The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Event Mods In Nightmare Mode

Eyepop

Please dont tell me the same thing is going to happen with Cicero/Tethra mods as what happened to Brakk...

It will, in fact mods they put back in more than anything else. Only event mod that has not been added to the drop tables is the Cicero/Tethra mods and Primed Chamber, with DE explicitly stating Primed Chamber will return. They have never said the others would and by their own stance the only things that have no chance of coming back is Founders gear and the closed beta vandals.

It will, in fact mods they put back in more than anything else. Only event mod that has not been added to the drop tables is the Cicero/Tethra mods and Primed Chamber, with DE explicitly stating Primed Chamber will return. They have never said the others would and by their own stance the only things that have no chance of coming back is Founders gear and the closed beta vandals.

Thats stupid, imo.

Why make something exclusive for a while and have little kids cry about how they missed the event for whatever reason and begging that they are given the same things as those who were there and did the event? Why make them exclusive in the first place if they plan to fully release it later from the beginning? 

If thats the case, I demand Snipetron to become available again because I wasn't there when it was possible to get somehow.

Edited by maikkeli31

It might, that ones a grey area since it's a completely discontinued weapon that conflicted lore and they replaced it with the Lanka. So that's /probably/ not going to happen but not out of the question. And I rarely ever hear DE themselves call these items exclusive. People think just because it comes from an event that it will be a one time chance. Which DE says no, it's a vault and they can rerelease things when they feel like. 

Edit: Really, DE made their stance about this pretty clear, I'm surprised people are still unaware of this.

Edite again: Also I think for these they'll wait till they've got all 4 elements done in this style and then release them to a new mission type akin how the ammo mutations are in the survival drop tables rather than simply being part of nightmare.

Edited by Kazzamo

Thats stupid, imo.

Why make something exclusive for a while and have little kids cry about how they missed the event for whatever reason and begging that they are given the same things as those who were there and did the event? Why make them exclusive in the first place if they plan to fully release it later from the beginning? 

If thats the case, I demand Snipetron to become available again because I wasn't there when it was possible to get somehow.

You're the one weeping.  There's more at stake than e-peen with mod exclusivity and they will be returning.  As many have mentioned Cicero and Tethra mods especially are actually ESSENTIAL for status builds.

If DE said they're going to be exclusive why are we even discussing this? The developers are the only one with say so in this and arguing about it is useless and just because it's the only way to be an effective status build won't make them change their minds.

You're the one weeping.  There's more at stake than e-peen with mod exclusivity and they will be returning.  As many have mentioned Cicero and Tethra mods especially are actually ESSENTIAL for status builds.

If they are indeed planning to release them, they should just go ahead and do so already. A guy in my clan was speculating wildly that just because you can take antitoxins to the sabotage mission on Earth means you can get the cicero mods from it.

Edit: This is obviously false.

Edited by maikkeli31

If DE said they're going to be exclusive why are we even discussing this? The developers are the only one with say so in this and arguing about it is useless and just because it's the only way to be an effective status build won't make them change their minds.

The current situation with Cicero and Tethra mods is exactly the same as the situation before with ammo mutation mods.  It's pretty obvious that they will be returning to the game at some point, the question is when and I think that DE may well respond positively to demand.

You mean like they responded to people whining about Founder's gear? Oh wait.

Founders gear is a specific case and they're legally bound to keep that stuff exclusive, no one is arguing otherwise.  I'm totally content with keeping event equipment exclusive too.

You can argue with a brick wall if you want but it is pointless to counter arguments that noone is making.

The current situation with Cicero and Tethra mods is exactly the same as the situation before with ammo mutation mods.  It's pretty obvious that they will be returning to the game at some point, the question is when and I think that DE may well respond positively to demand.

-sigh-

Kid cries how he dropped his candy cane, mom buys him a new one...

-sigh-

That's... really not the case for it here. DE has a huge precedent of re-releasing event mods. It really is a when at this point not an if.

Also I have all my Cicero and Tethra mods and plan to keep them for myself. I have nothing to gain or lose when this happens.

Edited by Kazzamo

-sigh-

The analogy is lost on me.  Maybe if you understood your own arguments you could word them in a way that even a child could understand, rather than a child psychologist.

That's... really not the case for it here. DE has a huge precedent of re-releasing event mods. It really is a when at this point not an if.

