Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Way To Help The Solo Players?

Yes, I am a solo player. Yes, I am FAR from good enough to proficiently doing everything on my own

BUT...I like Warframe enough to bear with some of the frustration stemming from playing by myself

then yesterday I was reading an article about an unrelated game and the proverbial light bulb went off...

what if DE allowed solo players to use their spare warframes as AI controlled companions for solo games -and only solos- (like Evolve is going to do)?

I mean I have an Excalibur I do not use, it would serve a better purpose helping me our on a defense mission than just sitting there collecting nanospore dust no?

just throwing the idea there. What do you think?

Edited by (PS4)DropzOfCrimzon

Is it too much to ask to play with other people?

1: yes, I enjoy experiencing my games alone, not wanting to share my wind down time with others should not be looked down upon

2: I find myself having to pause the game a LOT because I need to take care of things happening in the background, I would be more detrimental to a group than anything.

Specters have better AI then normal enemies!

Stalker.... He has the best AI in the game, maybe Grustrag has almost as good AI as him. XD

well then there you go....I am not saying "make the AI Tennos invincible or Deep-Blue level tacticians" but Specter level sounds decent no? Edited by (PS4)DropzOfCrimzon

well then there you go....I am not saying "make the AI Tennos invincible or Deep-Blue level tacticians" but Specter level sounds decent no?

s\

To be honest i would like having SPecters on my side, but they would need a better AI because when fighting a boss they would run in there like idiots and get blasted to death. XD

General Sargent Ruk, Krill, Lephantis, etc. say hi with there weakpoints. -.-

How about, hiring mercenary AI to fight for you, but you'd need credits for that and requests form to be made in 3days or smth like that?

somekind of a sortie type of AI mercenaries to fight for you,

and will be only available if you want to play solo.

i mean, OP has a point,

theres alot of people here in warframe do want to play solo mainly because they want to,

and because of these nitiwts on pubs. besides, the introduction of tenno spectre made way for me to think that this idea is totally possible

its awesome dont you think? d.e. just holding back on good ideas like these

Edited by Ritchel

s\

To be honest i would like having SPecters on my side, but they would need a better AI because when fighting a boss they would run in there like idiots and get blasted to death. XD

General Sargent Ruk, Krill, Lephantis, etc. say hi with there weakpoints. -.-

well, sure, tweaks would need to be made, but it does would fair as an idea, with having to craft the extra warframes and weaponize them not to mention level them before you use them. It would help people like me out.

you can even block XP progression for said warframes (the AI ones not the player's) if you feel that is unfair to non solo players.....or not if you feel some players would find that feature appealing

the best way for solo ? buy some platinium, get a solid solo frame ash/loki a decent weapons (or directly buy a good one that's even better). If you are reluctant to buy (but it help developping and improve the game anyway), you need a lot of time to achieve that and the mod you need to be decent in high end maps and tower.

It was more fun for me to do that because I work and I have a family etc... I don't need another work when I get out of my work ;)

How about, hiring mercenary AI to fight for you, but you'd need credits for that and requests form to be made in 3days or smth like that?

somekind of a sortie type of AI mercenaries to fight for you,

and will be only available if you want to play solo.

i mean, OP has a point,

theres alot of people here in warframe do want to play solo mainly because they want to,

and because of these nitiwts on pubs. besides, the introduction of tenno spectre made way for me to think that this idea is totally possible

its awesome dont you think? d.e. just holding back on good ideas like these

I'd rather get a lower reward in that case rather than spend resources. Or use my warframes. Using my warframes would spur me to build more out of necessity I think whereas right now I am just very happy with my rhino and see no need for more

the best way for solo ? buy some platinium, get a solid solo frame ash/loki a decent weapons (or directly buy a good one that's even better). If you are reluctant to buy (but it help developping and improve the game anyway), you need a lot of time to achieve that and the mod you need to be decent in high end maps and tower.

It was more fun for me to do that because I work and I have a family etc... I don't need another work when I get out of my work ;)

I bought the Rhino Prime access package, a sentinel and a few more goodies, still, it can be frustrating.

also, as far as I remember the cross pad is not mapped on PS4...how about using it to give orders to the AI Tennos (to improve AIs) like in Mass Effect single player for instance?

again, just throwing it there, simple AI companions would be a god sent anyway

Is it too much to ask to play with other people? 

1. Connectivity issues can prevent people from enjoying or even joining multiplayer sessions, whether from inherent lag or Warframe's persistent Strict NAT issue.

2. Solo play gives the ability to pause the game, which is useful if something unexpected came up.

3. You can set the game at your own pace and experiment, which is something you can't do when you're trying to catch up to a pub.

Edited by LGear

AI problem solved: create an item that "learns" from you as you play a specific load out, and can then use that information to mimic your own patterns.

GOOD....which means you would have to first play your other frames in order to make them learn before using the AI version of them

sounds good, again, as an ancillary feature

AI problem solved: create an item that "learns" from you as you play a specific load out, and can then use that information to mimic your own patterns.

Yea, DE you lazy programmers! Just create the singularity (the point where we can't see past once we create true learning AI) and use it for a neat feature in your video game. Why didn't I think of that.