Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Restore Dark Sectors Bonus Xp

BrotherSharp

In the recent patch notes I saw that the bonus xp gained from dark sectors was reduced.

I logged in to check and while the difference was not big in low level areas, high-level areas had the xp bonus cut to more than half.

Was there a reason this happened?

XP bonus is the other good side of dark sectors other than resource bonuses and special mod drops inside it. You can bring an item you want to level along with you and it will gain quite a lot of XP making them a really good place for grinding XP.

Especially on missions that required you to use melee to get the XP bonus made it even more challenging as you are going melee against infested who also excel at it making it a high-risk high-reward kind of missions. In fact I insist on having melee XP bonuses to be higher than the ranged weapons ones.

The only logical things that I see behind this are either DE wants to keep players in the game, the faster people level their weapons/frames the faster they lose interest in the game or they did not think about the downtime of dark sectors due to being contested.

Having almost 1.5x more xp on some maps may make them prone to abusing but do not forget that most of the time the nodes are going to be down due to contest, as of writing this 90% of the nodes went to being contested at the same time.

There is a repeated cycle of 1-2 days of available nodes with XP bonus and 1-2 days of nodes not available with said bonuses. There is no reason whatsoever to nerf the bonus XP.

This needs to go to DE and I am not giving this up until a proper response with statistics attached to it explaining as to why you had to cut down on the XP boost. And to any moderators, do not move this thread anywhere as being moved to anywhere but general discussion is the same as closing the thread.

There are better ways of doing this DE, and this is not one of them

XP was really the only worthwhile part of dark sectors.  Specifically got an XP booster so I could level stuff up quickly when some of the dark sectors were free yesterday.  Was pretty annoyed to see the XP bonus nerfed :|

They want us to grind longer. Longer grind = higher chance of XP boosters being purchased, and higher overall time spent playing, which looks good on the metrics, and leads to a higher chance of purchasing stuff in the store. It's pretty much like grocery stores and such putting all the goodies and chocolates in the area you queue for the cashiers.

They want us to grind longer. Longer grind = higher chance of XP boosters being purchased, and higher overall time spent playing, which looks good on the metrics, and leads to a higher chance of purchasing stuff in the store. It's pretty much like grocery stores and such putting all the goodies and chocolates in the area you queue for the cashiers.

It can also mean that more people like Aggh have an incentive to buy XP boost to get the best out of both bonus XPs. Treating players like money bags is going to ruin this game, especially if DE has completely gone out of touch with it's playerbase. We should have been informed a week early that this XP was going to get nerfed.

In the recent patch notes I saw that the bonus xp gained from dark sectors was reduced.

I logged in to check and while the difference was not big in low level areas, high-level areas had the xp bonus cut to more than half.

Was there a reason this happened?

XP bonus is the other good side of dark sectors other than resource bonuses and special mod drops inside it. You can bring an item you want to level along with you and it will gain quite a lot of XP making them a really good place for grinding XP.

Especially on missions that required you to use melee to get the XP bonus made it even more challenging as you are going melee against infested who also excel at it making it a high-risk high-reward kind of missions. In fact I insist on having melee XP bonuses to be higher than the ranged weapons ones.

The only logical things that I see behind this are either DE wants to keep players in the game, the faster people level their weapons/frames the faster they lose interest in the game or they did not think about the downtime of dark sectors due to being contested.

Having almost 1.5x more xp on some maps may make them prone to abusing but do not forget that most of the time the nodes are going to be down due to contest, as of writing this 90% of the nodes went to being contested at the same time.

There is a repeated cycle of 1-2 days of available nodes with XP bonus and 1-2 days of nodes not available with said bonuses. There is no reason whatsoever to nerf the bonus XP.

This needs to go to DE and I am not giving this up until a proper response with statistics attached to it explaining as to why you had to cut down on the XP boost. And to any moderators, do not move this thread anywhere as being moved to anywhere but general discussion is the same as closing the thread.

There are better ways of doing this DE, and this is not one of them

I miss the previous EXP too, but bear in mind you seem to not have noticed that the patch notes also say "Reduced health of Solar Rails for quicker conflicts".

Surely if the HP for the rails being reduced for shorter conflicts, then these dark sectors would be main areas of EXP abuse. Look, if they kept the same EXP bonus but still decreased overall health of solar rails, the hell I would take advantage of it. But just like you have stated, it would seem logical for DE to avoid giving players even more incentive to plow through their content rapidly. I'm not much of person who enjoys grinding, but I seem to think that the reason DE kinda drip feeds content through updates is due to the fact that this is a F2P game. Whose income and basically budget is on a day to day basis, unlike normal retail games with pre-determined budget and funding from a publisher.

Edited by yuio678

What do you mean?

Can you elaborate on this, did they changed XP gain?

you can un-equip weapons, meaning all XP goes to whatever you have equipped if it's not maxed, so for example if I had only a Rank 30 Volt and Rank 0 Dragon Nikana, all the XP would go straight to the Dragon Nikana due to nothing else for it to go to

you can un-equip weapons, meaning all XP goes to whatever you have equipped if it's not maxed, so for example if I had only a Rank 30 Volt and Rank 0 Dragon Nikana, all the XP would go straight to the Dragon Nikana due to nothing else for it to go to

So your fix to this is to equip an unranked weapon and leech from allies?