Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Survival Needs A "claim & Exit"

Abzence

I think every player should be able to go to the extraction point individually, wait there 30 seconds and complete the mission. The other remaining players will continue the mission uninterrupted until they choose to extract.

Players who are dead have to wait for the last player to extract to get a "mission successful".

I have no problem with that. No sense in ending a Survival mission for everyone because two players want to leave. Let those two leave and the others continue on. Hell, let the one leave and the others can continue on.

Call one an Extraction like we have now and the other a Retreat.

If one decides to "Retreat" it costs them a percentage of the earned XP and credits but the current reward is still given.

This was already suggested, but the devs wont listen. 

For now, survival is just frustrating. You play 15 minutes, then appears a T1 void key, then you are FORCED to go out by the other players, and cant hold for more 15 minutes to check if appears a T2 or T3 void key. 

But this is understandable, since survival rewards are crap. If the rewards scaled with the minutes, maybe more players would stay longer. But instead we have a RNG wall that dont reward skill. 

Thats a big problem with survival, especially recently with groups of people hosting survival missions but only being there to try to get the Grustrag Three or Harvester to spawn. They hog up the mission and you are forced to leave at only 5 or 10 minutes. People can opt out of the mission during Defense without a problem, why not in survival? Just put a message up on the screen (but NOT in the center) that someone is at extraction ready to leave. Better yet, why not put a freaking control panel at the end that a user can press and a screen like the one that pops up at the end of defense waves, letting you stay (cancel) or continue fighting, perhaps with an incentive to stay?

Either way this change is long overdo. 

• 4 weeks later...

+1

I agree with you and I think that should not exist capsules support for the missions of survival, I would like to keep fighting, without being limited oxygen. 

the only mission that there is nothing to rely on, is the mission to exterminate, it seems more of a mission hunts.

How fast are host migrations on PC?  It takes a while on PS4 and it sometimes screws up defense missions when it happens.  (host migration happens, players slowly reload into the level, but are surrounded by enemies and the pod is getting battered)  I'm pretty sure this is one major reason why we can't do partial extracts in the middle of survival.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be fine with part of the team being able to claim and exit, but DE would need to fix a few things with how things work.  As I mentioned before, host migration is a bit problematic and there need to be cleaner switches.  (approach the pod to resume defense?  hack another console to resume survival?)  The team UI also needs to be clearer about who is in your team.  It doesn't do a good job at telling you which player has which frame, so a portrait of each player's equipped frame would help.  During extraction, it should tell you who is waiting at the extraction point, since the loss of those people may change (or break) the groups survival strategy.

I'm on the fence about this, mostly because I do survival missions, get one or two players who insist on leaving at the 5 minute mark, because they're newer players and they're trying to finish all of the missions on that planet. BUT I do like the idea of having the option there so if I join a match with someone who is just playing for 5 minutes and cutting out for what ever reason, they can leave instead of bothering the rest of us.

But in order for me to support this idea, I'd have to say players can join in past 5 minutes, like at close to the 15 minute mark, purely based on their gear level and their mastery rank or conclave rating. And players can only extract by them selves in a short time period. I mean if you're trying to extract and there's 30 seconds to go before the next reward is given, what's the point of staying that long? If you've been there longer than 2 minutes and 30 seconds you might as well go until the next reward pops up. But as a team they can extract at any given time.

Also they should make it so if you die, and you get the "Revive or forfeit" buttons, if you click the forfeit button, and there's still at least one player still alive, you should get a pop up saying "If you forfeit now, you risk losing the rewards, be patient, your fellow tenno are still alive and are able to complete the mission, hang in there.  I say this because I've ran a few survival missions where we ran out of air after 20 or 30 minutes, me and one or two other players are 20 meters away from the extraction point, and one of the other guys who was lagging behind dies, forfeits right as we get to the extraction point. But most of the guys who do this are the newer players, and the players who haven't been playing since before survival was added. It kills me when I see players disconnect seconds before the remaining players make it to the extraction point and extract, all of that work, and it goes down the drain because they didn't take the time to go "Hey, I'm dead, will I still get the rewards and progress for completing this mission?" and/or being un-informed of how the game works.

As someone who likes to stick around for 60 minutes+, I would LOVE this to be a thing.

It always drives me nuts when one single player throws off a good set of tiles and a good group because they want a T3 key that popped up at 15m, followed by the group disbanding after the match.

Also they should make it so if you die, and you get the "Revive or forfeit" buttons, if you click the forfeit button, and there's still at least one player still alive, you should get a pop up saying "If you forfeit now, you risk losing the rewards, be patient, your fellow tenno are still alive and are able to complete the mission, hang in there.  I say this because I've ran a few survival missions where we ran out of air after 20 or 30 minutes, me and one or two other players are 20 meters away from the extraction point, and one of the other guys who was lagging behind dies, forfeits right as we get to the extraction point. But most of the guys who do this are the newer players, and the players who haven't been playing since before survival was added. It kills me when I see players disconnect seconds before the remaining players make it to the extraction point and extract, all of that work, and it goes down the drain because they didn't take the time to go "Hey, I'm dead, will I still get the rewards and progress for completing this mission?" and/or being un-informed of how the game works.

Sorry I just read this and wanted to say yes! :D Those desperate moments when I realise the groups never going to make it back in time, as we've just pushed it too long are some of the most fun i've ever had in this game, and to see new players not realise about the rewards, and quit because they didn't make it to extraction is a sad thing indeed :).