Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Regarding Dark Sector Tax

Flamingfighter

So I've just done a quick check to see what clans/alliances have occupied which solar rails to reach a Dark Sector. I found that many of them seem to have their tax rates set for 0% and their message declaring that the sector will be for free use. This kind of makes me wonder what the purpose of having a tax, or the Dark Sectors as inaccessible without a clan's solar rail.

Players are obviously going to rally behind the clans that offer tax free exploration rather than a clan that would tax. It is a possibility that the no tax clans will either take over every solar rail or that next to no one will ever visit a taxed solar rail.

If this is the case, the Dark Sectors are merely areas that offer bonuses with no condition other than maybe being a bit more challenging. The solar rail concept doesn't even matter as much since clans and alliances that would tax will not receive the reward for their cost, since the solar rails they build will either never take hold or be contested almost immediately due to tax free clans.

I think you might have underestimated how magnanimous some clans were DE. I'm curious to see how this may turn out.

Most of the ones with 0 tax rate is the same alliance, they own 17 out of the 26 sectors. Pretty much all the other ones that aren't part of that alliance have some amount of tax. I honestly don't see why its at 0, when you have the option to put a tax and regain resource's, even just a small tax would help you regain and eventually profit fairly quickly. All the 0% ones are doing is killing the competitive aspect of them. Theres also the matter of battle pay, higher tax means more rescorces and money in the clans/alliances coffers which means the potential for better battle pay when sectors are contested. I doubt we will really see tax rates over around 10-15% and that's really not that much to charge for something you are providing to the masses.

Edited by sirwarriant12

I don't mean to sound rude but I believe the clans/alliances that are making tax free sectors are idiots. They could just be making a bad move but still, with 0 tax they are going to be easily contested and will probably lose due to battle pay. Heck, I believe that rails with 0 tax will be more contested than rails with tax. In order to have a long healthy Solar Rail in the dark sectors it needs to have a good tax and a great battle pay when contested. 

I agree though that their is no purpose in having a solar rail up that has zero tax besides opening up the location for use. With no tax rate you probably won't be supporting your rail for very long, and I won't be either. I agree with sirwarriant also, even just a small amount of tax adds up pretty fast if hundreds or thousands of players go through it. 

Honestly I will be supporting the clans that offer tax compared to the ones that don't because they are the real pricks. 

Well then I guess only time will tell how successful this will be. While your theory might come true, Flakken, it isn't certain. I'm sure few people were expecting about half or more of the Dark Sectors to get snatched up by clans spouting no taxes. Some I've seen declare that they will not tax after their investment has been refunded. I sincerely hope that the tax system and territory control system isn't going to be mucked up by clans or alliances who purposefully defeat the purpose of the system by eliminating taxes.

Personally, I think it is to early to make speculations. At the moment Dark Sectors sound to me like this: 0% tax - another pointless grinding event, eliminating the endgame project; X% taxes - competive grinding, pay to be allowed to grind, endgame = still grinding.

But, before I can judge this system I need to test it out myself and this time will come in ~15-20 hours.

Clan's who have had tax have more money, and therefor can offer better pay to players who fight for them. Would you rather fight for something free and get nothing, or get 150 credits for a 10 credit tax. I'm not sure on the numbers, but that's a good example.

Well then I guess only time will tell how successful this will be. While your theory might come true, Flakken, it isn't certain. I'm sure few people were expecting about half or more of the Dark Sectors to get snatched up by clans spouting no taxes. Some I've seen declare that they will not tax after their investment has been refunded. I sincerely hope that the tax system and territory control system isn't going to be mucked up by clans or alliances who purposefully defeat the purpose of the system by eliminating taxes.

Purpose? What purpose?