Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee Needs Some Changes

Hallowieners

I was doing ODD earlier and Sound Quake was actually a bad idea to use because after a bit Ancients ran right through it and just knocked me down. It seems that enemies could walk right through it if they were never touched by the original casting. Which i didnt think it was possible with her because this ability has constant damage rather than one big hit.

I was doing ODD earlier and Sound Quake was actually a bad idea to use because after a bit Ancients ran right through it and just knocked me down. It seems that enemies could walk right through it if they were never touched by the original casting. Which i didnt think it was possible with her because this ability has constant damage rather than one big hit.

Some enemies seem to outright ignore SQ's stagger effect, which is odd. Seekers are guilty of this.

Silence is bad. Plain bad. I hate the excuse that scott gave that it will be useful for stealth, because :

1. Stealth is not adequately in the game now.

2. There are mods for weapons that achieve the same end as silence.

3. There are more silent weapons about (bows and kunai.

Silence is simply outdated and needs replacing. Perhaps a fast casting utility that dazes the enemy in a radius, a shriek, would synergise with sonar for easy pickings.

Sonic boom and sonar are perfect for me. Sonic boom however could use a little something to make it unique. Maybe on the final quake enemies are knocked high into the air?

Also? Stop sound quake from destroying lights, it doesn't help her ult but it nerfs volts.

Sonic boom should just be a reverse of Mags pull.

Silence should be removed and replaced with the opposite, a duration based CC of ear shattering noise that hinders the opposition.

Sonar should should ping all enemies in range, display their points on the map display their weak points permanently after the ability is used.

Sound quake should have a much larger range, she shouldn't be immobile during it's use and should do more damage.

Sonic boom should just be a reverse of Mags pull.

Silence should be removed and replaced with the opposite, a duration based CC of ear shattering noise that hinders the opposition.

Sonar should should ping all enemies in range, display their points on the map display their weak points permanently after the ability is used.

Sound quake should have a much larger range, she shouldn't be immobile during it's use and should do more damage.

well, i don't like your suggestions for a couple of reasons:

1. I would prefer sonic boom to have its own unique mechanic rather than just be mag's pull in reverse.

2. Sonar is already easy to use as it is, no reason to change.

3. That would make sound quake just another CC skill that you pop once and watch enemies get stunned/die.

I have nothing to say about silence for now, but it should have a secondary effect since stealth is pretty bad in Warframe...

Isn't Sonar, even with intensify and blind rage, inferior to MolPrime combined with Antimatter drop? AMD multiplies absorbed damage by 4, and MP goes on to multiply that by 2 for a total of 8x damage. Additionally, AMD hits multiple enemies, and can stack with other AMDs for even greater damage multiplication. Im saying this as a Banshee user who hasn't ever built Nova: If I could only recruit one damage dealing frame to a super high duration/level mission, Id recruit Nova. Either prevent AMDs from stacking, or give Sonar some advantage over AMD + MolPrime.

Edited by avenger5

As a player with many of the game's warframes, including banshee, rhino prime, mag prime, and nova, the truth is that banshee is indeed lacking. Her sonic boom is mainly useful for the knockdown, and mag's pull is much better than the former thanks to the greater range and much greater damage.

Like mentioned above, sonar can be eclipsed by a nova with MP + AMP with range mods like overextended + stretch. You do 8x damage + the explosions from the mprime across a very large area. Both require some degree of skill to pull off, but the nova combo is easier because shooting at the AMP ball for a second or two is much easier than trying to focus on glowing bits which are moving on moving enemies, plus sometimes the glowy bits are in weird places to hit or are hidden by other body parts.

Silence is easily eclipsed by the presence of silent weapons and by other stealth abilities like Loki's invisibility.

I love sound quake's visuals and sound effects, but as a power it's easily eclipsed by rhino stomp. They both achieve the same thing: do damage and put enemies out of commission for a duration of time. They both even have the same base range. The difference is that a rhino can move around after stomping while a banshee has to remain immobile and vulnerable for the entire duration of the soundquake.

So to summarize, yeah banshee needs some love.

PS: For some reason the forum says I'm a novice. I'm actually rank 9.

Edited by (PS4)Incarmine