Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Think Out Of The... Tileset

Iacon

Today I was playing survival and I managed to loki to inaccessible places for most of the mortals (other warframes) and I got this awesome and inspiring landscape

(take your time to appreciete, it was hard to learn how to use paint and I want you to get inspired too)

bTdgS63.jpg

We all know that DE understand the concept of "cool" and they know how to use it so I want to suggest that instead of stay locked on those tileset almost linear maps for 10min missions, why don't try a nice and huge sandbox missions with multiple objectives, maybe completing one objective and being stealthy or not will affect or change the other objectives and so...

Did you saw the picture, can you imagine how would it be to explore that huge forest planet were you have to attack Grineer facilities,  at any moment you could engage combat with Corpus spies and at any moment you could get ambushed by infected, evolved or mutated fauna?

(Yeah, I'm proposing an ambitious kind of maps that will allow a new kind of dynamic raid missions that will need exploration and time to be completed that could take a little bit less or more than an hour and is not survival or defense...)

Edited by Iacon

Did you saw the picture, can you imagine how would it be to explore that huge forest planet

Most all of the background in this game, including that forest, are 2D rendered images of 3D models. There is nothing to explore over there, they are just flat images. Imagine the lag and crashing the engine would have if it had fully rendered 3D worlds, it's just not possible for this engine right now.

Edited by HandsOfnArtist

Most all of the background in this game, including that forest, are 2D rendered images of 3D models. There is nothing to explore over there, they are just flat images. Imagine the lag and crashing the engine would have if it had fully rendered 3D worlds, it's just not possible for this engine right now.

I know it is 2d but it's inspiring

It doesn't have to be an open-world concept as the OP had suggested. But they could design a forest-type map with high, scalable trees in a clever way so as to simulate an open-world feel of freedom. Honestly, I just want to be atop of those trees, jumping from one to the next, sniping down grineer. How about a mission where, for once, Grineer and Corpus are infiltrating OUR bases and turf, and like the stealthy ninjas we are, we quietly take them out from treetops, lay low in some high grass and stealthily wipe out their numbers? Just another type of "Defend" mission, only players are preventing the enemies from reaching whatever it is we're trying to preserve and protect. Doesn't even have to be a base. Anyone feeling me on this one?