Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Identity Of The Tenno Spectres Are....

ZephyrPhantom

The Tenno of the clans defending the rails!

No, really - it seems that in the mix of buffed Corrupted Units that defend the rails, "Spectres" of clan members on an existing rail are created and fight with an improved Stalker AI. Assuming that this is similar to certain other MMOs, they're based on the build you last left on when you logged out, alternatively, the builds are entirely random but generally involve use of high-power weapons like the Soma to keep the pressure on. Builds are randomly generated. For the weapons the Spectres can spawn with, see below.

They died too fast to get a screenshot but I managed to get a few scans in. :D

Some other important details:

1) Spectres of the same member can appear multiple times - I'll thank the Link-spamming Trinity with the Soma for teaching me that - it's also possible for the same Spectre to appear twice in the same room - I've had instances where two identical Spectres would appear right behind a door and open fire.

2) Spectres can revive each other.

3) They taunt you in the mission intro. - I know this seems like a small thing, but the fact that DE bothered to animate the Tenno taunting each other is such a nice touch.

4) They use skills, parry attacks, take cover, and in general seem to be able to adapt to your attack strategies. From the looks of it, they're actually smarter  than the Stalker is.

Existing Spectres (+ General Strategy):

Volt (Uses Electric Shield as cover.)

Frost (Ideally should be casting Snow Globe, but user reports indicate Frost only uses the cast animation and doesn't actually create a Globe.)

Rhino (Intially casts Iron Skin, may use Rhino Charge instead)

Excalibur (Have had user reports of Excalibur Spectre using Radial Blind similar to Alad V's blind attack. If you have sensitive eyes, take these guys out first.)

Trinity (Watch out for Link. You will oneshot yourself if you're not paying attention.)

Loki (The AI knows how to use Invisibility + Switch Teleport and uses it WELL. Beware being dropped in front of Heat Lasers and into crowds of enemies. Occasionally casts decoy, too, but since it uses the normal decoy graphic you shouldn't be fooled. Uses Radial Disarm, which at the minimum will disarm your sentinel.)

Ember (Uses powerful Fireball spam.)

Generated Weapons:

Primary : Braton, Soma, Hek

Secondary : Lato, Aklato

Melee : Skana, Scindo, Dual Skana

EDIT: A little extra - in one of the rooms where you disable the rails, look for a long drop down. It leads to a secret room full of Void containers that may drop mods.

Edited by ZephyrPhantom

DId you see the boss at the start of the mission challenging us? Not sure whether that's the clan warlords name but the graphic is awesome.

Also the Specters are OP as **** I cringed when one used blessing and link like a baws. Its like fighting fire with fire, only fire here is tenno.

DE gets my full credit for the work they put into those AI, coz they're hard to beat on solo with an unranked build, but also because they can adapt quite well - Learned that the hard way

Finally, can someone try fighting a hydroid specter and getting  a screenshot?

So my question is: are the Tenno actually at war with and killing each other? Or are these spectres just strange Orokin clones of the tenno in the opposing clan?

Most likely clones, I don't remember normal Tenno shimmering. :P

Also, if anyone took Dread/Despair/Hate and went Stalker on these guys, I salute you. :3

Has anyone seen any Tenno outside of the Original 8 roster? I am seeing tons of volt, frost, rhino, trinity, and excalibur, but that's it.

I've seen an occasional Loki and Saryn appear, but otherwise nothing beyond that.

EDIT : Just got an Ember, too.

Edited by ZephyrPhantom

Double checking myself, I'm not so sure about the Saryn, could've been an Ember instead, so I put a (?) next to it on the OP.

EDIT : Turns out if you just keep spamming the Codex Entry  for Spectre, you can see what weapons and Tenno are available. There definitely is no Saryn as far as I've seen.

Edited by ZephyrPhantom

So far I have been switch teleported 3 times into laser traps and died all 3 times. Bloody Loki/s.

I honestly fell over laughing the first time it happened. I though what are the odds? There is no way DE programmed them to do that...

Then it happened twice more in the mission from different Loki specters and i spent a good minute rubbing the bridge of my nose in annoyance.

So my question is: are the Tenno actually at war with and killing each other? Or are these spectres just strange Orokin clones of the tenno in the opposing clan?

I believe it's more like the second. All the Tenno I just fought had the same colour scheme, it's unlikely all those players used it on purpose.

From the looks of things, both in-game and via codex spamming the entry. It appears the Spectres can appear as the original 8 roster, and their loadouts consist of Braton/Hek/Soma as primaries, and Skana/Dual Skana/Scindo as melee weapons, and Lato/Aklato as Secondaries.

Edited by 43Emprah

I believe it's more like the second. All the Tenno I just fought had the same colour scheme, it's unlikely all those players used it on purpose.

The generated Tenno have nothing to do with clan member/appearance/loadouts. It simply randomly selects a Clan member's name, and applies it to a randomly generated Spectre.

Just got all 5 scans for the Spectres - seems like they don't drop mods, either.

Also currently learning how well the AI knows Switch Teleport (Read : Getting placed in front of lasers and enemy crowds.)

Discovered a new secret room, which I added directions on how to find at the bottom of the post.

EDIT : Adding the general skill usages of each Spectre as I go.

Edited by ZephyrPhantom

Heck yeah! Finally a real challenge! (beacause of smart AI that can do what you do, not beacause of high level enemies oneshotting you)

I shall be a lone tenno fighting other tenno as I've dreamed of since I first started playing!

PS: This reminds me of the feeling I got when I found enemy NPC's in the Darkroot Garden in Dark Souls. :3

Edited by Rawnrawn