Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Small Dark Sector Balance Idea

DJ_Redwire

So as the Dark Sectors have become a reality, we've seen that there are some issues regarding balancing it in a multitude of ways, everything for population to economy. 

Right now, it is easy to see that the system is a little broken, particularly in regards to rail costs. Now this idea is not about rail costs necessarily, as it would be rather difficult to change that at this point. No, this idea regards an area of the Dark Sectors that can still be subject to change and not screw over various clans and alliances. 

It is very simple. The lower your tax is, the weaker your rail is and the less damage it can sustain before being destroyed.

This would help to null the rather silly economic standards that have been set by not a single alliance or clan having a tax whatsoever, as to even have a 1% tax makes it so you're automatically undercut by the opposition. It may not fix the whole problem, but we have to start somewhere or else Dark Sectors was just a big waste of development time and resources.  

Are the first Rails even deployed? You can't really say anythng about the whole thing without giving the players the opportunity to experience this new part of the game. Until now nobody knows, if those zero tax rails can really hold themselves...

Give them at least a week to see how everything works...the community can be an unpreditable beast that has to be observed.

Edited by lukshu

Man, have any of the rails even finished constructing?

Even though I'm guessing you probably meant deploying, I'll answer this directly anyway.

My own alliance has about 25 rails constructed and ready to go, just as an example. 

Edited by DJ_Redwire