Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Does My Crystal Have A 20Min Life?

Jumba255

Question

I thought that it said they have a half-life of one day but the crystals I have are only 20min

Edit* I had just earned the crystal in the mission before I checked and it was only about 5 min not 2 days ago.

Edited by Jumba255

11 answers to this question

it seems widely variable, ive gotten around 25 so far, ive seen them tick over and start counting down from 3 hours or longer, ive never seen one with more than 10h on its countdown, that includes my first one which started at around 7hours

not really an issue as you cant stockpile it, i just gather as i need

They usually have about five hours for me. Anyway, it was confirmed in the hot topics that the use of the term half-life was a lie, they are each supposed to last for 24 hours.

If it were a half-life then the stack would halve every 24 hours, but the decay rate of a crystal would be dependant on the amount owned.

.... I think mine was bugged because 3 out of the 4 I had i used on the nikana and now they say 23hrs and I have 4 again. 

Thanks a bunch DE :)

EDIT* the foundry for the nikana is still in progress so its not like they canceled it either

Edited by Jumba255

FTLOG stop calling it a half life people.

Half-life might be an accurate term,however. What if the radioactivity of the crystal is what's sough when using it,and after one half-life period,it decays to the point of uselessness?

They usually have about five hours for me. Anyway, it was confirmed in the hot topics that the use of the term half-life was a lie, they are each supposed to last for 24 hours.

If it were a half-life then the stack would halve every 24 hours, but the decay rate of a crystal would be dependant on the amount owned.

Actually, if it was a half-life, the RNG would roll for each of them, and each individual crystal would have a 50% chance of decaying each day.

Half-life might be an accurate term,however. What if the radioactivity of the crystal is what's sough when using it,and after one half-life period,it decays to the point of uselessness?

"Half-life" literally means the time taken for exactly half of it to decay.