat trades.

Your Time can tranlate to a tangable (and actually reachable) 100% profit.

100% vs an unknown drop rate for everything else.

Unless you have the luck of the black irish, it seems to be the most logical route.

Yes, now multiply that by a significant fraction of the playerbase.

you will will have people that provide for the rest of us. not everyone thinks the same, nor does anyone act the same. Plently of people are already selling/tradin' styles away because it wasnt the one they wanted, snagged dual daggers for me that way.

Ironically, i think its the portion of the players that rare ever (if at all) come and post on the forums that continues to grind away without a care in the world. More power to em, makes it easier for me to play and work a full week.