The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Way To Help The Solo Players?

OP should at least try online play.

Chances are, they already have. I myself am mostly a solo player, since my internet is often too unstable to sustain an online play session.

Making requests to improve the solo system doesn't mean that the requester hasn't played online.

Get a very good sentinel.

My kitted sentinel can lolnope stuff up to level 30 by itself.

The reason I stopped equipping him with precepts was because he was killing nearly everything in lower level missions.

Slowing down my level gain.

If you have no time to farm, spend around 1k plat and get powerful enough mods for your sentinel.

Edited by fatpig84

Yea, DE you lazy programmers! Just create the singularity (the point where we can't see past once we create true learning AI) and use it for a neat feature in your video game. Why didn't I think of that.

Excerpt from the TvTropes "Artificial Brilliance" page:

AI behavior in Armored Core isn't the best, granted, but in Silent Line, you are able to train an AI pilot of your own. The AI starts out very stupidly, but as you pilot the AI's assigned mech, the AI starts emulating your combat behavior, both good and bad. With enough practice, the AI would even be able to accurately aim rockets, something that even the best human players have difficulty to do. The AI opponents in the Arena also improve with repeated combat exposure.

Get a very good sentinel.

My kitted sentinel can lolnope stuff up to level 30 by itself.

The reason I stopped equipping him with precepts was because he was killing nearly everything in lower level missions.

Slowing down my level gain.

If you have no time to farm, spend around 1k plat and get powerful enough mods for your sentinel.

and a Spare Warframe could likely do more....especially if outfitted with a sentinel of its own

and a Spare Warframe could likely do more....especially if outfitted with a sentinel of its own

Not likely to happen.

I have being in WF for awhile, DE has shot down the idea for any form bot assistance except Sentinels.

So good luck trying.

P.S. There is a new ninja dog planned. shrug who knows.

Edited by fatpig84

Though it is a nice idea I feel trying to get the Ai as a crutch just for solo players would take a lot of effort. 

Would they know to follow you correctly or would they be stupid. Resuce target with a gun is pretty rubbish. Sometimes follows sometimes has to shoot at things till you take the gun back from it. Though Specters AI is ok, it is good at fighting you. IT is not programmed to transverse a level to help you complete an objective. 

Though it would be a start towards making AI NPcs more common in the game I think the game would work better if they fixed the scaling on the "Solo" game mode tag. Once you select that you are locked into playing alone so it would not be abusable.

Alternative suggestion. To aid Solo play why not let you swap your Sentinel with a spare warframe? You work as a pair fighting side by side and they mirror your actions? Seeing as we are getting kubrows that will even be able to wall run alongside us I cannot believe adding in a war-frame would be difficult. 

Then you could outfit them with a weapon of your choice and a few mods for how aggressive they are, similar to sentinel precepts. The frame would basically become a super powerful sentinel you can only use on solo mode. 

you are not helping

That's very observant and true. On topic, finally, AI teammates would be super cool for those times that you just don't want to deal with random people being obnoxious, kind of like I was :p

A learning AI that learns how you play with them would be cool, you could have different personalities with different loadouts and such for different missions. I wonder how mods would work. Would they have ghost copies, or need so many of them like sentinel weapons and regular weapons need separate. I think needing different mods for the different frames would be fair so you don't send in a nekros, nova, and trinity and putting the game on auto play.

Though it is a nice idea I feel trying to get the Ai as a crutch just for solo players would take a lot of effort.

Would they know to follow you correctly or would they be stupid. Resuce target with a gun is pretty rubbish. Sometimes follows sometimes has to shoot at things till you take the gun back from it. Though Specters AI is ok, it is good at fighting you. IT is not programmed to transverse a level to help you complete an objective.

Though it would be a start towards making AI NPcs more common in the game I think the game would work better if they fixed the scaling on the "Solo" game mode tag. Once you select that you are locked into playing alone so it would not be abusable.

Alternative suggestion. To aid Solo play why not let you swap your Sentinel with a spare warframe? You work as a pair fighting side by side and they mirror your actions? Seeing as we are getting kubrows that will even be able to wall run alongside us I cannot believe adding in a war-frame would be difficult.

Then you could outfit them with a weapon of your choice and a few mods for how aggressive they are, similar to sentinel precepts. The frame would basically become a super powerful sentinel you can only use on solo mode.

well, the AI would need tweaks, simple orders could be implemented as well like "hold your ground" or "protect target" or "only return fire".

That's very observant and true. On topic, finally, AI teammates would be super cool for those times that you just don't want to deal with random people being obnoxious, kind of like I was :p

A learning AI that learns how you play with them would be cool, you could have different personalities with different loadouts and such for different missions. I wonder how mods would work. Would they have ghost copies, or need so many of them like sentinel weapons and regular weapons need separate. I think needing different mods for the different frames would be fair so you don't send in a nekros, nova, and trinity and putting the game on auto play.

no, the idea would be to pull all mods from your pool. So if you want a good Rhino tank while you play your volt you need to outfit it yourself Edited by (PS4)DropzOfCrimzon

Not likely to happen.

I have being in WF for awhile, DE has shot down the idea for any form bot assistance except Sentinels.

So good luck trying.

P.S. There is a new ninja dog planned. shrug who knows.

that is very user unfriendly of them...Turtle Rock studio showed good foresight in allowing their game to be more SP friendly so why not DE? it would only help them

One reason I would like better solo play - though I prefer co-op (which is what the game is designed for), when you just need to clear out the levels so you can unlock all the nodes, it can be really hard to find anyone. I tend to solo the nodes, because people rarely play all the nodes. Most players are just running void, or if they are running normal modes it's to farm defense/survival. For the poor Tenno clearing nodes, they have to either drag clan mates with them, or cave and solo. At my rating I have the ability to solo almost anything in the normal map, but most Tenno just clearing nodes don't have all the boosted mods yet.

I don't know why everyone says the AI in Warframe is so bad.  Compare the shoot AI to a ton of other games out there, and in those games, the AI shoots as well as a StormTrooper.  Where in contrast, when a Grineer shoots, they usually hit, and when the Corpus shoot at close range, they usually hit.

And they don't seem to have any problems taking down the cryopod when people forget to defend it. = )

This would be an interesting idea, but how would the revives work per say.  If they go down and die, would they always use one of their revives to get up (or platinum if out) or die once and they're gone?

I don't know why everyone says the AI in Warframe is so bad. Compare the shoot AI to a ton of other games out there, and in those games, the AI shoots as well as a StormTrooper. Where in contrast, when a Grineer shoots, they usually hit, and when the Corpus shoot at close range, they usually hit.

And they don't seem to have any problems taking down the cryopod when people forget to defend it. = )

This would be an interesting idea, but how would the revives work per say. If they go down and die, would they always use one of their revives to get up (or platinum if out) or die once and they're gone?

same as regular players only if you fail to revive them you are asked if you wish to use a daily revive for them or not...it should be your choice Edited by (PS4)DropzOfCrimzon

I don't know why everyone says the AI in Warframe is so bad. Compare the shoot AI to a ton of other games out there, and in those games, the AI shoots as well as a StormTrooper. Where in contrast, when a Grineer shoots, they usually hit, and when the Corpus shoot at close range, they usually hit.

This would be an interesting idea, but how would the revives work per say. If they go down and die, would they always use one of their revives to get up (or platinum if out) or die once and they're gone?

I'd imagine they'd wait for a bit before reviving Edited by (PS4)Ub3rM1k3