Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee 2.0 - Nerf Half Weapons (With Good Charge Attack) Need Rework Damage.

darkenpol

Hello, i see old weapons when before Melee 2.0 have very high charge dmg, and low normal dmg, now is "uselles"

I Think need rework weapons damage, - why reaper prime have the same statistic as Hate but have more attack speed ? = he is better than Hate? I think that every weapon should be different, not stronger as in a normal RPG (except for special versions of prime)

Now half of HEAVY weapons are weak.

Please DE do something with heavy weapons statistics, and others.

Maybe add more damage for Heavy weapons but dont upgrade attack speed, heavy is heavy...

I dont know what can do, but now is not fun when tons of weapons are not good.

Sorry for my weak English, Thanks for read.

Edited by darkenpol

o.O

I disagree. If you get stances and use channelling (which is the point of melee 2.0 and also what divides those that like melee weapons as off-weapons to hit with when close and those that like to be more melee focused) the weapons become really balanced out with the combos and stats given. A heavy weapon might start at smaller base damage than before but end up having a larger margin when built up with the right mods.

1 example off the top of my head, my Dual Kamma is at 1.5 attack speed and 148 slash damage and another 77 elemental damage... And my Jat Kitag is at 1.3 speed, 225 impact damage, and 237 elemental damage... Both builds are done to give channelling damage +120% and full channelling efficiency... How are heavy weapons weak?

If everything is doubled whilst channelling, (I have't gone into the trouble of even finding out actual results on all this) we are talking about 450+ damage on the first and 900+ damage on the second... o.O

Half the heavy weapons are weaker now? How exactly? Also, don't compare the worst heavy weapons to the best one handed or dual weapons, obviously those are weaker. Compare like weapons. A rank 8 weapon (Dragon Nikana) obviously will have more damage than a rank 1 weapon no matter if it is heavy or not. Also, the whole point to the weapons was also the way they played, people still don't get that.... I thought they made it obvious now with this new melee system, and people still don't get that.

It's not the damage alone, it is how a weapon performs and how it fits your style. Does it attack random areas around the player? (like Orthos). Harder to aim, better against groups, larger head-hit chance. Does it move forward while you attack? Does it chain attacks? (Ether daggers). Does it strike 1 or more targets? And now, what kind of combo does it do? CC? Single strong hit? etc etc etc...

Stop looking at weapons with just attack numbers people, it is more than just that!!!!!

edit- these are half finished builds by the way, I still have 13 mod-slots remaining on my hammer.... Just saying.

Edited by HazaRD-WARRIOR

Yes thats true jat kittag is powerfull, but other weapons - NO

look now for Galatine, Hate, gram etc and look this weapons before update 2.0, look now actually this weapons vs Dakra prime, reaper prime, Nami skyla, fang prime, These weapons are not unique, the latter are simply better. lack of balance 

Edited by darkenpol

Yes thats true jat kittag is powerfull, but other weapons - NO

look now for Galatine, Hate, etc and look this weapons before update 2.0, look now actually this weapons vs Dakra prime, reaper prime, Nami skyla, fang prime, These weapons are not unique, the latter are simply better. lack of balance 

I just use lv 28 Reaper Prime (channeling damage 100%, melee damage 120%, fire element to deal with prosecuter - not ideal element) cut lv 50 Grineer into butter. Channeling can be used while performing combo to maximize damage output. All you have to do is maximize channeling damage and put some channel efficiency mod (the old charge attack speed mod) into the weapon and you got the same old charge attack but more fluid and uninterruptible.

Granted that if I didn't use Loki it might not go that far but consider that lv 40 is max AI level on the current map, I think it's a proof that heavy weapon is perfectly viable.

I just use lv 28 Reaper Prime (channeling damage 100%, melee damage 120%, fire element to deal with prosecuter - not ideal element) cut lv 50 Grineer into butter. Channeling can be used while performing combo to maximize damage output. All you have to do is maximize channeling damage and put some channel efficiency mod (the old charge attack speed mod) into the weapon and you got the same old charge attack but more fluid and uninterruptible.

Granted that if I didn't use Loki it might not go that far but consider that lv 40 is max AI level on the current map, I think it's a proof that heavy weapon is perfectly viable.

Yes ! i tell this - Reaper PRIME > HATE  why this weapon must be better ? no sense.

Learn to use the new system, problem solved.

= Delete Galatine, hate and craft other weapons for use.

Edited by darkenpol

Yes ! i tell this - Reaper PRIME > HATE  why this weapon must be better ? no sense.

What are you smoking?

Hate - 9 imapct, 9 puncture, 42 slash damage, 120 spin/wall/leap damage, 0.9 attack speed, 2.0x/10% crit, 15% status, 12 stamina.

Reaper Pr. - 9 imapct, 9 puncture, 42 slash damage, 120 spin/wall/leap damage, 1.1 attack speed, 2.0x/10% crit, 12% status, 12 stamina.

Reaper prime got 0.2 more attack speed than hate. That's 22% increase.

Reaper prime got 3% less status proc. That's 20% decrease.

They are almost identical in this patch.

Cronus: 

Physical Damage 34 Attack Rate 1.25 atks/sec Charge Attacks

Ether Sword:

Attack Rate 1.0 atks/sec

Charge Attacks

Cronus Have better normal statistics, but Ether sword have better Charge attack, but now this is unbalance because Charge dont exist and Cronus is better than Ether sword  Cronus>Ether. 

Edited by darkenpol

Cronus: 

Physical Damage 34 Attack Rate 1.25 atks/sec Charge Attacks

Ether Sword:

Attack Rate 1.0 atks/sec

Charge Attacks

Cronus Have better normal statistics, but Ether sword have better Charge attack, but now this is unbalance because Charge dont exist and Cronus is better than Ether sword  Cronus>Ether. 

Wiki isn't updated.

Codex

Cronus
Impac-10.5
Punct-5.3
Slash-19.2
Total Normal: 35
Spin: 75
Wall: 140
Speed 0.9

Ether Sword
Impac-5.6