Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Boss Concept] Another Infested Boss, The Relentless Ravager

FoxFX

From my last Fan Concept, I have stated that there is a lack in diversity of Infested Bosses, so I'd like to add in a third boss along with my 2 other bosses Afflict and Decrepit. This boss is unique because this is one of the few bosses I have made that has its own finisher attack that can be countered.

Lore:

Scout: We got a report saying one of your labs have been overrun by the infested.

Lord Regor: what is the status of the samples?

Scout: they're all either dead, infested or missing.

Lord Regor: what about the experimental prototype of the Heavy Gunner.

Scout: it has been mutated into this...unstoppable monstrosity. this so called "Ravager".

Lord Regor: what actions have you taken.

Scout: We have sent our heaviest firepower to put an end to our brothers* predicament, but the "Ravager" is almost impervious to damage. none of our brethren has the strength to dispatch them.

Lord Regor: Call them back.

Scout: Sir?

Lord Regor: our Brother may still serve a purpose to us, let's see if those Tenno scum can fare any better than we do.

Ravager

Unlike any of the Infested-Grineer that turn into Chargers, this is a hulk-like Infested created from a Heavy Gunner. Due to Tyl Regor's engineering of this prototype Grineer, the Ravager's vital spots is encased in a special alloy which is impervious to any firepower you can muster up. It's attacks consist of a relentless charging attack which can kill a Tenno with one hit if not careful enough, as well as some jumping attacks and creating a miasma field.

Stats:

2000 damage to inflict to its head 1st stage

2500 damage to inflict to its head 2nd stage

3000 damage to inflict to its head 3rd stage

100 Alloy Armor

Abilities:

Stampede: Ravager opens up his Grineer helmet revealing its bright green weakspot: its head for around a few seconds. He then closes its helmet and rushes in a straight line with incredible speed (similar to Rhino's 1st skill) dealing 600 Damage to anything that gets in its way. It closes up its helmet after hitting either the wall or a Tenno. This attack during the 3rd stage creates a track of gas that lingers for a short duration.

Rock Throw (2nd and 3rd stage only): Ravager grabs the ground and throws a fast moving rock on a Tenno for 200 Damage which can knockdown any Tenno in the path. During the 3rd stage, Ravager may sometimes throw a rock coated with 100% chance Gas fumes.

Jump and Smash (2nd and 3rd stage only): Ravager jumps a long distance toward an enemy then slams down for a huge radial attack inflicting 150 damage and knocks down any Tenno within the blast. During 3rd Stage, this can sometimes create a gas field that last for a short duration.

Grab and Crack (Counterable Finisher Attack, 2nd and 3rd Stage only): Ravager does a short lunge to any nearby Tenno and grabs one of their arm to hold. He then tried to punch the Tenno's head off with his free arm to inflict 150 Finisher Damage to the Tenno ignoring the Tenno's armor and shield. A Tenno can counter this attack by simply pressing a set of directional keys shown when grabbed before 3 seconds passes. If the Tenno succeeds in pressing the correct directions within the 3 seconds, a new animation occurs where the Tenno instantly kicks the Ravager's head before connecting the punch and this leaves the Ravager stunned and its weakpoint exposed for a short amount of time.

Toxic Charge (3rd Stage only): Ravager spews out a miasma gas from its body which lasts for a short duration of around 15-20 seconds. While the skill is active, all of ravager's attack (excluding Grab and Crack), will have the property of inflicting gas damage. Ravager opens up his Grineer Helmet revealing its weakspot.

Strategy: Note: you can only damage this boss by hitting the vital spots explained. The main idea of this boss fight is to inflict enough damage to its exposed bright green head so that his real vital weakspot is revealed: the 3 appendages on its back. Once you inflict enough damage tot he head, Ravager goes down for a short while where you are suppose to move to Ravager's back and press "E" to do a special finisher animation that has the Tenno pull out one of the appendages (each remaining appendages indicate which stage of the boss fight you are in). To win, pull all 3 appendages. As you can see, the two ways you can stun the boss to pull out the appendages are to shoot its head when using Toxic Charge/Stampede, or when successfully countering Ravager's special Finisher Attack "Grab and Crack".

