The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Why Not Get Rid Of Trinity's First Two Abilities And Change The Ultimate?

-CM-Crazy

Instead, let's have a boring, one dimensional and overpowered warframe.

I do not see how blatant nerfing can accomplish anything. In a space ninja game, warframes like Trinity, Nova or Ember make as much sense as a drum at a funeral. (I am naming just a few off the top of my head, there are others aplenty)

Their abilities need to be overhauled from ground up, and completely replaced. Making them bad or ineffective does not solve anything, nor will it make the game more exciting.

I do not use the link+ blessing gimmick when I play trinity, if I ever play her, to begin with.

or.....REWORK!

And what did I say?

Edited by [DE]Drew
removed bait.

So you agree with OP. Trinity currently is boring and one dimensional.

Instead, let's have a boring, one dimensional and overpowered warframe.

Feel free to explain me how removing two of the abilities which actually need a buff (energy vampire, well of life) will somehow address the link + blessing gimmick some players abuse?

Trin is one dimensional if you chose to play it as such. Making its interesting abilities worthless or removing them with nothing to replace them with because of some gimmick people abuse, won't make her less one dimensional.

If self damage does not work with link, all issues are solved.

Edited by [DE]Drew

Feel free to explain me how removing two of the abilities which actually need a buff (energy vampire, well of life) will somehow address the link + blessing gimmick some players abuse?

Trin is one dimensional if you chose to play it as such. Making its interesting abilities worthless or removing them with nothing to replace them with because of some gimmick people abuse, won't make her less one dimensional.

If self damage does not work with link, all issues are solved.

OP didn't say to just completely remove two abilities, he said he doesn't know what to replace them with.

OP didn't say to just completely remove two abilities, he said he doesn't know what to replace them with.

As I said, well of life and energy vampire are actually a bit underpowered and deserve some tweaking. Removing them won't fix anything, because their mechanic is not broken in the slightest. They work for their intended purpose and with some creative thinking work even better, when used together (see wiki for more details).

There's ways to make Blessing good without giving Godmode to everyone. Lets just put this into the open. Armor and shield/health regen. We all know armor on our warframes don't seem to do much (Until we see DE buff Valkyr to insane levels of it). How about if Blessing gave us 1000 armor? A 50 hp/s health regen and shields at 100/s with taking damage not interrupting recharge? Take in mind this is just brainstorming and this idea is just for unmodded max Blessing. Alternatively we can all just take damage reduction instead of armor at a percent value like Link. Probably if used with Link to cap it at 80-90% reduction to Trinity.

I do find Well of Life and Energy Vampire lacking. People were using it for a time but it seems to have fallen out of favor probably since the release of corrupted mods.

I'll just name the problems of the two while I'm at it.

Well of Life isn't demanding enough to use in most situations if Blessing already heals you. Giving an enemy 10x temporary HP and lifted up in the air for people to heal from doesn't mean someone would stop shooting other enemies to shoot this target when it's health is just going to reset to what it was before. I haven't used this ability in a while but I've been told there's a health cap a person can take from this also? Really? Also does this still work with bosses? I remember people getting heavily angry at me for Well of Life-ing Lephantis before I learned the health was x10 and his health just reverts back to normal.

Energy Vampire... A small AoE energy giving ability that requires you to sit next to an enemy this is casted on. Normally done with Well of Life so sentinels and other players don't kill the target before you get any energy back... Good luck with that. When I played Trinity when that update to her hit I tried  to use this. Everyone just kills it quickly. I'm normally lucky if I get two pulses of energy even with Well of Life on the target. Even with using this ability at the end of Well of Life to just do damage doesn't really seem worth it. Oh and most people hate having to sit by the target just to get the benefits. Suddenly we're not moving out of fire just to try getting energy from it.

Link is perfectly fine. It's just the godmode from blessing that made it way too strong. I would love if power strength has the Nekros effect giving more links. But probably only after Blessing gets changed.

Edited by BBYiffo

I don't understand why people think energy vampire is bad. Back when streamline only existed I was able to keep blessing up 24/7 with just energy vampire and streamline. I guess fleeting expertise blessing spam is just so much easier and retard proof that some people think energy vampire is bad?

Fix enemy scaling before touching Trinity.

This.

Blessing is god-mode, Well of Life has no use other than keeping an energy slave alive (because everyone shoots glowing enemies), and Link's damage capability far out-scales its utility, but Trinity is a broken frame designed for broken content. Good luck against level 80 enemies without permanent invincibility, everyone will die from a Scorpion's gaze.

I would fully welcome changes that promote actually being a support, but something must be done to enemies as well.

Edited by Ailith