Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scindo Animations In Melee 2.0

Crazee73

Hey guys!

As a long time Scindo user, I was extremely excited to see what Melee 2.0 would bring for heavy melee weapons.
I was a bit disappointed to discover that the idle, run, and walk animations for the Scindo are extremely lackluster in comparison to other weapons. The Scindo, a heavy axe, is held with one hand and pointed towards the ground, much like the regular sword animations. This, added to a bent posture, mean that the Scindo looks awkward and... well, downright wrong. It would be appreciated if, for example, it took the same idle position as the Galatine, as that would be pretty awesome. In fact, the way it is now, it looks like a tag was set wrong in the animations and it's using the wrong animation.

The rest of Melee 2.0 is awesome though, just the one little niggle (the Scindo being my favourite Melee by far, this bugs me) is preventing me from enjoying it to it's full potential.

Personally, I liked the way Scindo  was held. It showed the weapon was heavy. As for it looking the way Galatine does, I saw my friend wield one ( a Galatine ) with a Nova. It looked a bit weird because the Galatine was wielded with the blade pointed straight up, even while moving. A little refining or an over-the-shoulder stance would be fine, but a top-heavy Scindo wielded straight up won't look right.

Just my opinion, but I do understand what you are saying.

Edit-  @ Ronyn, That could be it too.

Edited by Vinius

OP: Are you by any chance using a melee stance mod (Specifically Cleaving Whirlwind)?  I'm noticing a different animation with the default E (x4) & EE-pause-EEEEE Combos but the Slide Attack, Jump Attack & Wall Attack animations seem to be the same as the default Scindo animations.  Not sure if it was intended as such but with such interesting names for these attacks, I was half-expecting these attacks to look different.

No stance mods yet; I was more posting about the idle character and what you see when running. Otherwise, the anims seem to be pretty similar to the old Melee system.

@Vinius: I love the idea of a heavy looking weapon, and part of the reason I chose the Scindo in the first place for sure (other than it's ungodly slash/ charge damage when maxxed out). However, if it was that weighted, wouldn't you think you'd hold it with atleast two hands? I can totally see what you mean about it looking heavy in the current stance, but it should either be refined to removed that awful looking bent posture or changed to something a bit more suitable for combat.

Yeah I'm not a fan of the idle and running animations for the Scindo. There are better ways to hold that axe. That way is not one of them. Ruined a large part of the weapon for me. 

You look exceptionally odd, old and weak. The idle, if it had to stay I could live with, but the running? That seriously needs some rework. I thought it would be resting against the shoulder or something or as Noogum's said, like the Bo or Orthos.