Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Sector Conflict - Spectres

Arunafeltz

We may have lost our loyalty to one another and engaged in petty conflicts over resources, but I still think we should keep our honour. When defeating the Spectres in conflicts, they should kneel down to admit their defeat, then phase out in a blast of energy that reflects the Phased nature of their skins. That would look a lot more dignified than flopping down onto the ground and waiting for another Spectre to revive them.

Also, could it be made such that when there is a Spectre nearby, drawing your melee weapon would prompt them that you are challenging them to an honourable melee duel and cause them to use their melee weapons only? Then if the Tenno switches back to their guns, they may do likewise.

Good Idea!
Somehow reminds me of shadow Link ^^
But sounds awesome.. But when i attack them with melee they only block my attacks and than they run out of stamina they attack me with melee.
Ok when im out of melee range they shoot at me... 

That...actually sounds like a good idea.  I'll admit, it's bloody bizarre to be running a Rail Sabotage mission, round a corner away from some smoking MOA chases, and bump right into another Tenno, who's shooting at you.  Frankly, the idea would be a total nightmare from a programmer's point of view, but it would at least let us keep the semblance of dignity we have left.  Seriously, I will be extremely impressed if I get in even a single mission of Dark Sector Defense before some nutcases decide to make another power grab, however misguidedly altruistic.

We may have lost our loyalty to one another and engaged in petty conflicts over resources, but I still think we should keep our honour. When defeating the Spectres in conflicts, they should kneel down to admit their defeat, then phase out in a blast of energy that reflects the Phased nature of their skins. That would look a lot more dignified than flopping down onto the ground and waiting for another Spectre to revive them.

Also, could it be made such that when there is a Spectre nearby, drawing your melee weapon would prompt them that you are challenging them to an honourable melee duel and cause them to use their melee weapons only? Then if the Tenno switches back to their guns, they may do likewise.

good idea

but 1 question.

if you draw your melee weapon. and theres 4 of you in your party. what does the spector do? keep the gun for the 3 party members aiming guns at him.

or draw melee for the 1 using melee

This could cause an a AI trolling-cycle where one player faces the Spectre and repeatedly switches weapons to "stun-lock" it in a weapon-cycling loop, leaving the other 3 players to mercilessly mow it down with guns blazing.

It's what I would do.

Edited by ALDO

Welp. Just came back from stir-frying some noodles.

Thanks for the comments, Tenno. For the 'melee-duel' part, that may probably only work with Solo missions I suppose. Either that or the Spectres would only switch to melee once, repeating the gesture won't cause them to switch to melee again(don't wanna complicate things)