Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Am Lost...

GsiZ

It feels like you forgot the ppl that are maybe starting new or starting again.

For me its extrem tough now to know whats going on and where, i got no good explanation for the new melee system or anything else new ingame. I am sure you pronounced it on streams and S#&$ but i didnt watched that so, i hop into the game and i am thinking " cool new melee system"..... how does it work? where do i get some parts? and what for parts? do i need new weapons ???

ALL this and more questions i have atm. But non srsly NON get answered by the game.

I mean do i rly have to read all the patch notes and google the S#&$ out the internet. I think its dump this way why not making a 5 minutes vid that explains all even for re-starter or new players, just when you first lock in after the big patch so everyone would know, ok i have to do this and that and then i get this nice cool lets go .....

And to end this, i am not the guy that doesnt know how to use the internet but i dont want to search for like an hour just to get in touch with new content. You dont have to explain all at once just lead the way, we will find our goal!

yeah , the wikis good for the most part , but getting in a clan helps too , that way you can listen to the 4 or 5 players that are REALLY into this game to rant about the changes for hours on end on TS or Vent ect. 

But really , get into a clan it helps a lot , I'm starting over on the PS4 until the ahem...migration happens...and it sucks without my human spread sheets yapping at me ( helping me ) 

Edited by Soltic

The Wiki is very helpful. This game does not do much hand holding. This forum is also a good place for more specific questions. There are a lot of YouTube videos out there also. The channel from a user named Mogamu is highly suggested for intros and explanations and reviews for weapons. 

You can also utilize the region chat for specific questions if you do not want to wait for answers on the forum. Also, the Primetime and Dev Streams on YouTube are there to explain new content and how the mechanics work. I have been playing for nearly 500 hours. IT does leave a lot up to the user. We were all there, every one of us was new once. This game has a great community that can help but you need to be specific. 

As for the new Melee system. You hold F to equip just your melee. Every Melee weapon has a Stance. This stance is a mod that is dropped by enemies in game. They are rare. It enables you to do combo attacks and charge attacks. Each weapon type, swords, machetes, etc. has their own Stance that has to be equipped. You can still use the melee weapon without a stance, you just cannot do combos. 

If you need to know how to craft weapons, that just takes time. Each system has different component drops, Salvage, Plastids, Morphics, Detonite Ampules, and Orokin Cells to name a few of the more common ones. When on the solar map it tells you which resources drop on that planet. In order to start crafting weapons, you need to play the game to unlock planets with those drops. Get as far as Saturn and Jupiter and you can basically craft everything in game. You go to the market to buy weapon Blueprints, then go to the foundry, then you need to go to the foundry (Anvil Icon on the stop of the screen) and it will tell you crafting components needed to build. Weapons take 12 to 24 hours to craft. 

Then comes Mastery Level. Each weapon or sentinel gives you 100 Mastery Points per level, Warframes give you 200 per level. Each weapon you increase to level 30 will allow you to level up. Forma adds polarity slots and resets the level, if you Forma a weapon it will reset the level to 0 but it will no longer gain you Mastery points. Some weapons are Mastery locked. When you get to level 7 I believe you can use all weapons in the game. 

There are weapons exclusive to the Clan Dojo, if you want those weapons you either need to start your own clan or join one. They require more resources than normal weapons but if you see anyone with laser weapons, those came from the Dojo for the most part. They are not really better than market weapons but are more unique. 

As a veteran player, I still use the Wiki and I read the patch notes, watch the dev streams, and Prime time events on Twitch, (If you watch their Twitch events they actually give out 3 prizes of 1000 platinum each show there are two every week) This game is constantly changing. When they roll out with new things, we all have to learn and adjust as well. 

This game can be very rewarding but I was right there with you when I first started. If you join a good clan there will be people that can help you run things and unlock higher level missions so you can get crafting components. There is a recruiting forum here that I suggest you look at, a lot of clans are always looking for new members. I hope this helps. This is a very welcoming community for the most part and it is always nice to see new players. Welcome. 

Edited by YoreGawd

YoreGawd 

At first thank you for the explanation and the kind words.

And you are right you always have to read dev blogs watch streams or read early patch notes or get in touch with more experienced player to be always into everything. Or to get into a game you have still to read something like the " wiki" but for real?

I mean i dont actually want to  spend that time on reading those pages, thats all wasted time cause, as i sad before, the game devoloper has to make a decision "to explain everything ingame or not" they choosed not too as much other publisher do atm. But that isnt any good . To get new player in touch and may inform even veterans faster just do a short movie about the new stuff, may just stripes of earlier streamed stuff or whatever.

