Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stability.

sedy25

Question

The frequent and consistent crashes in this game are getting so stressful and unhelpful that I have come to a point where I cannot continue to play this game anymore, unless one of you can help me sort out these issues which I have no idea why are happening. I usually get the error "WAR-220876" when the "crash support" comes up.

PLEASE HELP ME FOR GOD SAKE.

*ALSO, no matter what settings I use in this game, it does crash.*

VIDEO - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnQZ0GUsDpY

Edited by frostybe3r

22 answers to this question

You're able to play every other game you have on massive "ultra" settings? but warframe crashes for you all the time? Must be the supremely incredible high graphics requirements of warframe, I can see how it'd be hard to run......

no but seriously though. This week has been tough because of those DDos attacks. Have you tried turning down the graphics settings, putting your resolution to a lower setting, turning off things like shadows, color correction, reflections?

I play on a generic laptop, with no real graphics card and run the game with really no problems at all, on a wireless hotspot internet from clear.com. 

Please. Shut the hell up, you're not helping anything.

i'm simply saying that telling people you can playevery single AAA title wih '1k+ fps' but not being able to play warframe, and then thinking it's a software fault in warframe won't get you much support here....

really, it's far more likely that something went wrong during the downloading of the game or something. have you tried redownloading it?

Edited by marbatico

You're able to play every other game you have on massive "ultra" settings? but warframe crashes for you all the time? Must be the supremely incredible high graphics requirements of warframe, I can see how it'd be hard to run......

no but seriously though. This week has been tough because of those DDos attacks. Have you tried turning down the graphics settings, putting your resolution to a lower setting, turning off things like shadows, color correction, reflections?

I play on a generic laptop, with no real graphics card and run the game with really no problems at all, on a wireless hotspot internet from clear.com. 

I honestly don't think it has anything to do with the graphics. It may just be an incompatibility with my graphics card.

i'm simply saying that telling people you can playevery single AAA title wih '1k+ fps' but not being able to play warframe, and then thinking it's a software fault in warframe won't get you much support here....

really, it's far more likely that something went wrong during the downloading of the game or something. have you tried redownloading it?

I've tried reinstalling it, maybe I'll try again. But it does take a fairly long time to do that :/

you should be more than able to play warframe with a rig like that, if your download is correct and you still cant play you should probably contact support

I'm hoping a dev/team member will glance at this post.

I usually get the error "WAR-220876" when the "crash support" comes up.

This number is never the same. Every time the crash reporter comes up it files a new WAR-###### report. When you get this crash report, you need to do the following:

1. Right after your game crashes, save a copy of your EE.log file ("%localappdata%\Warframe\") somewhere else so it isn't overwritten

2. Create a DxDiag.txt file (from the DxDiag tool)

3. Open a support ticket here.

4. In the support ticket, include the following:

-     Any details you can remember leading up to the crash (tileset, frame, doing anything specific)

-     Include the WAR-###### from the crash reporter so support can easily find the report that the crash reporter uploaded

-     Attach your EE.log file and DxDiag.txt file

5. Exercise patience as support reviews your ticket. In the meanwhile try disabling certain settings like 64-bit, DX11 and Multithreaded Rendering in the launcher. Also make sure all your software and drivers are up to date (DirectX, GPU Drivers, Windows Updates). Do not use BETA drivers for your GPU. Beta drivers have, in the past, been known to cause crashes in Warframe.

Lastly, moving to Players Helping Players.

Considering I have tried every possible combination for graphical settings in the game and still get the same result, I'm saying it does make sense. From my point of view.

Yup. I'm experiencing this problem, too, and just like you, I can play a lot of other games with a high framerate, but not on Warframe, which is recent. I noticed a drop in performance for me about November or December 2013.

Anyways, whether I play on max settings or minimal settings, my FPS remains roughly the same. There may be a small increase or decrease, but it's hardly worth mentioning.

This number is never the same. Every time the crash reporter comes up it files a new WAR-###### report. When you get this crash report, you need to do the following:

1. Right after your game crashes, save a copy of your EE.log file ("%localappdata%\Warframe\") somewhere else so it isn't overwritten

2. Create a DxDiag.txt file (from the DxDiag tool)

3. Open a support ticket here.

4. In the support ticket, include the following:

-     Any details you can remember leading up to the crash (tileset, frame, doing anything specific)

-     Include the WAR-###### from the crash reporter so support can easily find the report that the crash reporter uploaded

-     Attach your EE.log file and DxDiag.txt file

5. Exercise patience as support reviews your ticket. In the meanwhile try disabling certain settings like 64-bit, DX11 and Multithreaded Rendering in the launcher. Also make sure all your software and drivers are up to date (DirectX, GPU Drivers, Windows Updates). Do not use BETA drivers for your GPU. Beta drivers have, in the past, been known to cause crashes in Warframe.

Lastly, moving to Players Helping Players.

The only thing I can possibly think of is a DirectX compatibility error with the games 3D engine. 

The only thing I can possibly think of is a DirectX compatibility error with the games 3D engine. 

You should still submit a Support Ticket with your EE.log right after the game crashes, as well as a DxDiag.txt file.

The crashes could be caused by any number of things that aren't DirectX related... For example:

-  PhysX related crashes (there have been lots of these recently)

-  The game's engine doesn't like your specific GPU

-  Overclocking is causing system instability which doesn't play well with the game

You can speculate as to why your system is crashing, but if you don't ever open a Support Ticket when you crash and get a WAR-###### report, then Support won't really know what to do with the WAR-###### crash report, and the issue may go unresolved for a very, very long time.