Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Enemy Ai Like The Dark Sector Tenno's Please!

Senketsu_

id love to see grineer taking cover.... then suddenly all focusing fire on one specific person.... or all of them chucking granades at once at one person.... or heavy gunner grineers rushing you just to knock you down to then spray you while youre down....

What the other guy means is that he'd like to see the current Grineer A.I. replaced or meshed with the A.I. the Tenno Spectres use (aka make the Grineer smarter, and thus more challenging.)

yeah It was kind of hard for me to get that XD total blonde moment. but yeah that would be awesome. AI 2.0 anyone :3

Edited by Senketsu_

yeah It was kind of hard for me to get that XD total blonde moment. but yeah that would be awesome. AI 2.0 anyone :3

You'll be happy to hear that work is being done by a few of the less-well-known devs at DE on the AI; they spoke about it a while ago to the Design Council. I wouldn't be surprised if the Tenno Spectre AI was a trial run or proof-of-concept for some of their improvements. 

They did also state that game AI, especially in a game like this, is kinda tricky. In a lot of games the AI is tailored to levels that are pre-designed. Designing AI that can accommodate the myriad ways in which a procedurally generated tileset can look is quite the task, apparently. So while I like the idea of new AI, it could take a while :)

You'll be happy to hear that work is being done by a few of the less-well-known devs at DE on the AI; they spoke about it a while ago to the Design Council. I wouldn't be surprised if the Tenno Spectre AI was a trial run or proof-of-concept for some of their improvements. 

They did also state that game AI, especially in a game like this, is kinda tricky. In a lot of games the AI is tailored to levels that are pre-designed. Designing AI that can accommodate the myriad ways in which a procedurally generated tileset can look is quite the task, apparently. So while I like the idea of new AI, it could take a while :)

I'm really glad to hear that! :D

And they shall become well known soon enough. I would personally love an AI Q&A section of a devstream.

AI 2.0 definitely needs to be the next 2.0 project. Especially since they are getting to the point of making endgame content.

AI improvement would not change much, simply because can kill 100 mobs in one second. No matter on which level mob intelligence is.

What we need are some tweaks to game mechanics, because what would improved AI do if you can kill them almost instantly?