It just has to be more then 3 @(*()$ e-mails from an npc.....(and a big announcment on the launcher with the links to ALL the sites to read ) i would better read a book in this time and learn to build a whole car on my own ...........Dont get me wrong i am reading much about Pc games, every day cause my work is forcing me to do so. But you shouldnt be forced too to all that S#&$ just to start a game cause of new content thats just unfinished work for me, we have to do what they should do , to inform us. AND PLEASE it has also to be more then a post in a Forum. I mean who startet to forget to inform everyone INGAME we dont wont be anywhere else as in the game... i dont want to start a game and then tab out to read S#&$ thats $&*&*#(%&.....

So to end this again, that´s my opinion not more not less.

I found the lack of a tutorial kind of fun.

Trial by fire so to speak.  I have been playing this with my son and he is obsessed with figuring it out.

The only thing that I did not like was getting that crappy GRUSTRAG BOLT on when I was no where near getting the parts. luckily I found some nice Tennos to help me out.

I recently started playing as well, and found the in-game descriptions on nearly EVERYTHING to be horrid, so the first thing I did was look on the wiki for more information. I have no problem with a game relying on its wiki to give information out to players, but I'd wager that a lot of people who are just picking this game up and haven't been heavily into gaming are going to be sitting there going "durh, how does I do dis?". Love the game, love the depth of the mod system, but just simply add something in that will refer people to the wiki for added info if you guys don't wish to expand on the in-game info available.

I recently started playing as well, and found the in-game descriptions on nearly EVERYTHING to be horrid, so the first thing I did was look on the wiki for more information. I have no problem with a game relying on its wiki to give information out to players, but I'd wager that a lot of people who are just picking this game up and haven't been heavily into gaming are going to be sitting there going "durh, how does I do dis?". Love the game, love the depth of the mod system, but just simply add something in that will refer people to the wiki for added info if you guys don't wish to expand on the in-game info available.

So you tried the training section and didn't like it?

I started a long time ago before any of that, so I know WF used to really have no explanation, but I think it's pretty decent now. It's not interactive, but I do think the reliance on the wiki is now gone. The wiki definitely has more info, but it's not needed for new players, or new features. e.g. Melee 2.0 just came out and the training section on that seems to adequately explain it. The only confusing part of it all is that the day U13 came out, the codex entries were not updated yet, so they didn't tell us where stance mods came from. Now the game has been patched to include stance mods in the codex, so as long as you scanned the enemies, it's also easily obtainable info without the use of the wiki.

So you tried the training section and didn't like it?

I started a long time ago before any of that, so I know WF used to really have no explanation, but I think it's pretty decent now. It's not interactive, but I do think the reliance on the wiki is now gone. The wiki definitely has more info, but it's not needed for new players, or new features. e.g. Melee 2.0 just came out and the training section on that seems to adequately explain it. The only confusing part of it all is that the day U13 came out, the codex entries were not updated yet, so they didn't tell us where stance mods came from. Now the game has been patched to include stance mods in the codex, so as long as you scanned the enemies, it's also easily obtainable info without the use of the wiki.

Nice attempt.

I'm referring to things as basic as damage done by warframe abilities, CC times on abilities, ability range,  the actual basis on weapon accuracy (versus the counter-intuitive higher is better, except lower on semi autos which are neigh exempted from the rule).

Little things that I'm used to seeing in other games' descriptions of skills and weapons.

I was super lost too. Thankfully I had a good group of people that helped explain how things worked for me. I understand that it should be on DE to explain things to new players, unfortunately many of us have been around for awhile, and I think sometimes DE forgets about new players. Many of us that are active in the community in various ways, are always requesting new content that I think DE overlooks those less vocal in the community. 

Try to find a clan, or better yet maybe a friend, who can help you get started. If you need help getting to a planet for certain components, there are a number of mid and upper level players willing to help out new players in the recruiting tab in game. It seems daunting at first and it often felt like I was just getting thrown in the deep end. 

When I first started, I did not know where to go on the map so I always got left behind in groups that are used to speed running, the starter weapons are so terrible that when I did unlock more planets, I was doing little to no damage. I did not know how the reactors or catalysts worked, I had no idea what Alert missions were so I often ignored them. It was a very frustrating experience.

I try to every once in awhile, go to lower level systems and help out new players when I can. I also provide what is called a "Taxi" in chat to get players to alert missions they do not yet have unlocked. There are a lot of really good people out there willing to help. This is a co-op game. It is not about being better than everyone, but about helping others improve to be productive team mates.