Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How About Them Dark Sector Missions?

Cat_Has_My_Pipe

They are pretty fun, but slashing away at infested is just strangely amusing to me. Survivals can be a pain because Infested seem greedier with oxygen than the other factions.

The XP boost nerf wasn't as bad as people like to make it out to be.

The Resource boost is unnoticeable.

It is a pretty good place to get credits.

You also have those Dark Sector only mods.

Other than that not much to say, just kind of a normal Infested Survival or Defense, except the lighting in Dark Sectors seems different.

Edited by Utarious

The actual DS Defense and Survival missions that are currently locked away because of the clans.

Defense was alright, pretty much like the OD Defense in a new tileset.

Survival is awful, too few enemy spawns, not enough enemies drop Life Support, nearly impossible to make it pass 20 minutes without a Nekros.

Edited by Sasquatch180

Generally if youve played in the Derelicts or during an oubreak, then youve played in Dark Sectors.

However theres been one (Defence on Neptune i believe) which was sending both Infested and Corpus to kill the pod. And they would still be fighting eachother while trying to get to the pod. It would have been better if most of the Corpus were not elite crew.

Edited by Dualstar

I played them only on the first day Dark Sectors came out.

But now i can't find a un-challenged node to play =(

They are really fun, high level Infested with generous rewards. I leveled 6 weapons in a day and got some pretty good mods in there. 

I heard they nerfed the XP thou... A shame really. 

Edited by RexSol

Wouldn't really know.  Haven't really been able to play the sectors.   Couple missions here and there, but nothing to really gauge insight on.  Other then....   We need more time between Conflicts.   Need a good solid window of when people can play the area's.    cause between work, sleep, life...  i'd say most?  of the player base can only hit the area's for 2-5 hrs during the weekday, and maybe a few more on weekends.  unless they just veggitate on the weekends and play games..  but then you also need to figure in if the sectors are going to be under conflict or not.     So...  i close with

Dark Sectors?    what Dark Sectors?.....

26 new missions, some more xp per kill. Some % of earned money and/or resources go to the owner of the rail - if we can use it, because the most time two clans/alliances fight for the node and block the mission. Great concept.

Nothing special...nothing interesting...not useful...and a bad feeling because you feed others purses.

The whole idea is lame imho.

I don't see what you mean about the oxygen issues. I've run a handful of Dark Sector Survivals in the short periods between idiotic displays of epeen and we were never short on capsules. OD Survival? Don't even get me started on how bad they still are. But that's not really the point of this thread, so I guess that's kinda irrelevant.

I don't see what you mean about the oxygen issues. I've run a handful of Dark Sector Survivals in the short periods between idiotic displays of epeen and we were never short on capsules. OD Survival? Don't even get me started on how bad they still are. But that's not really the point of this thread, so I guess that's kinda irrelevant.

In my experience we were always running low on oxygen due to the few enemies that spawned not dropping enough life support or the capsules not spawning in fast enough.