Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

In Serious Need Of Help. (Technical Issue)

Azathoth0013

Question

Ok, so I'm running Warframe on steam, and for the past two days, I have been completely unable to complete ANY kind of mission that requires a key. I've verified cache files, AND reinstalled Warframe, and it's still happening. Honestly at this point I'm about ready to uninstall, and consider the money I've spent on plat a loss. I mean, what's the point if you can't make progress, right? So yeah, if anyone has any advice, I'd appreciate it.

13 answers to this question

@-CM-Jaypalm: At extraction, at the beginning of the mission, right after completing an objective. it tends to occur at different points, but it crashes EVERY time. Frankly, I'm about to just say screw it, and start looking into getting the money I spent on plat back. This is happening in the void, Orokin Derelicts, AND Vey Hek runs. Basically, if it's ont a normal mission, or alert, my game crashes.

@Njall: No I'm not even getting to that point, it's crashing in the middle of the mission. Usually the client will crash right after I spawn, and take a step or two, sometimes, it'll let me get well into the mission (in the latest instance, I was able to capture both targets in a T1 Cap, but as I was headed to extraction, the client crashed.)

Edited by Azathoth0013

When you crash, do you have a little pop up on the desk with a number, like WAR 22255 ?

Anyways, look in Users / Username / Appdata / Local / Warframe

Maybe you have already something in the "Crashes" folder with a matching date. Take the EE.log file.

If you don't, take the EE.log of the Warframe folder.

Send your informations in a ticket support, here :

http://support.warframe.com/

I am not sure about which one you should send, if not both.

English is not my primary language and my Windows is not in english too.

Maybe you can try here in addition.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/217161-1306-is-horribly-broken-and-needs-to-be-hotfixed-immediately-gamebreaking-crashes-every-couple-rounds/

Give a go at running a true client, not through Steam. If you want to get to the Warframe files through steam, go into your Steam library, right click Warframe>Properties>Local Files>Browse Local Files, and I believe the .EE should be in there. I don't play through Steam so I can't confirm.

Give a go at running a true client, not through Steam. If you want to get to the Warframe files through steam, go into your Steam library, right click Warframe>Properties>Local Files>Browse Local Files, and I believe the .EE should be in there. I don't play through Steam so I can't confirm.

No, even with the steam version the EE.log file is in <user> -> appdata -> local -> warframe  directory.   At least that's where it is on my pc and I have steam version of warframe.

@-CM-Jaypalm: Actually I switched to Steam because I was having the very same problem with a true client.

@Njall: Thanks for the help you have offered, and I had already submitted a ticket before I even made this thread. I just won't be getting any answers there until Monday.

Edited by Azathoth0013

One thing you might try is disabling the extras like DX11 in the launcher settings, and seeing if it works then.

Also, scaling the settings - Set everything to low, and if it works, scale it up, looking for crashes.

So, I've just tried verifying the file cache again, and this time 171 files came up with problems, the first time it was only like 64. Does this mean anything?

Files failing the cache CRC check means those files are getting corrupted. It might be a hardware problem, possibly with memory or your HDD, or it might be a virus.

One thing you might try is disabling the extras like DX11 in the launcher settings, and seeing if it works then.

Not sure about the current updates, but DX11 was definitely a big cause for crashes in prior updates, especially in Derelict. I keep it turned off exactly for that reason. In the launcher settings, I have DX11 the only object unchecked/turned off and I never run into any problems. So if you haven't tried that, give that a go too.