Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo Barracks Size Based On Your Current Amount Of Clan Members

Harbinger942

when my clan first started we had no idea or clue what we were doing or what to build so we spent resources and platinum to build as fast as we could, now we have 12 people with enough room for 500 (give or take) and we can barely do research and a few people left because of the amount of stuff we need.

Well, you should have learned how it worked before you built a ton of stuff, this is your own fault.

There's no explanation in-game of how dojos work, to my knowledge, including in the tutorials in the codex. Something that can waste massive quantities of materials if you make the wrong decision early on should be explained at least a little WITHOUT having to manually research it outside the game.

That is why they separated Clan Halls and Barracks, so you could get nicer Clan Halls without upgrading the clan size.

I don't think it's possible to downsize after you've upgraded, so you'll have to farm forever to do upgrades or see if support can do anything about it. I doubt that they can, but it's worth a shot.

Last resort is you'll have to remake the clan and start over, but that's better than the ridiculous costs if it comes to it?

Delete the barracks, please.  If you have a small clan, that's perfectly fine.  This clan system is built around making smaller clans equal with the other bigger clan due to system mechanics.  There are pros and cons for both big and small clans, so simply pick the one you want to be and be happy.  

If you want a clan with 500 people, you need 500 people are close to that many.  Once you do, you wont have this reasorce problem anymore, or at least you shouldn't...  However if you only have 12 members, delete that barracks.  You only need a barracks if you have people wanting to join your clan and you no longer have any more room for new members.  That's the moment you should build a barracks.

Delete the barracks, please. 

As far as I know, that does not downgrade your clan nor reduce the amount of resources required for anything. It is not a solution to the problem OP is asking about.

plus the mechanic to base on player and not barracks is not a huge undertaking and i am not asking for it right away [DE] just put some work into it when you can and release it were you can.

They would have to add - that if you left the clan, all your resource in the clan vault would be returned to you. 

Unfortunately there is nothin you can do to reduce your size anymore once you've built a barracks. Deleting the barracks won't work. Support won't reduce your size either because there could be other clans that would exploit the system if they could change sizes at a whim.

I know it sounds like a bad move but it will help in the long run, kick everyone from the clan and then leave the clan yourself to disband it(if your the warlord) then remake the clan. You will lose everything resources, credits, research, and plat. Remake the clan and use the cheap prices as a ghost clan to get everything remade and research started then only build new barracks when you absolutely need to.

A system to help clans downgrade to the proper tier would be great, hopefully DE will add it in the future. Downgrading after a week might not be a good idea, though, because all those clans who upgrade their clan and then start recruiting to fill the spaces might find themselves downgraded if they're in a recruitment drought and they'll have to pay to upgrade again.

Also, if they upgrade and then they go on a long break, they'd come back to it being reverted.

Obviously it wouldn't downgrade below the level that your clan's member count requires, but it could still lead to issues similar to the ones I just mentioned.

In the end, if you do have to remake it, since your clan is fairly small, everyone should get together and earn the money (if they don't have it) to replicate all the blueprints before the clan is disbanded. That way at least everyone at least gets what they earned.

ok how about

A system to help clans downgrade to the proper tier would be great, hopefully DE will add it in the future. Downgrading after a week might not be a good idea, though, because all those clans who upgrade their clan and then start recruiting to fill the spaces might find themselves downgraded if they're in a recruitment drought and they'll have to pay to upgrade again.

Also, if they upgrade and then they go on a long break, they'd come back to it being reverted.

Obviously it wouldn't downgrade below the level that your clan's member count requires, but it could still lead to issues similar to the ones I just mentioned.

In the end, if you do have to remake it, since your clan is fairly small, everyone should get together and earn the money (if they don't have it) to replicate all the blueprints before the clan is disbanded. That way at least everyone at least gets what they earned.

point taken 1-3 months