Quotes:

(Before fighting the boss)

Lotus: Tenno, the Ravager will become almost impossible to damage with Tyl Regor's advanced alloy installed into his once prized lab rat. Look for an opening when its about to do an attack.

Lotus: According to Tyl Regor's lab report, this "Ravager" has genetically altered his lastest gene repair formula into a highly poisonous substance that has proved lethal to Grineer biology. Be wary, Tenno.

Ravager: Help...me...Tenno. I can't...control...my body.

(During the fight)

Ravager: Put me...out of...my misery! I wish...not to dishonor...my brothers any...further...with this...disgusting form!!

Ravager: IT HURST...TENNO!!...KILL ME!!!

(Defeating the boss)

Ravager: You may have the power to stop the vessels, but our spirits live on. Soon, [player name], you will join us.

Update: added Edgedemon's version of the lore. Thank you Edgedemon.

Edited by FoxFX

i like the grab and release idea but lore that makes grineer sound weird, i would change it from a report to a conversation kinda

Scout: We got a report saying one of your labs have been overrun by the infested.

Scout: they're all either dead, infested  or missing.

Lord Regor:  what about the experimental prototype of the Heavy Gunner.

Scout: it has been mutated into this...unstoppable monstrosity.  this so called "Ravager".

Scout: We have sent our heaviest firepower to put an end to our brothers* predicament, but the "Ravager" is almost impervious to damage. none of our brethren has the strength to dispatch them.

Lord Regor: our Brother may still serve a purpose to us, let's see if those Tenno scum can fare any better than we do.

i like the grab and release idea but lore that makes grineer sound weird, i would change it from a report to a conversation kinda

Scout: We got a report saying one of your labs have been overrun by the infested.

Scout: they're all either dead, infested  or missing.

Lord Regor:  what about the experimental prototype of the Heavy Gunner.

Scout: it has been mutated into this...unstoppable monstrosity.  this so called "Ravager".

Scout: We have sent our heaviest firepower to put an end to our brothers* predicament, but the "Ravager" is almost impervious to damage. none of our brethren has the strength to dispatch them.

Lord Regor: our Brother may still serve a purpose to us, let's see if those Tenno scum can fare any better than we do.

Thanks for your input. I guess my initial lore does sound a bit off.

your original report makes me think the writer cares about their comrades and even more hes willing to rely on the Tenno. 

i see the grineer like a council trapped in dog eat dog power struggle.

so i wanted to express coldness and lack of interest for the fallen while trying to make use of the failure. after all they are disposable assets.

also adding the weakness in the description is weird.

your original report makes me think the writer cares about their comrades and even more hes willing to rely on the Tenno.

i see the grineer like a council trapped in dog eat dog power struggle.

so i wanted to express coldness and lack of interest for the fallen while trying to make use of the failure. after all they are disposable assets.

also adding the weakness in the description is weird.

Thank you again for your support. I rarely ever get much people to read out my Fan Concepts or Suggestions.

Btw, how is my idea of giving bosses this "Counterable Finisher Attack" idea?

Edited by FoxFX

I also would like to make a new Concept about Hidden Void Bosses. A boss found only by using special keys that are accessed to the Void. These bosses are what you would call actually big/difficult bosses with high enough health and can only be fought within a 12~24 hours after each attempt.

Very nice, i really like the idea. :)

Where do you think this boss should be Located? (Wispers Void or the upcoming Infested planet) Well i think J3 Golem is going to be the Infested planets boss. XD

Edited by Feallike

Very nice, i really like the idea. :)

Where do you think this boss should be Located? (Wispers Void or the upcoming Infested planet) Well i think J3 Golem is going to be the Infested planets boss. XD

Since the Infested Boss Phorid now only appears during Invasion missions, I thought this boss could pose as an alternative boss in that mission as well where sometimes you get Phorid, or this one. But I did hear about the new incoming infested planet so that could be a viable spot to put this boss in.

• 2 weeks later...