Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Koumei & the Five Fates: Known Issues ×

Slower Load Times Accour Over Time

DiBBz

I noticed this just as U9 hit and over time my load times plummeted and because very very slow , now it until last week ago or so i decided to verify cache on steam , now all tho it seemed to have cleared up the speed problem after the hot-fixes load times became slower once again

DE you seriously need to look into this as its not only effects my load times getting to login menu , but also loading into games

and before someone seriously comes here and says its my PC's fault i hardly doubt it , considering in CBT days right threw to U8 my load times where fast and fine , now surely im not the only one here because a couple of my clan mates also experience the same problem over time and they have FAR more powerful PC's than i do

before all this happened it took my 2-5 secs to load into the login screen , as time went on and on and before i done the verify on steam

it took me close to 47 secs to 1 min 3 secs

after vefifiy it was back to its old self at 2-4 seconds

but now its starting to load slower (currently) its at 7-11 seconds , and will only get much worse as DE continues to patch

Something needs to be done performance wise! Changes and improvements were promised in livestreams and in the forums but besides a few tileset optimizations there is really no real performance improvements to be seen.

Already sent a letter to Rebecca in hopes we get a definite answers perfromance related issues that are indeed crippling gameplay.  

Edited by Bazools

Unfortunately games taking longer to load is an effect of DE putting in more physics into the game and also due to additions of Syandanas and other dangly bits. These items eat processor power plain and simple and there is nothing that can be done really to fix it as they are all physics based with their waving around. I expect that Warframe will only get harder and harder for comps to run the longer it is out. As they add more graphical "improvements" this causes more strain on people's rigs and just about brings the game to an unplayable state for some. I have a friend that can play however if anyone runs Zephyr and casts tornados he immediately dcs. Also back in the day when Nova first came out the comp I had at the time would crash as soon as M prime went off. I hope this trend does not continue but to be honest it probably will as WF tries to stay interesting and make constant changes. I would love to see approx. a 3 month time frame with no content updates, only optimizations and bug fixes.

Unfortunately games taking longer to load is an effect of DE putting in more physics into the game and also due to additions of Syandanas and other dangly bits. These items eat processor power plain and simple and there is nothing that can be done really to fix it as they are all physics based with their waving around. I expect that Warframe will only get harder and harder for comps to run the longer it is out. As they add more graphical "improvements" this causes more strain on people's rigs and just about brings the game to an unplayable state for some. I have a friend that can play however if anyone runs Zephyr and casts tornados he immediately dcs. Also back in the day when Nova first came out the comp I had at the time would crash as soon as M prime went off. I hope this trend does not continue but to be honest it probably will as WF tries to stay interesting and make constant changes. I would love to see approx. a 3 month time frame with no content updates, only optimizations and bug fixes.

Although i agree, i also believe that optimizations to effects, tilesets and other small pieces isn't enough. Warframe really needs performance fixes to the game engine itself and to how network data transfers works.

Whoah, I just verified Warframe files, and it needs to download 4.7 GB of files...

What the hell happened?

yep and you will have to keep doing that if you wish to at least help improve load times , done it 2 days ago and did not improve as much as before

FPS is fine i get 60FPS even in the most intensive and explosive situations , and i drop to around 30-40 when major rag-dolling happens , its just load times