Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Friendlier Starter

izzatuw

So i think DE should allow more of a friendlier weapon picking for starters

Heavy starter: Strun, Scindo and Bronco

Agile starter: Latron, Dual Kama and Afuris

Balanced starter: Braton, Skana and Lex

Edit: Currently added two starters but not sure if it is right.

Edited by izzatuw

It would be great if this were expanded into a really fleshed out feature:  After the tutorial, new players should be directed to "The Arsenal".  Here there are a variety of weapons that they can try out on static and mobile targets to see how they handle.   So maybe the Latron, the Strun, and the Braton Mark1 should be available as your primary, the Lato, the Viper and the Lex as your choices in secondary, and the Skana, Furax, and Scindo as your choices for melee. Player can mess around with them as long as they want.  When they leave the Arsenal they are prompted to make sure that these are their favorite/most effective weapons, and once they confirm that this is their chosen loadout,  whatever they are currently wielding becomes their free newbie gear that they start the game with.

It would be great if this were expanded into a really fleshed out feature:  After the tutorial, new players should be directed to "The Arsenal".  Here there are a variety of weapons that they can try out on static and mobile targets to see how they handle.   So maybe the Latron, the Strun, and the Braton Mark1 should be available as your primary, the Lato, the Viper and the Lex as your choices in secondary, and the Skana, Furax, and Scindo as your choices for melee. Player can mess around with them as long as they want.  When they leave the Arsenal they are prompted to make sure that these are their favorite/most effective weapons, and once they confirm that this is their chosen loadout,  whatever they are currently wielding becomes their free newbie gear that they start the game with.

Hmm, well isn't M-K1 Braton underpowered compared to both of those though?

I don't think so, but whatever. I just pulled the example list out of my anterior disposal orifice.  The point is giving newbies a selection of stuff that covers a variety of different styles, so they can start with what they like.

I think that having the choice of weapons would make for a better piece of the tutorial - being given weapons that don't necessarily fit your combat technique is a little irritating, like giving me a Gorgon when I have a Loki intended for invisibility (or something.)

I don't think so, but whatever. I just pulled the example list out of my anterior disposal orifice.  The point is giving newbies a selection of stuff that covers a variety of different styles, so they can start with what they like.

The Mk 1 braton is 86% weaker than the regular Braton (if we go into the math for DPS.  Ammo efficiency / damage is better on the regular Braton as well), and the regular braton is on par with the others. 

So honestly, we should just get rid of the Mk 1.