Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blocking Should Resist Procs

Stefanovich

It was the only thing that really gave me a sense of power when going melee only, to laugh at my foes as they try and magnetize me, only to fail miserably as I slice them in half. It was the only way to defend against Magnetic Leaders and their unfair magnetic fields.

I understand removing the ability to block things like air running out on survival or the depressurization of a room, but blocking procs really made melee an amazing defensive weapon. Sure, Boltor Prime might wipe the floors clean with Infested, but in those higher waves, you can't afford to get a Toxic Proc from that sneaky Corrosive Ancient Leader, he would kill you in seconds. It gave us an endlessly scaling defensive side to melee, and was a very valid reason to go melee only in high levels.

"Oh crap! Just got a Bleed Proc from a Eviscerator. Quick! Block and absorb the enormous bleed damage! Phew, that was

a close one."

If you won't make it a permanent trait, then at least make it a rare mod.

"Elemental Ward, +25% chance to resist procs while blocking", starting at 4 mod point consumption, with 3 levels, maxing at 100% chance for 7 mod points, with a D polarity.

It would add a useful D melee mod, since we're lacking some of those, would give melee a scaling defensive ability, let us defend against Magnetic Leaders and Eviscerator Bleed Procs, and make Melee 2.0 more appealing.

Whaddaya think? Too powerful or just what melee needs?

Edited by Stefanovich

I've mentioned this before in a similar post, it would be a bit silly to block damage and elemental procs. If I stabbed you, you wouldn't stop bleeding because you put up your guard. Sure you can patch up the wound and minor wounds stop bleeding on their own, hence the proc being brief, but simply guarding shouldn't protect from something that's already happened.

I've mentioned this before in a similar post, it would be a bit silly to block damage and elemental procs. If I stabbed you, you wouldn't stop bleeding because you put up your guard. Sure you can patch up the wound and minor wounds stop bleeding on their own, hence the proc being brief, but simply guarding shouldn't protect from something that's already happened.

Space magic. Rhino can stomp the ground so hard time slows down, Nova can harnass Anti-matter without it reacting with the air particles, and Ember can still make fire wihout any oxygen. Mods let us magically take less damage while airborne, make bullets split in two and turn shields into stamina. Why can't one mod let you bend magnetic fields, or absorb any elemental attacks or dispel a bleeding effect?

Need I mention the Ogris, which is a completely silent rocket launcher (even when it explodes) and some how manages to carry 540 spare rockets? Applying logic to Warframe doesn't work I'm afraid. Also need I mention we're space ninja's that don't get sucked out by space, can stop time, can control anti-matter and can turn into a puddle?

again, Ogris is a completely silent rocket launcher (even when it explodes) that carries 540 extra rockets, you're saying that's not a dumb idea?

Don't forget that you can block Bombard rockets for no dmg even if they explode like meter from your face.

Of course it's a dumb idea. Im not a developer though so I cant fix that. What we can do is not add more dumb stuff.

But whatever, I play the game anyway.

A warframe mod that can prevent status sounds nifty.

you also haven't put any constructive criticism other than "It's dumb," so would you mind explaining why it's "dumb"?

could you contribute to the discussion any less? Don't post anything if it has no relevance to the topic or doesn't contribute anything of value

The same can be said of your posts addressing the thing you have a problem with, it's a vicious cycle lol

The same can be said of your posts addressing the thing you have a problem with, it's a vicious cycle lol

I was saying you haven't posted anything constructive other than "the idea is dumb," and I was asking you to explain why you thought so, then you just said the answer was the same as "why do I tie my shoelaces?" which had no relevance to the topic what-so-ever. I'm not seeing the vicious cycle here

So...if it's a "dumb idea", then do you have a problem with several aspects of this game? Rhino Prime can run as fast as the fastest frame in the game and that's really dumb. So my question is, why is this of all things so far fetched?

Please keep things constructive instead of "this is dumb, lol".

I was saying you haven't posted anything constructive other than "the idea is dumb," and I was asking you to explain why you thought so, then you just said the answer was the same as "why do I tie my shoelaces?" which had no relevance to the topic what-so-ever. I'm not seeing the vicious cycle here

lel the cycle continues

So...if it's a "dumb idea", then do you have a problem with several aspects of this game? Rhino Prime can run as fast as the fastest frame in the game and that's really dumb. So my question is, why is this of all things so far fetched?

Please keep things constructive instead of "this is dumb, lol".

Yes, there are lots of dumb/nonsense things in the game, your idea isn't any better than them, so in that sense it would fit right in lol. Vergil up there explained why it's obviously a dumb idea. Your status mod idea would be a step in the right direction.

Anyway, I'd play the game regardless, so whatever lol

Edited by DarkTails

Yes, there are lots of dumb/nonsense things in the game, your idea isn't any better than them, so in that sense it would fit right in lol. Vergil up there explained why it's obviously a dumb idea. Your status mod idea would be a step in the right direction.

Anyway, I'd play the game regardless, so whatever lol

wait, you can be constructive!? Jokes aside, three people have said applying logic to Warframe doesn't work, do I need to quote my post saying all the things that make no sense which ever way you put it?