Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Affinity Improvment System

Xardis

I have an idea for a new item - "Orokin Accumulator". Its an equipment item which you take on the missions to gather affinity. The catch is that it gathers all affinity that you take from mission so you cant level up and it gathers only 10% of affinity. The other thing is that you can only use it on 0 affinity gear which was POLARIZED and it brings it to the affinity level that accumulator had, after that accumulator is destroyed. Accumulator can have up to 900 000 affinity points and if you use it on weapon those points are divided by 2.  Its blueprint costs 50 000 credits, is reusable and can be found at the market. Crafting it costs 10 000 credits 4 morphics, 4 gallium and one orokin cell.

I came up with this idea when I was doing a solo T1 Survival mission with top level gear to hunt for some prime components. After 40 minutes i went to extraction and I saw that I acquired horrendous amounts of affinity which i couldnt use to anything (I dont remember how much it was but i guess that it was a 6 digits number). I though if there was even an expencive item that could gather affinity even in very inefficient way it would be helpfull for end game. Tell me what you think about it and feel free to change some of the numbers that i came up with to balance it in any way.

increase the amount you collect (10% is disastrously low, in my opinion) and make it an item the frame uses as equipment, similar to vault keys. basically a giant Urn is what I picture it as.

No need to destroy it either, or have it as "frame/weapon must have 0 xp and be polarized".

On a side note, it'd get rid of any reason to use the weaker weapons, such as latron/gorgon because you can level them instantly with 2 hours of T3S... Because of that, I doubt it'll get implemented 

increase the amount you collect (10% is disastrously low, in my opinion) and make it an item the frame uses as equipment, similar to vault keys. basically a giant Urn is what I picture it as.

No need to destroy it either, or have it as "frame/weapon must have 0 xp and be polarized".

On a side note, it'd get rid of any reason to use the weaker weapons, such as latron/gorgon because you can level them instantly with 2 hours of T3S... Because of that, I doubt it'll get implemented 

Youre right of coure by I thought that if it would be implemented i sould be inefficient so you whould have to farm affinity massivly, so this 2h of T3S had to be repeated 2 or 3 times. But as you say it has a very low chance of implementing.

The idea is great, but I don't think it needs to be so drastic. Something needs to be done because 15/16 ranks of mastery isn't exactly an incentive to new players (and forma adepts).

We could carry a small "battery/charger" (the same system as a key like MagiTwister suggested) that would give about ~20%xp penalty gain to everything equipped, be it lenses, weps, frame or the battery itself.