The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So When Does Ps4 Get U13?

SCP-10912, on 20 Apr 2014 - 03:31 AM, said:snapback.png

After having a debate with a person in a separate topic, I realized that the divide between the PC and PS4 communities has reached unbelievable levels.

PC players get every update a month or more ahead of PS4, and get things like color pallets that PS4 players don't. This is leading to PC players getting the feeling that they are superior, and right now, that seems to be true. If a small group of PC players complain, they get whatever it is fixed right away. People lose a chunk of credits, plus some rare fusion cores, and they're awarded with a new core that saves them MILLIONS of credits, as well as thousands of cores. PS4 players get screwed out of $80 worth of platinum on Prime Access, DE says sorry we'll do better next time. NO compensation, NO fix, just a half-baked apology.

How is this fair? Simple answer, it's not. Not even close.

I understand Sony has their restrictions, but that doesn't change the fact that you are not putting in the effort to work around that and give PS4 players the same things as PC.

Then there's the fact that PC gets updates every week, and have gotten that since the start, has lead up to a point where a single delay throws them into a massive ragestorm, and causes tons of backlash. This needs to stop. If PS4 is ever even going to have hope of Sony allowing account migration, cross-play, etc. they need to first stop the weekly updates for PC, and give PS4 some time to catch up. It's as simple as this:

1. Stop updates for PC until PS4 is caught up

2. Give all the data up till whatever update PC is on to the PS4 porters

3. Once the update is in cert, get working on the new PC update

4. Once it's ready, send it to the PS4 porting team

5. When it is sent to cert, start working on the next update

6. When cert is accepted, update both

7. Continue the cycle, finish update, sent to PS4 crew, when it's done and in cert work on the next

This small break will allow both to stay in sync, and maybe show Sony that you are serious about making cross-play a thing. Because I bet anything the reason they are saying no is because they see that you are keeping PC so far ahead, and it makes them think you don't care all that much about the PS4 version.

DE. you said yourselves that you consider this one game, and not two entirely different worlds, It's time to start acting like it.

SCP-10912, on 20 Apr 2014 - 03:31 AM, said:snapback.png

they dnt give a **** about us :(

looooool

You know damn nothing about how the development process works at DE. Do not spout crap when you know next to nothing.

@op, in order for DE to get U13 to PS4. They have to make it. Its not as simple as just transferring code and resources and all that. They have to actually recode a lot of the stuff to fit with the PS4. DE does care, it just takes time like everything else. DE would like to get it as soon as possible, but they are really behind this week since the servers suffered a ddos attack and the fact is a Holiday(Easter) weekend in Canada (where DE is located).

There is also the fact that it takes up to like a week if not longer for Sony to approve the update to go through. Which, they could not which forces DE to change something in order for it to go through.

It might be a week or two if not longer before PS4 can get U13. I assure you DE wants to get it out as fast as possible, but its been a crazy week for DE.

Edit: Also, do you guys on the PS4 really want to have all the game breaking bugs and have DE not able to send out a hotfix right away because sony has to cert it? I highly doubt that you do. Think of PC as the testing ground for the PS4 update. We go all the broken stuff and bugs so you guys don't have to.

Also, that thread that the other guy poster earlier was deleted I believe, because it was more than likely causing nothing but a yelling fight, which gets absolutely nowhere.

Edited by Dtexas

You know damn nothing about how the development process works at DE. Do not spout crap when you know next to nothing.

@op, in order for DE to get U13 to PS4. They have to make it. Its not as simple as just transferring code and resources and all that. They have to actually recode a lot of the stuff to fit with the PS4. DE does care, it just takes time like everything else. DE would like to get it as soon as possible, but they are really behind this week since the servers suffered a ddos attack and the fact is a Holiday(Easter) weekend in Canada (where DE is located).

There is also the fact that it takes up to like a week if not longer for Sony to approve the update to go through. Which, they could not which forces DE to change something in order for it to go through.

It might be a week or two if not longer before PS4 can get U13. I assure you DE wants to get it out as fast as possible, but its been a crazy week for DE.

Edit: Also, do you guys on the PS4 really want to have all the game breaking bugs and have DE not able to send out a hotfix right away because sony has to cert it? I highly doubt that you do. Think of PC as the testing ground for the PS4 update. We go all the broken stuff and bugs so you guys don't have to.

Also, that thread that the other guy poster earlier was deleted I believe, because it was more than likely causing nothing but a yelling fight, which gets absolutely nowhere.

I doubt that takes a month or more to do.All that DE really has to do is change the control coding. Not much work there.

In the end, DE has left PS4 for dead. PC still reigns supreme.

12.4.6 is brokken

i preffer a bugged udp but with a lot of content...

with this one we got nothin even helios is not here yet

Edited by (PS4)Lucky_luciano737

^^^^

been waiting for a while DE...

well lets see......

U13 bugs fixed?

NOPE

give it to PS4 so they can *@##$ to sony?

uh. lets not.

you PS4 people can be patient and w8 till the bugs(and exploitable glitches) are fixed.

well lets see......

U13 bugs fixed?

NOPE

give it to PS4 so they can $#*(@ to sony?

uh. lets not.

you PS4 people can be patient and w8 till the bugs(and exploitable glitches) are fixed.

I'm not gonna argue with that, good point.

But what your not getting at is that alot of players would rather both platforms to be on the same page, even if it does mean postponing the update on PC so both platforms can experience the same things at the same time.

Its spoiling the game for us, I already know how U13 and everything in it, and i haven't even touched it.

I'm not gonna argue with that, good point.

But what your not getting at is that alot of players would rather both platforms to be on the same page, even if it does mean postponing the update on PC so both platforms can experience the same things at the same time.

Its spoiling the game for us, I already know how U13 and everything in it, and i haven't even touched it.

don't watch it simple as that ;)

Why should WE have to wait on OUR weekly updates because Sony is strict about cert?

Get over it. You should have found out early that its delayed. We get all the bugs and we are the test rats. You guys get the nice, finished copy of our update that we have had to sit through.

Did you guys have to experience crashes and data loss due to a bug and ddos? No. We PC players did. So suck it up and be happy you aren't stuck wtih unpolished updates.

Its not DE. Its sony.

I doubt that takes a month or more to do.All that DE really has to do is change the control coding. Not much work there.

Lol.

You have no idea, again, as most of you people do, how PS4 coding works. You cant just copy paste code from the PC to the Ps4 and change the controls and send it to cert. And DE has certainly NOT Left Ps4 for dead.

Edited by Z3ROWOLFHD

To be honest I see no problem with the delay since the update comes more polished and without bugs. The game was originally made for PC and it is natural that the development for this platform is more constant, since this flow is natural. Everything is a matter of patience. I apologize for my english, it`s not my first language.

Edited by (PS4)foo_luke

No we don't want bugs.  But we would like a chance to play the latest update before they start showcasing the NEXT update to PC players...

I've pretty much given up on this game. So many failed promises.  PC players just sit there and "lawl master race" while ps4 players have to smile and nod.  We are all gamers despite platform, people have just forgotten that.  I keep checking these forums, hoping that one day it will be better. So far, no luck.

Edited by (PS4)bob92985