Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Emergency Extraction

ensignvidiot

I think i have a winning system for dealing with Trolls, Idiots, and Griefers.

So, currently we have:

Novas/Valks/Lokis keeping people from extraction

Vauban Bouncepadmadness. Enough said.

A LOLIMSOAWSUM running around with 1 of the 4 data masses, stopping extraction

Ramp/Door heroes in MD and Defense

People who Afk at spawn for invasions

People who Afk at extraction for survival (i only count the people that dont bother to type/say a legitimate excuse)

"MasterRace" spec Lokis remaining invisible for as long as possible during Defense/Survival

People who intentionally decompress rooms at every opportunity

Low Level Frames on outer-rim planets, who are angry at you for not picking them up every 10 seconds

X Frame players that demand you listen to them, just because they are playing frame X. (Im a TRINITY you should be THANKFUL that i remember to bless!)

People that refuse to mind the objective (Fight in this room in survival so the Nekros can Desc. Mind the pod/terminal, dont rush on exterminate unless the room is cleared, etc)

kids that hit "continue fighting" and click over to "Claim and Exit" at the last second

Fischer Price Modems, and people that are hosting out of their Region

I think it about covers the list of reasons why veteran players avoid PUGs

So, we cant do a Vote-kick system, because that can be abused by the above. We can't give the host the ability to do so for the same reason, so i though we could have Emergency Extraction.

It requires 2 things:

The mission objective has been completed to the point that extraction is available

(All four terminals hacked, 5 minutes mark, wave 5)

You can get within 1 tile of extraction

(it may be difficult with a troll blocking you, but this is to prevent abuse of the system)

Should both be met, in the menu, in addition to "quit mission" you will have "Emergency Extraction" available to be selected.

This will cost 1 revive to perform, however will count as a full mission complete. You will keep all rewards you have earned up to that point (to the last 5 wave mark for Defense), it will count as a complete (for the purposes of your profile, and invasions), and you wont have to be bothered with whatever unruly behavior you had to deal with.

While you suffered through the mission with the Troll, you can at least keep your hard earned reward if she/he/they are keeping you from leaving. Ragequitting now will cost you only 1 revive in extange for keeping everything.

This also allows people that dont feel comfortable (or unable) to stay for 30/45/60 minutes in survival

This system is just to give power to the individual, since noone else has the power to do anything to anyone, there is little room for abuse. You still need to be CLOSE to extraction, so you cant kill the boss then leave. The mission objective still has to be completed, so you cant rush a Dark Sector Conflict down. And this costs you a Revive each time, so its not something you can spam all the time.

Edited by ensignvidiot

I just wish if things don't work the way you want it to, you would have the option to leave the party, but stay within the same mission. Like you leave the game but not to the solar system map, just to a single solo party, then you can re-invite the members who weren't messing around. 

This method would only work if the game could allow invites to be seen whether you are in-game. 

That way you wouldn't have to lose a revive and still get to keep all the loot. 

Edited by zat-bust

While I do think it's a good idea, there are a couple flaws:

1. Trolls can just battle on, then Emergency Extract immediately in Defense missions.

2. If you can make it to one room away from extraction, why wouldn't you be able to extract as normal? I've never seen or heard of groups of trolls (Would that be a herd of trolls? A murder of trolls? A fury of trolls?), which means that if you can make it to extract then you can extract.

While I do think it's a good idea, there are a couple flaws:

1. Trolls can just battle on, then Emergency Extract immediately in Defense missions.

2. If you can make it to one room away from extraction, why wouldn't you be able to extract as normal? I've never seen or heard of groups of trolls (Would that be a herd of trolls? A murder of trolls? A fury of trolls?), which means that if you can make it to extract then you can extract.

1. you are right, it doesnt penalize them. Giving players the power to do that would lead to insane abuse of the system, all it gives you is a quick way out of the game with the idiot in question.

2. You are familiar with the "trident" room that is right before extraction in grineer galleon? Imagine that last down-ramp COVERED wall-to wall, in bouncepads on both sides. Attempting to sprint-flying kick through it was twicky, and immensly timeconsuming.

i've also had Nova's do the same thing with a wall of Wormholes. Yes it gives the trolls  a new room to troll with, however the room preceeding extraction is generally bigger and presents more room to maneuver in. Its not 100% fool proof, not by a long shot. But its either that or a 50-100m minimum distance instead. Though TBH im not which which one would work better.

What about when you're trying to fight Jackal, but can't since one person is being a derp and won't even enter the boss room to start the fight :u

unless you got a crazy amount of affinity, or you have an insane drop, you havent lost anything because the mission isnt completed yet.

Hmm, i didnt really think about Jack... most other bosses start when at least 3/4 or 2/3 people are in the boss areana.

Im not too sure what to do in that situation (admittedly, i just solo him now)

Edited by ensignvidiot

I like your ideas. I've never experienced a troll/griefer, thankfully, and only a couple AFKs.

I hate to admit it, but it's time: I once went AFK for the second half of an invasion because my cat knocked over an (unlit) candle and vomited on it.

I like your ideas. I've never experienced a troll/griefer, thankfully, and only a couple AFKs.

I hate to admit it, but it's time: I once went AFK for the second half of an invasion because my cat knocked over an (unlit) candle and vomited on it.

Cats, and... ummm...   wat.

Did you at least type a quick "brb afk" or something in chat?

Thats really the only issue i ever have with Afkers. They say nothing so i assume they are just leeching