Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Ideas About Stealth

Xardis

I have an idea for some improvment in stealth mechanics:

1 - Stealth kills and affinity - It would be cool to have some multiplier for stealth kills when you are unseen by enemies. I know that it sounds stupid to have it just for kills that were hidden from enemies because you cant execute stealth kill when enemies see you that meens they are alarmed. But you can start an stealth kill when you are hidden but before the very end of it you are seen by someone. And it applys into all stealth kills not only just melee special animation.

2 - Extra affinity for the time when alarms are off - When alarms are still off there are less enemies spawning so you will get less XP. That makes "rambo rampage" more rewarding than stealth play. I know that if the whole ship is empty or the ship is going right into the sun there isnt much difrence if the alarms are on or off but sometimes the objective of the mission is diffrent (see infiltration or capture). Of coure this wont apply to defence, survival and interception. So to counter it i came up with an idea that at the end of the missions total XP will be divaided into two groups - XP earnd when the alarm is on and off. It will be determined by the percentage of time when the alarms where off. part of XP earned when they where off will by multiplied by some value.

3 - More AI sense into gameplay - After someone sees you every enemy knows exacly where are you as if they had a colective mind. This have some sense when we're looking into Infested or Orokin because its not exacly known if they have colective mind, same with all moas. But for the other types of enemies this is something that should be fixed. THey should be tougher but less aware of surroundings. When someone sees me and I kill him all other enemies should know where I was when I killed him, not where I will be when they go there. I could run away and wait for them to go away to search for me and I could kill them one by one, no one can detect through wall where I am.

Thats 3 basic things about stealth that i wanted to mention. As to first two I didnt gav exact values because its not to me to balanse the game. Tell me what you think about it and if you have better ideas for some of the elements of this please add it.

Edit: Good example for that mechanics is game "Mark of the Ninja".

Edited by Xardis

I have an idea for some improvment in stealth mechanics:

1 - Stealth kills and affinity - It would be cool to have some multiplier for stealth kills when you are unseen by enemies. I know that it sounds stupid to have it just for kills that were hidden from enemies because you cant execute stealth kill when enemies see you that meens they are alarmed. But you can start an stealth kill when you are hidden but before the very end of it you are seen by someone. And it applys into all stealth kills not only just melee special animation.

2 - Extra affinity for the time when alarms are off - When alarms are still off there are less enemies spawning so you will get less XP. That makes "rambo rampage" more rewarding than stealth play. I know that if the whole ship is empty or the ship is going right into the sun there isnt much difrence if the alarms are on or off but sometimes the objective of the mission is diffrent (see infiltration or capture). Of coure this wont apply to defence, survival and interception. So to counter it i came up with an idea that at the end of the missions total XP will be divaided into two groups - XP earnd when the alarm is on and off. It will be determined by the percentage of time when the alarms where off. part of XP earned when they where off will by multiplied by some value.

3 - More AI sense into gameplay - After someone sees you every enemy knows exacly where are you as if they had a colective mind. This have some sense when we're looking into Infested or Orokin because its not exacly known if they have colective mind, same with all moas. But for the other types of enemies this is something that should be fixed. THey should be tougher but less aware of surroundings. When someone sees me and I kill him all other enemies should know where I was when I killed him, not where I will be when they go there. I could run away and wait for them to go away to search for me and I could kill them one by one, no one can detect through wall where I am.

Thats 3 basic things about stealth that i wanted to mention. As to first two I didnt gav exact values because its not to me to balanse the game. Tell me what you think about it and if you have better ideas for some of the elements of this please add it.

Edit: Good example for that mechanics is game "Mark of the Ninja".

Yes.  yes.  All my yes.  We need stealth. 

Also maybe mix some of the ideas with here for bringing things together?; https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/207583-krauserlols-ultimate-corpus-update-threat-the-corpus-shall-rise/

... I'm thinking we should just come up with a stealth / AI update culmination thread group thing... yeah I'ma get my ideas together.