Also I have all my Cicero and Tethra mods and plan to keep them for myself. I have nothing to gain or lose when this happens.

As far as I know, the only event mods they have re-released so far are the mutation mods.

And you said they plan on re-releasing Primed Chamber as well. Do you know this as a fact, or are just speculating out of good will?

edit; I'm done. If they release the mods again, oh well. More pokemon to catch. Doesnt make me happy, though.

Edited by maikkeli31

As far as I know, the only event mods they have re-released so far are the mutation mods.

And you said they plan on re-releasing Primed Chamber as well. Do you know this as a fact, or are just speculating out of good will?

Corrosive Projection, Shield Disruption, Infested Impedance, Shred, Vigor, and Lethal Torrent are all also event mods that have been added back into the game and DE themselves have said for a fact they will do more events to reward primed chamber. Also for re-release Frost Prime was an event item as well.

In regards to Primed Chamber I think it was confirmed as coming back but only as an event/contest reward, not as a regular drop.

I personally don't really care about whether or not the Cicero/Tethra mods get released, but going by what happened with the Brakk/Detron it's entirely possible the mods will be released again.

the thing is they will be re-released, its only natural for DE to release them,

first hold an event, players play event and gain special mod/s,

event ends and people that didn't get it, beg barrow and steal for Plat to get it,

after its allotted time, its not longer profitable for them,

not everyone will want to sell their mods, so they will stop selling,

you will reach a point where no one is selling, so no one is buying plat to trade for them,

DE sees this and decides to re-release these mods now for the public,

people play and get them, since they are no longer as rare, their price will drop,

however since they are now obtainable People will start selling again,

people selling again makes people who don't want to work for them buy Plat,

plat sales again start up for the mods,

a new event comes out the the process repeats

"Tier 2: Complete mission with between 250 and 499 points and you will receive the Tier 1 rewards plus the following four Mods:

• Jolt: (Pistol) 15% Proc chance + 15% Electricity damage
  • Shell Shock: (Shotgun) 15% Proc chance + 15% Electricity damage
  • High Voltage: (Rifle) 15% Proc chance + 15% Electricity damage
  • Voltaic Strike: (Melee) 15% Proc chance + 15% Electricity damage"

They never said anything about exclusivity with the Tethra mods, so they might be released; however, this will probably make a lot of people angry. Although, so did the release of the Brakk to the newer players. Also, 

"Score 50 points and you will receive a set of 4x Dual Stat Mods (Status chance + Toxic Damage) (Malignant Force, Toxic Barrage, Virulent Scourge, Pistol Pestilence)."

Again, nothing about this reward says exclusive mods. With all that being said, I don't think they should be released. The Brakk I understand, because you can't trade pieces for it, but you can trade mods. If you truly wanted these mods you could sell extra prime gear until you have enough platinum to purchase event mods. Also, you can still do your damage 2.0 combos, you just don't get the extra 60% damage. That is a lot, true, but it doesn't make combos impossible.

I never understood this...what is wrong with exclusivity?

Why should I, claim a right to have something like Primed Chamber , when other people worked hard to earn one,or others paid big cash for it?

Is like claiming a right for free Ferrari's for everyone.

I didn't participated in the Cicero event,why should I claim the prize?

As a new player,I lack all the Vandal gear ,all the Wraiths ,besides the Gorgon . I'm fine with that,because I didn't earn them.

Exlusivity is bad if you need the item/mod/whatever to play the game without getting curb stomped by the enemies later on.

Cosmetic exclusives are fine.

I never understood this...what is wrong with exclusivity?

Why should I, claim a right to have something like Primed Chamber , when other people worked hard to earn one,or others paid big cash for it?

Is like claiming a right for free Ferrari's for everyone.

I didn't participated in the Cicero event,why should I claim the prize?

As a new player,I lack all the Vandal gear ,all the Wraiths ,besides the Gorgon . I'm fine with that,because I didn't earn them.

Probably because this is a game, and people play games generally to get away from Real Life where they have to deal with not having Ferraris.

Tethra mods are exclusive

They never stated anything in the past event that they WERE exclusive mods, same with the Cicero mods. They stated the Wraith Vipers were exclusive, but never stated the Gorgon Wraith was exclusive.