Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yet Another Newbie With A Grustrag Bolt...

Xylia

This issue has brought forth an upcoming change to the Grustrag 3's choice of pursuing lower ranked players.

We agree that the struggle for New Players getting 'bolted' early would cause frustrations. Thanks for reporting! 

Tbh i would rather see power curve reduced then "newbies having no dmg" wouldnt be such a problem and they could get past through earth without asking for help even when they have bolt on.

Also it would be fine imo if bolt removal used alloys instead of neural and polymer instead of neurodes.

I'd have to agree that the bolt idea just sounds....... stupid and uninteresting IMO.

When the Harvester defeats you, you get to play a unique Escape Mission and that sounds like that could actually be fun.

But the Grustrag Bolt....is basically a Mission Failed + Grind to remove the bolt.

The last thing Warfarm needs is more Grind.

IMO, I'd rather they make another type of Escape Mission having to do with the G3. Maybe the G3 drag the Tenno to some Arena where they train Grineer troops how to fight Tenno. They give you naught but a stick to defend yourself with, and they send various units in after you and you have to find a way to escape the Arena while fighting off the guys. Once you escape the Arena, you end up in some ductwork that the Grineer can't follow you in, and while you're in there, the Lotus can do a supply drop with real weapons (the weapons you chose to start the mission with) and you have to go find them while trying not to be seen the Grineer.

Once you get your weapons, then it is a simple "Fight to get out". Maybe there's a Time Limit on it, say, 3-5 minutes that you have to get to the extraction point. If you don't, the Grustrag Three show up again. If you beat them, you get the Brakk piece. If not... then you have to repeat the mission again.

Escape mission is actually pretty fun by WF's standards. I got harvested by the kitten when leveling a Nekros and trash weapons (a big %&$%£ to the teammates that were speedrunning), and then the Escape was about running for your life to avoid getting insta-killed until you finally get to the only decent weapon you had and then leisurely walk to extraction. It was a refreshing change.

Kinda weird to have plug-and-play powers Lotus: "oh, you found your powers" Lolwhut?

As for the arena.... that's cool. Grineer-like thing, less dumb than materials. Any veteran laughs at those requirements or can go and grind with another frame. A newbie.... nope.