Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Is There No Infested Sugatra?

Adumu

Suffice to say, I believe we need an Infested themed Sugatra. We have one for Corpus, Orokin, Grineer and Tenno.

This is good coverage for sure, but we're missing Infested. Why do I feel we need an Infested Sugatra? Because there is a lab entirely dedicated to biological looking, evil looking, -alive- looking monstrosities we call Bio Lab weapons.

Scoliac, Dual Ichor? Mire Longsword? I'd love to put danglies on these weapons, and I DO use the Pazza for them, but it'd look so much better if there was an infested sugatra that matched these better.

What could it look like? A long string of sinewy material with spikes on it's sides is one possibility. Possibly a flat "ribbon" of sorts with glowing pods strewn throughout it.

Maybe a double helix with little beating "hearts" around it, kind of like the Dual Ichor.

... Basically just make it creepy and match Infested items. 

Thing is the Sugatra are decorations created by a group of intelligent beings that are (or were, like the Orokin) socially organized.

Infested aren't organized, nor have a society, nor even use weapons. It doesn't make sense, unfortunetely, to have an Infested Sugatra.

Well, I suppose that makes sense. I wasn't aware of any actual story behind the existence of the Sugatras actually, I just figured they were added decorations without any real impact on the lore.

Thing is the Sugatra are decorations created by a group of intelligent beings that are (or were, like the Orokin) socially organized.

Infested aren't organized, nor have a society, nor even use weapons. It doesn't make sense, unfortunetely, to have an Infested Sugatra.

Since there are infested and infested hybrid weapons in clan tech, it's pretty safe to assume the Tenno could work out an infestedy widget to hang off their weapons.

In my version of the lore I believe sugatras are fashioned from trappings of looted remains of the various factions, aside from the Orokin and the Tenno who actually designed their sugatras and established the tradition of using them. So tacking on a small shred of infested meat to a larger weaponized rod/hunk/gob of infested meat doesn't seem that far out of the question.