The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jaw Sword Downgraded From Puncture To Slash.

Coerrywuas

Where is the sense in that? Tenno can already use tons of different slash swords/ weapons and now another a former great puncture weapon became just like the majority of the other ones: a stupid SLASH sword. I only built the Jaw Sword because of its good puncture damage and thanks to the lastest patches, now it lines up with 999999999999 other slash melee weapons. -.-

So now we only have Fang (+primed version), Ceramic and Heat Dagger left that deal puncture damage? Is this correct? Devs seriously have to have a look at this.

Maybe I should start all over, creating a more unspecific thread with sth. like "Downfall of puncture melee weapons"? You guys agree?

Edited by MediumRange

Just noticed my old Dark Dagger is doing radiation damage now. Is that the same case for the sword?

Probably. A corrosive + radiation melee would be killer. Probably its damage type will make up for low base dmg as well. Also you can add more elemental or other mods becauss rending strike and jagged edge are obsolete.

Edited by Cemges

Hehehe be thankful you didnt build, level, potato and forma a Jaw Sword when damage 2.0 hit and DE gave it a 50% base stat chance, only to remove it a WEEK later.

Not sure if I'm glad that I'm not the only one who did that or even more sad.